Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 10-21-2004, 06:48 AM   #1
David Parenteau

David Parenteau is a n00b; standing by
Hayes Brake Question

Can anyone tell me if the Hayes HFX-9 and the Hayes Comp brakes use the same hydraulic hoses with the same fittings?
Dave
David Parenteau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2004, 07:01 AM   #2
switch
two foot hucker

switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW.
Re: Hayes Brake Question

Quote:
Originally posted by David Parenteau
Can anyone tell me if the Hayes HFX-9 and the Hayes Comp brakes use the same hydraulic hoses with the same fittings?
Dave
They don't.

You can get more info (accurate info) on the difference here. Skip the intro, and go to Technical Information.

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 07:29 AM   #3
David Parenteau

Thanks for the quick reply!It's not what I wanted to hear but now I know.
Dave
Old 10-21-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
east coast

east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW. east coast has achieved FLOW.
Re: Re: Hayes Brake Question

Quote:
Originally posted by switch
They don't.

You can get more info (accurate info) on the difference here. Skip the intro, and go to Technical Information.
Where does it say anything about the comp in the tech info?
east coast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:28 PM   #5
urbanlegend
I ride bikes

urbanlegend is a n00b; standing by
ya
urbanlegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:04 AM   #6
switch
two foot hucker

switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW. switch has achieved FLOW.
The Comp and the Mag are identical, except for the material used in the lever body. So you can translate "Comp" into "Mag" and get the results you're looking for.

The hose has two ends. The lever body connection of the hose comes in two styles; one for the HFX series, and one for everything else.

The other end of the host connects to the caliper. The caliper mounting comes in two styles; G1 calipers and G2 calipers.

You have to know which lever body and caliper you have to know what is required to connect the hose.

If you read the specs, it should be pretty clear. Hose replacement and full installation manuals. Pretty straight forward. Only thing to remember is to be REALLY careful when sliding the hose onto the master cylinder barb as the barb can bend/break easy.

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:58 AM   #7
David Parenteau

So what you're saying is that I CAN use a HFX lever body to replace my broken Comp lever body as long as I use the right hose!No other compatability problems or anything to worry about?
Dave
Old 10-22-2004, 01:24 AM   #8
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by David Parenteau
So what you're saying is that I CAN use a HFX lever body to replace my broken Comp lever body as long as I use the right hose!No other compatability problems or anything to worry about?
Dave
yes....
IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: