Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 09-20-2011, 06:19 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Vid - Sam Hill and the Claw ride Zermatt with Lycra boys

Four riders - all on Stumpjumpers. Each one says this would be their one bike if they had to choose.

What would be your one bike?

Watch here...
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2011, 06:12 PM   #2
dkl

dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.
So far I've been really impressed with my 2011 Rocky Slayer 70 with a couple mods and spec changes. But as a frame and suspension design, superb.
dkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 09:59 PM   #3
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Are you saying the Slayer and Stumpy are similar bikes? The Altitude would be more like the Stumpy no?
Old 09-21-2011, 05:06 AM   #4
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.
That was such a horribly staged video. Specialized needs a new marketing department.

- Morgman
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #5
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

How about the skidding though?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #6
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.
Oh just marvellous skidding.

What I would have done if I had the chance to make one of these epic productions is to turn the thing into a Swiss alpine love story. Imagine it ending with those guys walking hand in hand, naked apart from hiking boots and knee length socks and saying "the Stumpjumper brings different riders together but it's our love that will last forever".

It'd just be lovely.

- Morgman
Old 09-21-2011, 05:31 PM   #7
dkl

dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.dkl has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam@nsmb.com View Post
Are you saying the Slayer and Stumpy are similar bikes? The Altitude would be more like the Stumpy no?
Oh no, I'm not saying the Stumpy is like the Slayer, I'm just saying if I had my "one bike" choice it would be the Slayer at the moment.
Old 09-21-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

Got you. That makes sense.

I'm trying to decide between the Specialized Enduro and the Santa Cruz Blur TRc. I think the North Shore makes the Enduro the bike but most other places in the world I'd choose the TRc or similar (Stumpy Evo etc.)
Old 09-21-2011, 06:11 PM   #9
dkl

Quote:
Got you. That makes sense.

I'm trying to decide between the Specialized Enduro and the Santa Cruz Blur TRc. I think the North Shore makes the Enduro the bike but most other places in the world I'd choose the TRc or similar (Stumpy Evo etc.)
It was a tough call for me between the Enduro and the Slayer when buying a new bike this year. I think the Slayer simply "fit" my body best in terms of geometry and balance. It just fit the way I ride. I think for the shore I like the Enduro's setup over the SC Blur. It's nice having these kinds of problems time to time
Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM   #10
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkl View Post
It was a tough call for me between the Enduro and the Slayer when buying a new bike this year. I think the Slayer simply "fit" my body best in terms of geometry and balance. It just fit the way I ride. I think for the shore I like the Enduro's setup over the SC Blur. It's nice having these kinds of problems time to time
I haven't yet spent time on a Slayer but when I say Enduro I'm talking about that sort of bike; 150-160mm rear travel, close to 30lbs, low and nimble but still able to handle some gnarl.

Also - the Blur TRc (my impressions are on the way) is quite different from the other Blur models.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:06 PM   #11
shirk

shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.shirk has achieved FLOW.
Also a huge continuity error with the Claw starting out in clipless shoes then in 5.10's in the 2nd half.

Specialized got it right with Hunter doing his overnighter shoot, kinda failed on this one.
shirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #12
Jerry-Rig

Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.
I liked this one on the Stumpy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl-fK...layer_embedded
Old 09-21-2011, 10:20 PM   #13
dkl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry-Rig View Post
yeeeahhhh ... now that makes you want to own and ride that bike!
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
JCL

Quote:
I haven't yet spent time on a Slayer but when I say Enduro I'm talking about that sort of bike; 150-160mm rear travel, close to 30lbs, low and nimble but still able to handle some gnarl.

Also - the Blur TRc (my impressions are on the way) is quite different from the other Blur models.
Get a Slash.

Specialized chain stays are too short for tall riders.

- Morgman
Old 09-21-2011, 11:29 PM   #15
menehune
gatekeeper.

menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.menehune has achieved FLOW.
this vid made me want an enduro...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
menehune is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: