Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 01-24-2006, 03:00 AM   #1
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
New Review: 2006 Switch

There is a new review up for the 2006 Rocky Switch 2.0 posted here. Check it out here to learn about another new bike for this year.
corey@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2006, 03:02 AM   #2
hard_core_biker
Captain Obvious

hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor
thats such a nice bike, me and my bud were looking at that on the comp. at school(at lunch) and hes seriously considering that for his fully over an atomik but we need to know more about it price wise...
Quote:
Originally Posted by seand View Post
I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.
hard_core_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:10 AM   #3
Slamigo
just jeepin

Slamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan Club Slamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan Club Slamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan Club Slamigo deserves a tour of the VanTan Club
they list the price in the review. I believe it was $3499 CDN.
Nice bike.

For sale: 5th element spring 425 lbs from a 2003 Bullit $40 shipping incl. PM me.
Slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:11 AM   #4
big ben

big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW. big ben has achieved FLOW.
that bike is so nice. so the zoki tires are crap eh
big ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:12 AM   #5
hard_core_biker
Captain Obvious

hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor hard_core_biker can bask in the sweat of their bodyarmor
i dunno, looking at the site i think i might take the 2.0 over the 3.0...
cheaper and only a difference of 66vf and 66vf2. then dhx 4.0 and 5.0
not a biggie but less cash out of my pocket..
Quote:
I like to throw up prior to dropping into a-line. I find it makes jumping easier.
Old 01-24-2006, 03:15 AM   #6
jonny.zee

jonny.zee deserves a tour of the VanTan Club jonny.zee deserves a tour of the VanTan Club jonny.zee deserves a tour of the VanTan Club
Is that you in the pics, Corey? If so, nice job piloting the bike. Looks like some sweet Crippler action to me but I could be wrong.
jonny.zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 03:47 AM   #7
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny.zee
Is that you in the pics, Corey? If so, nice job piloting the bike. Looks like some sweet Crippler action to me but I could be wrong.
Yeah, me on the bike, and the trail is Crippler. Good eye!
Old 01-24-2006, 04:12 AM   #8
ShoreIH

ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW. ShoreIH has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@nsmb.com
Yeah, me on the bike, and the trail is Crippler. Good eye!

so it was crippler! Me and a friend had a debate over which trail it was over lunch ..........
ShoreIH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 04:48 AM   #9
S-Dawg
TALK less RIDE more!

S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW. S-Dawg has achieved FLOW.
damn that is basically the exact bike i need. one problem though no $$$, when the time comes it might be that bike
S-Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:45 AM   #10
SubPlop
Rather be biking

SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW. SubPlop has achieved FLOW.
I noticed this contradiction in the article:

Quote:
Rocky Mountain makes all of their high-end frames right here in BC
Quote:
something rarely found on bikes built overseas.
Are they built overseas or not???

Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahgurim View Post
I'm happy to get outside and enjoy nature while I can, but I fear for the future of humanity
SubPlop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 06:55 AM   #11
hard_core_biker
Captain Obvious

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubPlop
I noticed this contradiction in the article:

Austin
the bikes are built in bc. with quality not found in bike built overseas.
how bout that?
Quote:
Old 01-24-2006, 07:12 AM   #12
SysCo.

SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW. SysCo. has achieved FLOW.
Quote:

Austin
high end rockies are built in delta, BC low end are just cookie cutter frames(made in china).
In order to be able to activly compete they need cheaper frames, think in china there paid 25 a week, here 25 an hour. prices go up 125$or more per bike with handmade frames
Devinci does the same thing, basically unless you spend 800 dollars or more your frames made in some garage in hong kong.

http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct....ct=2717&cat=13
SysCo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:11 AM   #13
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SysCo.
high end rockies are built in delta, BC low end are just cookie cutter frames(made in china).
In order to be able to activly compete they need cheaper frames, think in china there paid 25 a week, here 25 an hour. prices go up 125$or more per bike with handmade frames
Devinci does the same thing, basically unless you spend 800 dollars or more your frames made in some garage in hong kong.
Overseas manufacturing uses some of the best technology available in the industry. There are many cases where the quality exceeds what can be done locally at a viable cost.

Low end frames are low end frames. But, the kind of bikes we ride and discuss on this website and with our riding buddies are a step above, and are a product of skilled labour, regardless of the geographical location of the facility.

It definately brings down the unit cost building overseas. But let's not lower ourselves to claim the fabrication as "some garage in Hong Kong", because I think everyone here knows better.
Old 01-24-2006, 08:18 AM   #14
XXX_er

XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW.
The quality of Tiawan built bikes compared to canadian built bikes is a non-issue,they been doing it there for 20 years...all the expertise is in tiawan.

It may in fact be very possible you would find higher quality in Tiawan
XXX_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 08:50 AM   #15
johnathan

johnathan is heading up Mountain Highway
i like rocky mountain bikes its just a bitch about the cost in the uk they are just to expensive compared to other manufacturers. I like the switch all the same ,but want it in cutom glow in the dark green.
johnathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: