Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2003, 09:57 PM   #1
DHJUNKIE
Sinister Bikes

DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via AIM to DHJUNKIE
Wade Simmons Article in BIKE

There is an article in the march BIKE mag about different pro riders views on things. This is the wade section of it.

Describe your first mountain bike
A steel Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo when i was in the night grade. It had the U brake down below and Bull moose bars. Its a freedom vehicle when you ra kid, a mode of exploration, YOu can only go a couple of blocks on a skateboard and your burt, but you can couver serious distance on a bike.

What do a lot of freeriders have on their bikes that they dont' need?
I think people have too much travel. They should learn technique before they ride full suspension. If you lear to ride on a hardtail first, you have to become efficient and smooth. Transferring skills from a hardtail to a full suspention makes you a better rider.

When you see other freeriders, what do you find is their most common bike setup mistake?
People in general have too high of a front end, lower you center of gravity with the front end up your not goign to be able to bunny hop as well. If the front end is lower you can pick it up more easily and you have more control.

What part do you wear out the fastest
Frames, but now its more ovalizing headtubes. I dont break frames. Back when I was learing to go big, thats when frames were breaking. I think every rider, freerider in particular, go through a frame breakign stage, and then they become better, smoother riders.

If you could be any bike part, what would you be and why?
If a cute girl bought me, it'd be nice to be a seat.

Old 02-16-2003, 10:05 PM   #2
Del
::::::::::::::

Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.Del has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via AIM to Del
Haha, Wade rules! Thanks for that
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:07 PM   #3
superman_4
tweaker

superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.superman_4 has achieved FLOW.
to the seat bit.
superman_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:12 PM   #4
scott@nsmb.com
NSMB Admin

scott@nsmb.com is a n00b; standing by
Ode to a bike set
scott@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:13 PM   #5
Diligent_Nose

Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.Diligent_Nose has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via ICQ to Diligent_Nose
Quote:
Originally posted by superman_4
to the seat bit.
Diligent_Nose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 10:29 PM   #6
Pennywise
compulsive womaniser

Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.Pennywise has achieved FLOW.
wick-id

IH8XC i'll keep you in mind when all the men die, all the goats die and the batteries in my vibrator run out.
Pennywise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 11:29 PM   #7
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.
Wade , ahahah what else can u say...

he's totaly got teh right state of mind..

IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:17 AM   #8
MiKeY

MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.MiKeY has achieved FLOW.
hahaaha. i love that seat bit.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:25 AM   #9
blackspire racer
~FreeRider~

blackspire racer is a n00b; standing by
yeah thats a sweet bit hes definately right bout the the too much suspension though i may add

..:: Team HTP ::..
blackspire racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 12:49 AM   #10
Slamigo
just jeepin

Slamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan ClubSlamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan ClubSlamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan ClubSlamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan Club
Quote:
What part do you wear out the fastest
Frames, but now its more ovalizing headtubes.
Ovalizing headtubes...
that's why I got a CK Steelset
Slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 02:58 AM   #11
Roasted

Roasted is climbing past PipelineRoasted is climbing past PipelineRoasted is climbing past PipelineRoasted is climbing past PipelineRoasted is climbing past PipelineRoasted is climbing past Pipeline
I think we can safely assume Wade has been there and tried that. If he is ovalizin head tubes I am sure he has tried every fix created let alone CK steelset.
Roasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 03:37 AM   #12
Infamous

Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.Infamous has achieved FLOW.
wade is the man! his answers ares oo good

If you could be any bike part, what would you be and why?
If a cute girl bought me, it'd be nice to be a seat.
Infamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 03:48 AM   #13
DHJUNKIE
Sinister Bikes

DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.DHJUNKIE has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via AIM to DHJUNKIE
yeah i have to agree with what wade says w/ all those answers.. makes total sense.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:20 AM   #14
white ri0t
POPPED COLLA GROWLA

white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.white ri0t has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to white ri0t
Quote:
Originally posted by Slamigo
Ovalizing headtubes...
that's why I got a CK Steelset
For some reason I think the headset isn't the problem...
white ri0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 04:25 AM   #15
Shore for Sure

Shore for Sure is at the 6th switchbackShore for Sure is at the 6th switchbackShore for Sure is at the 6th switchbackShore for Sure is at the 6th switchbackShore for Sure is at the 6th switchbackShore for Sure is at the 6th switchback
The seat answer is the best, unless, it's a fat chick with a odour problem, that could be bad.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: