Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 01-02-2004, 12:50 AM   #1
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
GRC Moto Levers

STOKED.

Just got of the horn with Sulley, and placed an order for a set of the GRC Moto-X DHF levers. Should be a nice upgrade for my Hayes!

What a stellar guy. He took time to explain all the different lever models to me, and went into detail about angles and the input that drives the construction of each model. Then he told me all about the Rotec line-up for 2004.

He is obviously a guy doing this out of some serious passion for bikes and gear. Awesome service!!

I'll report back and try to get some pics up when I install them.
corey@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-02-2004, 01:37 AM   #2
Nelson
Unregistered User

Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW. Nelson has achieved FLOW.
My buddy just got the Shortys...they feel dope! I like the fact that the new hayes mags use an allen bolt intead of a pin, so installing new levers is easy.
Old 01-02-2004, 02:00 AM   #3
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW.
told you...

Sulley is the man...

ur gunna really like the GRC stuff its well made....

IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 03:24 AM   #4
otbscm #13

otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline! otbscm #13 has reached the snowline!
I've been thinking about getting some of those. Since I only brake with my index finger, should I get the shorties or the motos?
otbscm #13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 04:04 AM   #5
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. corey@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
You should get shorty's.

I want the longer ones....The little bit extra length translates into a little more leverage for a little more braking power.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:11 AM   #6
Loopie
In the Woods

Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW. Loopie has achieved FLOW.
Leverage is where it's at kiddies.
I'd be gettin' the Moto's too if I was buyin'
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 08:46 AM   #7
C.C.

C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW. C.C. has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulletron
You should get shorty's.

I want the longer ones....The little bit extra length translates into a little more leverage for a little more braking power.
Almost got a set of those for myself too. I can't quite bring myself to buying them yet. Waiting for a lever brake first.
C.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:41 PM   #8
Zaskar
back in the ussr

Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW. Zaskar has achieved FLOW.
man i envy you corey. they are damn sexy levers.

if i was to get a set i would go with the two fingered. i find shorty levers feel kinda stupid when i get on a bike. it's like having a gun with half a trigger. what the fucks the point hahaha
Zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:39 AM   #9
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

Well, I just mounted up my new GRC Moto-X levers...

What can I say besides.."DAMN"!! They feel like they came out of the womb with me. Very ergonomic feel to them and solid as hell. I can't wait to go for a ride and grab my first handful of brake!

Definately a worthy purchase for any serious gear whore.

Thanks to Sulley for the Shirt and decals, and thanks to Felix for being the middle man and mailing them to me.
Old 01-12-2004, 01:44 AM   #10
scott@nsmb.com
NSMB Admin

scott@nsmb.com is a n00b; standing by
Corey, post up up pic and lets see those babies. Also would like to hear some feedback from you ride.
scott@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 01:47 AM   #11
corey@nsmb.com
I want to ride.

Will do...Pics will be a while, I don't have a digi-cam...But I will post feedback after ride number 1, next Saturday.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:09 AM   #12
sulley
captain gravity

sulley is at the 3rd switchback sulley is at the 3rd switchback
what up corey! thanks for the props, glad you like.
Let me know more after you get a good hard ride in.
Old 01-12-2004, 03:10 AM   #13
tomatoz
FeLiX ThE kItTy CaT

tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via ICQ to tomatoz
Quote:
Originally posted by Mulletron

Well, I just mounted up my new GRC Moto-X levers...

What can I say besides.."DAMN"!! They feel like they came out of the womb with me. Very ergonomic feel to them and solid as hell. I can't wait to go for a ride and grab my first handful of brake!

Definately a worthy purchase for any serious gear whore.

Thanks to Sulley for the Shirt and decals, and thanks to Felix for being the middle man and mailing them to me.

weren't u suprised when u open the package...u see it so nicely packaged up!....my mom did it!.....ya...glad u like them
tomatoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 03:24 AM   #14
tomatoz
FeLiX ThE kItTy CaT

tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW. tomatoz has achieved FLOW.
[IMG]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\GRC lever 3.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-12-2004, 03:25 AM   #15
tomatoz
FeLiX ThE kItTy CaT

grc2
can any one teach me how to post pics? no files?...i can never get the pic to show up in the post
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: