Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 07-28-2004, 05:47 AM   #61
aman
Recreational User

aman is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via AIM to aman
Ive never ridden to music while riding but i think i am gonna try it on my next urban ride.. While reading this thread i remembered seeing a helmet somewhere with headphones built into it.. you just plug a cord from mp3 player into the into it and there are speakers in it somewhere..probably sounds like ass but its worth a shot.. i also remember seeing a burton beenie with headphones built in..that would be pretty sweet for crusing around town

Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM   #62
Nelson
Unregistered User

Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by tinee2001
i also remember seeing a burton beenie with headphones built in..that would be pretty sweet for crusing around town
Skissors and you got yourself a headband!
Old 07-28-2004, 08:04 AM   #63
AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI
Anti-Ernbag

AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW. AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI
i dont kno if this has been mentioned yett cause i dont ahve the time to read the hole thread but in a sport like mountain biking. you need some state of concintration i mean its not guna e good when your hitting a steep techy line and your distracted by music. cause your reaction wont be as fast.... for park and urban i find it helps me flow more cause i jsut get pumped and i ride to the flow of the music... but ide say no to music when on a techy trail... or any thing that involves relly relly fast reaction times.
Good prices, amazing hosting
www.evhost.ca/cms
Say Ryan sent you.
AnTi-TrAiL_nAzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2004, 08:31 PM   #64
Jigsaw
Shed Head

Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline! Jigsaw has reached the snowline!
If I had a better set of headphones I probably would. I was listen to music driving to the trails though
Jigsaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2004, 06:20 AM   #65
Zu
+++

Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW. Zu has achieved FLOW.
i used to... i think ima do it again.. i have my helmet rigged up so earbuds fit right into it. it rocks
Zu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2005, 05:24 AM   #66
M_Dub
i ride therefore i am

M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW. M_Dub has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the flying moose
bmxing = yes.

mtbing = no.

mtbing is my escape from the outside world and i like hearing the sounds of the forest and all the animals and stuff. im not gonna pollute my alone time with music.

WORD!!!!!!!!
Old 08-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #67
kadmille

kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW. kadmille has achieved FLOW.
long post wow.

but i should say the ipod shuffle is the bomb for riding with. super light, small, hard to break. holds lots of songs and it's not to pricey. comes with a string to hang around your neck or wherever.

i only listen to music when i'm riding a long uphill and i'm by myself. take it off when i start the dh.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:04 PM   #68
biggles604

biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW.
One thing that I know, is that if I can't hear all the klunks and clatters of chain slap and hard impacts, it feels like my bike is running smoother, and then I feel more confident. I feel the same way in the car. If I have the music up and the engine is drowned out, it feels more powerful.
The power of Psychology I guess.
biggles604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #69
FreaK
Goldmember

FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline! FreaK has reached the snowline!
I hum or sing those tunes that get stuck in my head sometimes, or just like the melody from "whole lotta love" . I would expect whatever player i had to not last too long either. Plus i need to listen to traffic.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:47 PM   #70
tuck3r

tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback tuck3r is at the 6th switchback
Send a message via MSN to tuck3r
when i listen to my mp3 player while riding it's mainly just to make the climb up to the trailhead a little less painful. but i also find that a good past paced song will want to make me ride faster and lay off the brakes where i would otherwise use them.

best way to do it i find is to put the player in your pack in the top pouch and have the wires behind your neck with only as much exposed as need be. if i don't have my pack i just put it in my pocket and run the wires underneath my shirt. i've never caught the wires on anything and i've also never fallen on my player either.
tuck3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #71
AirborneRider
Soul Cycles

AirborneRider is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via MSN to AirborneRider
Ive tried riding with my tunes going, but it just doesnt feel right, so i usually end up taking them off and throwing them in my bag or watever i have.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:15 AM   #72
killthebunny
Eeeeeeeeeee

killthebunny will soon be dispensing towels in a mens washroom.
Hmmm this is an interesting old thread.

Has anyone ever seen Noise Canceling ear buds?
I know you can get Bose head phones that do it, but there too big for riding http://www.bose.co.uk/noise_reductio...hones/more.asp

Normal ear buds dont do it for me because I need to crank the volume too high to hear over the traffic (and they already gave me nasty permanent tinnitus ).
Old 11-07-2005, 04:25 AM   #73
Danny K
yay area

Danny K is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via AIM to Danny K
A lot of trails around here you gotta hike up, so if I'm alone I'm def gonna be listening to music... depends on how I feel if I wanna leave it on to ride down. If im jumping or riding street alone I'll listen to music, but never with other people or on a trail where you are gonna hafta deal with any sort of traffic.
Danny K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:13 AM   #74
Jeff M
User

Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW. Jeff M has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killthebunny
Has anyone ever seen Noise Canceling ear buds?
I know you can get Bose head phones that do it, but there too big for riding http://www.bose.co.uk/noise_reductio...hones/more.asp

Normal ear buds dont do it for me because I need to crank the volume too high to hear over the traffic (and they already gave me nasty permanent tinnitus ).
Do you have a death wish?
Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:22 AM   #75
killthebunny
Eeeeeeeeeee

killthebunny will soon be dispensing towels in a mens washroom.
Death wish?

Well I see where your coming from but I ideally would be to keep the overall noise lower and not just cancel out the traffic. That would be ... yeah bad.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: