Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 06-03-2007, 11:20 PM   #1
guyonbike

guyonbike is a n00b; standing by
Gary Fisher level betty

Hi everyone I dont know much about mountain bikes (except how to ride it) and I wanted to sell the bike I had now and upgrade to somthing better. I was wondering if anyone could tell me roughly what I can sell my bike for its a 1998 Gary fisher level betty fh2 its practicaly mint condition I had everything done on it last september (tires brakes sprockets shifters) and have only ridden it 3 times since. what is this guy worth?
guyonbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-04-2007, 01:56 AM   #2
nouseforaname
My name is Duncan

nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW.
Not a lot - unfortunately, you are a victim of the full suspension syndrome. Your bike was outdated 2 years after you bought it, and is now probably worth the sum of the parts that you fitted.

There is no real support for the suspension components of your ride, and anyone using it as a off road bike will come to realise that sooner (probably) or later. I doubt that Trek still has spares to keep the back end wiggle free, and Rock Shox doesnt keep spares for that era of forks.

Sorry if i seem harsh - it's not my intention - but the reality is as it is.

If you get $500 IMO you have got a good price for it. Its good that its mint - duallies rarely last that long in any other condition.

Good luck.
nouseforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 02:04 AM   #3
XXX_er

XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW.
thats the unifyed rear triangle which is basicly not real suspension just a hinge in the middle of the bike ,I had the 97 gary fisher Z2 its not worth much ... unless you can find someone who doesnt know any better ,I got 600 for mine in about 2002 and I was happy to get that ,

fortunatley the guy doesnt know where I live
XXX_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:08 AM   #4
guyonbike

i was hoping to get around 400 is that too much to list it for?
Old 06-04-2007, 03:21 AM   #5
nouseforaname
My name is Duncan

nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW. nouseforaname has achieved FLOW.
My old boss used to say that there was someone for every bike, at any price. If you're happy to get $400, go for it. Whats the worst that can happen?
nouseforaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 AM   #6
Straw
Jon

Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW.
I used to want that bike!

There are people that like to ride vintage bikes...

Sell it to a grom who just want's something better than a costco bike.

1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34
Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:31 AM   #7
Heathen
A displaced Islander.

Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW.
Got any pics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:52 AM   #8
guyonbike

yeah i can take a couple and post them tomorrow
Old 06-06-2007, 12:10 AM   #9
guyonbike

I took some pictures today sorry there not so good my camera isnt too good.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:20 AM   #10
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to rewoga
Dude - that's gorgeous! I would buy it off you but my wife is already unimpressed with the beater Specialized Hardrock I just built up (biopace chainrings and low profile cantilevers!)!

I had a 1996 Trek Y-33 - I upgraded the brakes to Avid SD-7's, and it had an XTR/XT grouppo otherwise. I managed to sell it for $500 USD in 2003 in San Francisco - Craigslist is a beautiful thing. Good luck selling that sucker!

Better bet is to keep it for commuting and to give to your kids someday!

I write interesting stories with mediocre quality photo's about things I do and crazy shit that happens!

http://www.citizenclass.ca
rewoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #11
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nouseforaname View Post
Not a lot - unfortunately, you are a victim of the full suspension syndrome. Your bike was outdated 2 years after you bought it, and is now probably worth the sum of the parts that you fitted.

There is no real support for the suspension components of your ride, and anyone using it as a off road bike will come to realise that sooner (probably) or later. I doubt that Trek still has spares to keep the back end wiggle free, and Rock Shox doesnt keep spares for that era of forks.

Sorry if i seem harsh - it's not my intention - but the reality is as it is.

If you get $500 IMO you have got a good price for it. Its good that its mint - duallies rarely last that long in any other condition.

Good luck.
Believe it or not, I found a crack in the rear triangle of my rear triangle of my Y-33 in 2003 and Trek shipped me a new one free of charge - complete with a disk brake tab - oh ya!

I write interesting stories with mediocre quality photo's about things I do and crazy shit that happens!

Old 06-06-2007, 12:52 AM   #12
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

Had to post the pics:

Shock linkage

The disk mount

That's one sweet bike!

Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 AM   #13
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW.
just find the right market for it. I bet NSMB is not the market. Try Ebay.
heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 02:24 AM   #14
Testy
Freetard Breeder

Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW. Testy has achieved FLOW.
I'd say throw it up on Craigslist for $200.00
That would be a fair price for that rig.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:25 AM   #15
Straw
Jon

Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW.
Those fat tubed bikes are perfect for sweet custom paint jobs.

The Y bike is best because it's so smooth looking.

1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34
Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: