Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 06-13-2005, 07:31 AM   #1
Dalifted1
non registered user

Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW.
another guy gettin his cash on

another guy in a lawsuit in our small town in ontario. first james leone and now this things look grim out in trails of the collingwood area
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...TPSports/Other
Dalifted1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-13-2005, 07:48 AM   #2
switch
two foot hucker

switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW.
It's an Intrawest locale. That should prove most interesting.

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:41 AM   #3
Dalifted1
non registered user

Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW. Dalifted1 has achieved FLOW.
ya for sure now the hill is not operated by intrawest just the village. I hear he is sueing because he was moved after his fall. But could make things intresting everywhere
Old 06-13-2005, 02:12 PM   #4
Alexey
Gearwh0re's son

Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW. Alexey has achieved FLOW.
i hate people
Old 06-13-2005, 06:58 PM   #5
emeraldeyes_bc

emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW. emeraldeyes_bc has achieved FLOW.
I heard tha the parents of the boy here in nanaimo are going to be taking action against the owners. I can understand that they are hurt that they lost their son, but people need to understand that these kids are going to find somewhere to ride no matter what they do. I think that it would be a whole lot more progressive if all these people would put their efforts into having designated spots that are built properly and kept up. so that these kids wouldn't have to sneak around and/or go off trying to build without any idea what they are doing.
emeraldeyes_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #6
gooch
Team JRA

gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW. gooch has achieved FLOW.
I for one am glad that we don't have to be held responsible for our own actions.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:16 PM   #7
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW.
I have heard that his agrument is that they should have cancelled the race due to rain and that is why he got hurt, also that when he crashed the marshels and/or med staff moved him off the trail so the race could continue, fear of getting run over or what not. But I think that his insurnace company is telling himhe won't get his claim unless he sues everyone in site, makes me sick and every DH racer in ON is up in arms over this dude, but I can see his point if medical staff moved him without proper procedure.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:51 PM   #8
patrolskid

patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW.
hey budbc , i hear what you are saying there .

no one forced the guy to race , if he didn't think the conditions were safe , he shouldn't have left the start gate , and forfeited his entry fee .
strange how people always seem to find someone to blame AFTER the fact .

with respect to his condition , i make it a habit to not comment on things i don't know about , but i will offer this general information for any of you who ( god forbid ) encounter this kind of thing .
to exacerbate an already existing spinal injury , you have to EQUAL or EXCEED the force that caused the injury in the first place . that would amount to some pretty rough handling on the part of anyone trying to help , which seems pretty unlikely . if there was damage done during the initial crash , it was DONE . if you are faced with a choice between saving life or limb , you take life . that advice comes from a well respected neuro surgeon .
furthermore , given a situation whereby further serious injury may occur by leaving the injured party in place , the good samaritan act would / should protect anyone acting on behalf of the injured by removing them from danger .
patrolskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 11:01 PM   #9
ES-OH-ES

ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club
If you cannot take responsibility for your own actions, you should not partake in any sport where risk is a factor,which pretty much eliminates sports all together. I sucks to be injured, sucks even more to have life long damage. These people should be frowned upon by all members of society.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #10
bunny
wooptydoo

bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW. bunny has achieved FLOW.
i'm not sure about the equal force to exacerbate an existing spinal cord injury. i know someone who was regaining feeling/movement of their legs hours after a horrible crash and was moved while IN the hospital and paralized and has been in a wheelchair since. in cases like that where there may have been negligence on the part of medical staff i can see suing. accidents are one thing and accepting responsibility is great. trusting that you will get proper care once injured is another. and no offense at all to the patrol crews but the quality of training/certification is pathetic from what i've seen.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:47 PM   #11
cadence220
hILLyBiLLy

cadence220 is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via Yahoo to cadence220
Sorry for the export all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLau
Come out and get spanked by guys on 35lb hecklers racing in spandex.
cadence220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:23 AM   #12
Incorrigible

Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW. Incorrigible has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to Incorrigible
Let's just give out free heroin to all the kids in elementary school instead of giving them bikes to ride. Oh wait, that's pretty much already on the table. The world has gone mad.
Incorrigible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:41 AM   #13
Mike_JRA

Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW. Mike_JRA has achieved FLOW.
What needs to happen now is that the politicians need to change the liability laws. If they don't get changed we can say good bye to most of the sports that have a chance for injury.

I agree that as a society we need laws to keep things from becoming dangerous but right now lawyers are deciding what we can and can't do on our own time. Things are getting out of control when liability waivers won't hold up in court anymore. If someone signs away their rights to sue because they know the sport has inherit risks then that should be it, no oh I want to sue now because I didn't expect "this" to happen.

I hate the way society has decided that it is always someone elses fault. GROW UP and take responsibility for your own actions, or do you need someone to dress you in the morning as well.
Mike_JRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 05:12 AM   #14
ES-OH-ES

ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club ES-OH-ES deserves a tour of the VanTan Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cadence220
Sorry for the export all.
That is pretty much it. Suing for your own poor actions is so american. I agree, liability waivers don't hold up in court, which is ridiculous. There are times when law suites a more than appropriate, but getting hurt while taking part in a sport that you love is your own fault and only the riders can make tha call. Sometimes people sue because of the change of lifestyle (eg having to be in a wheelchair therefore you need wheel chair ramps/lifts in your home and vehicle) can be extremely expensive, not including medical bills for the time spent recovoring and not being able to be a part of the work force. I for one do not feel that suing is appropriate when ones self is at fault, but sometimes it is the only way people can get by. On that note, no one needs millions of dollars because they are hurt. At the most lawsuits should cover medical bills and lost income for a period of time. After that you should be on your own.
Old 06-14-2005, 07:25 AM   #15
Dalifted1
non registered user

i have heard that he thought they should have cancelled the race due to rain but on the other hand i have a first hand witness who says he crashed before the rain even started
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: