Old 10-04-2006, 06:51 PM   #1
enduramil
Team NFI

enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.
Light Batteries

Fiance asked if for a light so she can ride. After going through all the parts I have got all I need but the battery. Even have a carry bag.

So seeking some advice from the bike electrician's on here.

It is a BLT light, same one that I have. The one battery on the side say's DL-4.6-6 (6v-4.6AH). Have been told can use RC type batteries for the light.

Can some one confirm? Have a source for some if it is doable.
enduramil is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #2
Dean W
Injuries SUCK!!

Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.
Yes, a RC type light would work very well for that application.

You can get it at an RC store or The Source (Radio Shack). Get a charger as well
Dean W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
enduramil
Team NFI

enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.enduramil has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Yes, a RC type light would work very well for that application.

You can get it at an RC store or The Source (Radio Shack). Get a charger as well
Cool.

It's something similar to this I'm looking for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-RC-6V-2100mAh-...QQcmdZViewItem

On prob a for see is the connector. It's RCA on the light wire for the connector.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
mrraulduke

mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to mrraulduke
www.batteryspace.com
always check these guys out
they've got an entire ' bike light ' sections, or get a lithium ion pack, super small, long burn time, light weight, but a bit pricy.
mrraulduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:53 PM   #5
Dean W
Injuries SUCK!!

Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.Dean W has achieved FLOW.
Get a new set of male and female RC type connectors as well at the RC store or Radio Shack. They are cheap and designed to be connected and disconnected on a continual basis.

When splicing the wires together and soldering make sure to properly shrink tube/insulate the wires.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:18 AM   #6
enduramil
Team NFI

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude
Get a new set of male and female RC type connectors as well at the RC store or Radio Shack. They are cheap and designed to be connected and disconnected on a continual basis.

When splicing the wires together and soldering make sure to properly shrink tube/insulate the wires.
Checked at Radio Shack for RC batteries. They looked at me like I had horns and cloven hoofs.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:27 AM   #7
Dean W
Injuries SUCK!!

The staff and service at most Radio Shack (Source) has gone from bad to PATHETIC. They used to have lots of selection for RC.

You might need to find an RC shop.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #8
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.
Won't help someone in Scarborough, but I just replaced my old BLT SLA battery ( it was a GFX 6V 5Ah) with a GFX 6V 7.5Ah direct from GFX in Burnaby.

The battery was $16.75 incl.tax. what a steal!

It's a little bigger and heavier, but also 2.5 more Ah. Identical connectors, so it was plug and play in the dark.

GFX is at 120-3823 Henning Drive, Burnaby www.gfxpower.ca
heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: