Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 09-14-2003, 02:06 AM   #1
illomatic
Non-Member

illomatic is a n00b; standing by
A little more info for my dumb ass

I have play every which way on the rear end of my RM7 right now, so I'm thinkin' it's time for new bearings. I've posted on this before so I apologize in advance for posting old news, but I need some info. I unscrewed the pivot bolts and there are needle type bearings inside. What part of this unit do I need to replace? Is it the part that holds the bolts and pivots in the needle portion or what? Also, there seems to be lateral (side to side) play coming from the lowest large swingarm pivot. What can I do about this? I haven't taken that pivot out to look at it yet, is it needle bearing as well? For God sake HELP ME!! I am READY TO KILLLLLLL!!! My local dealer is retarded...they say all of this is normal

~Epictetus
illomatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2003, 02:20 AM   #2
TokSik
Exclusive Guest

TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.TokSik has achieved FLOW.
Re: A little more info for my dumb ass

Quote:
Originally posted by illomatic
My local dealer is retarded...they say all of this is normal
They're right, it's a Rocky isn't it?

I kid. I'm not much help but side-to-side play isn't a good thing.
TokSik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 02:39 AM   #3
illomatic
Non-Member

I like Rocky's, I'm just frustrated right now. I do NOT have the money for this sort of crap. They need to make a bike with no maintenance required!

~Epictetus
Old 09-14-2003, 03:57 AM   #4
barry
bikes

barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.barry has achieved FLOW.
Side to side play? That doesnt sound like a bearing issue to me...
Old 09-14-2003, 04:17 AM   #5
switch
two foot hucker

switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.switch has achieved FLOW.
Are you in the Lower Mainland? If so, take you bike to Cove Bikes - they have a lot of experience with RM7s.

Every time I see an adult on a bicycle, I no longer despair for the future of the human race.
- H.G. Wells
switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:31 AM   #6
illomatic
Non-Member

Ya, I'm from Vicoria, and due to school and money issues I'm kinda stuck here for the next little while - at least til reading break!

~Epictetus
Old 09-14-2003, 04:40 AM   #7
Loopie
In the Woods

Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by illomatic
I do NOT have the money for this sort of crap. They need to make a bike with no maintenance required!
To keep putting miles on a FS bike without giving it some love in return just isn't going to happen....with ANY make.

I never had mine long enough to develop any issues in the MAIN pivot...but the dogbone link bearings are roller bearings('02/'03).
Take them out....go to a skate board shop...buy the $1ea bearings that they have...total bling? $6.
As for the main....I did see a warranty package one time for this, and it had a large sleeve and some bearings to make a total "kit". But I don't know...you might not need the sleeve???
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 04:46 AM   #8
Loopie
In the Woods

Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.Loopie has achieved FLOW.
BTW.....if this shop that keeps telling you the play is normal is a Rocky dealer....I'd complain to Rocky headquarters about them. Cuz that's just lame.
Loopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: