Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 07-31-2003, 05:52 AM   #1
Zaskar
back in the ussr

Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.
ahhh can't take it. when is the 7" slider comin?

when is the 7" slider coming out?

im dieing to get one. i'd get the 6" but i dont think it would amtch my 8" rear very well. i like my xvert carbon dh but i want the same travel same internals just stronger and newer w/ warranty.

just wondering if anyone has some info on release date/price.

and yes i bet this is like the millionth post.
Zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-31-2003, 05:55 AM   #2
Midas
Logo in a circle.

Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.Midas has achieved FLOW.
I ronde one it was not that nice, then again it was a prototype. Stuck and felt horrible.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:00 AM   #3
Jeff M
User

Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.
No info, but I want one too. I'm not too crazy about the SPV technology they're planning to put in them, I want my fork to be responsive, not glued to the ground. I really like the way the 5th on my bullit works to keep the rear wheel stuck to the ground, but I like the way I can still pop my front wheel off jumps and drops.
Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:02 AM   #4
Zaskar
back in the ussr

Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.Zaskar has achieved FLOW.
the 2004 wont be TPC for the sliders?
damn...

i like the feel of the TPC (in fact i love it). but if it feels all dead and not poppy i dont think id like it too much. i've always pictured manitou as a race driven company though. so i mean a fork that stays stuck to the ground has its advantages on some courses.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:12 AM   #5
buddylee

buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.
we should see the slider in about another month or two.......the spv technology they are putting in the o4 forks in incredible i have ridden the 04 minute, slider and 04 dorado and there is nothing like them....
Old 07-31-2003, 06:16 AM   #6
Zaskar
back in the ussr

yea? how does the feel compare between the TPC and the SPV?

i know its a stupid question since its all a matter of tuning basically but roughly, is it a big difference in feel?
Old 07-31-2003, 06:18 AM   #7
Zaskar
back in the ussr

i guess regardless of feel i should ask if Manitou has released a pricing list. they must have tocuhed on it at InterBike or something.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:22 AM   #8
bullit_kid

bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.bullit_kid has achieved FLOW.
why are you ppl so pushy

its bloody juy 03 and you want to know when the 04 version of a fork is voming out

prolly released at interbike and out in january or december
bullit_kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:23 AM   #9
buddylee

buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.buddylee has achieved FLOW.
can pricing will be released in about a 2 weeks....it reacts alot like tpc+ but there is no bounce in the front end
Old 07-31-2003, 06:24 AM   #10
Zaskar
back in the ussr

Quote:
Originally posted by bullit_kid
why are you ppl so pushy

its bloody juy 03 and you want to know when the 04 version of a fork is voming out

prolly released at interbike and out in january or december
hahaha dude, im just askin about it. i dont know how you can reallyt be pushy. i can obviously wait it out. its not the end of the world. just i mean its comin to that time where that sorta stuff may come out.

thanks man, think you could make a post when you see it? thatd be helpful to alot of people.
Old 07-31-2003, 06:26 AM   #11
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.
ummm Zaskar TPC+ is gunna remain in the forks aswell as the SPV tech being added aswell....

they are 2 seperate things going on insde the fork...SPV wont replace TPC+ it will compliment it...

but i agree that i dotn want the SPV in my 04 7" slider DC...

for 2 reasons...

first off it will make the fork cost more money...

secondly, i know for a fact i dont need SPV for the way i ride my bike...a SPV fork will not change my ride style...nor allow me to do anything im not curently doing....

having the SPV be a option in the fork would be a better plan...that way people who want it can have it... but those who dont, wont have to pay for tech. they dont want/use....

p.s. dont expect the fork to show for a few months yet... and when it first ships it'll be expensive....

i just got a 6" SliderDC to replace my Xvert, so i can now sit back adn wait it out till the 04 7" Slider comes out...

IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 AM   #12
Jeff M
User

Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.Jeff M has achieved FLOW.
That'd be cool if the SPV was an option, I really don't think I'd want it. A 7" TPC+ slider is something I'd save my pennies for. Anyone know if Manitou will redesign the travel adjustment system for next year on the Sherman single crowns, so that the fork can be ridden (not just climbed) in 4" mode?
Jeff M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:35 AM   #13
Burnwood

Burnwood is a n00b; standing by
For some reason, I seem to think that the SPV is adjustable. This would enable riders like IFO to basically turn it off, or make it less noticeable...I may be wrong though

...One of the employees of Cortina Cycles was saying that with a slight piston adjustment, TPC+ forks can be made to work like SPV forks...This leads me to think that maybe the SPV could be turned off internally via modifications...Of course, this is only hopeful speculation, so...
Burnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:37 AM   #14
Burnwood

Burnwood is a n00b; standing by
Quote:
Originally posted by Jeff M
That'd be cool if the SPV was an option, I really don't think I'd want it. A 7" TPC+ slider is something I'd save my pennies for. Anyone know if Manitou will redesign the travel adjustment system for next year on the Sherman single crowns, so that the fork can be ridden (not just climbed) in 4" mode?
The word on the street is yes...Manitou redesigned their travel adjust for 2003...
Burnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:39 AM   #15
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.IFO has achieved FLOW.
jeff yes i beleive the 04 Sherman's travel adjustment is for general riding now....

its not for climbing only...

best to contact Manitou direct for positive inof but im pretty certain on my info...
IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: