Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 01-03-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
The Trail's Kiss

Riley McIntosh takes us along.

Kissed not shredded this time.

Check it.
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-03-2007, 07:59 AM   #2
Viper55

Viper55 is a n00b; standing by
Great job Riley, nice piece of writing.
Viper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:48 AM   #3
Silk
Life is now or never

Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.Silk has achieved FLOW.
Nice article Riley, Looks like a great rooty loamy trail.
Silk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
mark_uk

nice article

Nice article - funny how a couple of successes can be brought back down to earth with a bump. But it's that elusive 'high' when you are on it that we keep on chasing.

Shame about the rubbish in this picture - http://photos.nsmb.com/showimage.php?i=11515&c=5 :O(
Old 01-03-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
Jerry-Rig

Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.
nice write up Riley ! +rep
Old 01-03-2007, 05:34 PM   #6
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Agreed... I want to go ride my bike now!

Doh!

Excellent write up...

Dan
Old 01-03-2007, 06:36 PM   #7
Kever
steep and deep

Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.Kever has achieved FLOW.
Awesome story Riley! Now the question I'm sure most of us are thinking, what trail is that!?!
Kever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 06:57 PM   #8
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Just so everyone is clear on this - the trail in Riley's story is in no way related to the photos of Ryan - which were shot in various places. Riley had words but no images so I just picked a few that I thought might match the mood of the story.

In fact I don't have any idea where the trail in question is. My guess would be the Kootenays but Riley gets around to some very cool places so it could be anywhere.
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:01 PM   #9
dirty deeds
done dirt cheap

dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.
that naked woman lying in the forest would have distracted me. I'd have crashed for sure.
"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself --out of boredom?-- is called "Slopestyle" --doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver-
dirty deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #10
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty deeds
that naked woman lying in the forest would have distracted me. I'd have crashed for sure.
I hear yeah! I would have "made out" with that trail!
Old 01-04-2007, 02:10 AM   #11
JD1

JD1 is a n00b; standing by
Inspring enough to make me register as a member

I have been reading this site regularly for a few years now and this article just prompted me to reply. Great job describing the feeling of riding a whole trail end to end. It seems to me that when a ride teaches you something (anything) it is a good ride. Thank you for taking the sting out of an already too long winter's break from putting rubber to dirt.
JD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:23 AM   #12
RMFanatik
South of Sanity

RMFanatik is a n00b; standing by
That feeling of being in the zone, achieving flow, that's what I got from your article. Thank you!! Hope to see more of your articles here.
RMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
Dean W
Injuries SUCK!!

Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kever
Awesome story Riley! Now the question I'm sure most of us are thinking, what trail is that!?!
^^^^^
Bingo!!!!

Excellent write-up.

Where does this trail hide?
Dean W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 06:09 PM   #14
Mic
The Diaper Diaries

Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.Mic has achieved FLOW.
I especially like his description of "letting go of the world" during riding the bike and facing a challenge. Sweet little story, and the pics fit in excellent, cam.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:57 AM   #15
RiDe

RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.RiDe has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to RiDe
i need to start getting some pictures of my own to go along with the words. trail im talking about is in duncan on vancouver island, that ride was back in october. i was down there visiting my family for a few days. couple weeks later i was traveling around in vietnam and just sat down at this computer one night a little drunk and wrote that story, sent it to cam, forgot about it. kind of cool to see it on nsmb because other than cam's copy its saved on some random computer on the other side of the world.

more coming soon. i just gotta find another random computer to hack away on and im golden.

enjoy the winter
R
RiDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: