Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 10-31-2003, 08:23 AM   #1
Marsenault
nobody can eat 50 eggs

Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW. Marsenault has achieved FLOW.
Tough bikes

what are some of the toughest bikes out there? i know the RM7's are suppost to be a big freeride bike but i always hear about them breaking. I dont know what it is that makes a bike weak but what are some bikes that you have found to be tough as nails? my norco atomik hasnt given me 1 problem except bushings and shock(both not a frame problem). and I am very rough on it considering its suppsoed to be a light freeride bike. why is it that you hear more of the RM7's brekaing than teh lower end north shore norco's? I have seen 2 broken rm7's in person and a couple other big bikes but not any smaller bikes. they seem to take a lot of abuse and handle it well.....i dont know what this thread is trying to say but I guess im just suprised with teh strength of some bikes that you wouldnt think could handle that much.

Old 10-31-2003, 08:28 AM   #2
Leifless
cl_maxpackets=38

Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW. Leifless has achieved FLOW.
the 9-ball, super 8 and big hit are definetly up there. maybe screams too. the reason why rm7's break so much is because they ARE awesome bikes, but you cant be a hack on them. a while ago i posted that my buddy destryoed his, yeah well, hes the biggest hack i've seen. zero skill, all balls...no wonder the bike gave up.
Leifless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 06:45 PM   #3
EaTDuRRRT

EaTDuRRRT is a n00b; standing by
yeah, big hits are tough mofos... the banshee scream is pretty much bomb proof too. Those are my picks... RM bikes need skillz or they will break
Old 10-31-2003, 07:20 PM   #4
Taylor_P
Relaxed

Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW. Taylor_P has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Taylor_P
big hits are strong for sure. my bro has a friend who rides one. the kid is all balls and no skill. he'll huck tons of stuff without even thinking about landing. his bikes been through so many rough landings and brutal wipeouts, and so far its still intact. and then of course theres the countless number of other people who ride em and swear by them.
Old 10-31-2003, 07:29 PM   #5
lutz

lutz is a n00b; standing by
clifcat i would have to say i got a clifcat Turmoil
10 and it thick, got to pink bike and look for clifcat. you'll see the turmoil but that one is the 8 inch frame and the 10 is way different

http://www.clifcat.com

handmade and Bills a good guy
lutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2003, 11:37 PM   #6
freerider4ever

freerider4ever is a n00b; standing by
The big hit is incredibly strong for its weight, when was the last time you saw a cracked big hit frame? NEVER. People have ovalized the headtubes on them, but you get a really good warranty with specialized any way.
freerider4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:35 AM   #7
BAC5.2
DCLXVI

BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2 BAC5.2
Send a message via AIM to BAC5.2
yea, that is the only big hit issue I have ever heard. Ovalized headtubes.

They are super burly.

I like my Scream though
Old 11-01-2003, 07:41 AM   #8
crazyguy
I'll ShaNk YA!!!

crazyguy is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via AIM to crazyguy
i thought wbc's ovalized head tube turned out to be a ovalized king cup
Old 11-01-2003, 08:19 AM   #9
white ri0t
POPPED COLLA GROWLA

white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW. white ri0t has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to white ri0t
www.243racing.com OK
.|!|
.| |

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Buy My Banshee Scirocco Frame!Price Drop!! $200!!!!
white ri0t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:58 PM   #10
freerider4ever

freerider4ever is a n00b; standing by
No, WBCs headset some how messed up his headtube, but specialized warrantied it. Its not like the big hit has a weak headtube, you have only heard of a few cases of it ovalizeing, and usually its the riders fault.
freerider4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 01:41 AM   #11
LOBOTIDULATOR
lets fight

LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW. LOBOTIDULATOR has achieved FLOW.
huck bikes, bombproof?
LOBOTIDULATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 08:41 AM   #12
Spaz

Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW.
I ride a bighit, it is indestructable...well so far at least.

My Blog
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 09:58 AM   #13
hampstead bandit

hampstead bandit is a n00b; standing by
well i beat the sh*t out of my 02 Big Hit, the only problem i had was the rear dropout tip snapping off after bending the mech hanger and when putting the new one on, it didn't like up too good and when I pedalled it snapped clean off taking the dropout with it!

but apart from that (and Spec charging me top $$$ for a new seatstays/dropouts ) it never let me down

got a scream now though...
hampstead bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2003, 10:58 AM   #14
Jaysin

Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW. Jaysin has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Jaysin
my l;etoy was bombprolllf!
Jaysin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2003, 07:16 AM   #15
Spaz

Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW. Spaz has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by Spaz
I ride a bighit, it is indestructable...well so far at least.
The day after posting this I rode on Fromme, slipped off a log and hit my derailleur and bent my drive side drop out

My Blog
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: