Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales > Race Forum

Race Forum Everything and anything about the race scene.

Old 08-22-2011, 12:22 AM   #1
oldfartts

oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.oldfartts has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to oldfartts
This years World cup any thoughts

I think it is a great boost to the mountain bike race scene to have Aaron Gwin take the win like he did. The more exposure to world cup racing we have It helps with programs,Sponsers & media.I think the Americans will embrace & savor this amazing piece of sports history. Congratulations To Stevie Smith #5 over all.It sucked he could not race this last one. when he had the second fastest Qualy Oh well that's racing Now lets get out and support our Canadian Riders as they get ready for the worlds in a couple of weeks
oldfartts is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2011, 10:36 PM   #2
shore_flea

shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.shore_flea has achieved FLOW.
Great to see Aaron Gwin have such consistently good runs. And our Canadian riders. On a 2 degrees of separation note, Gwin's strength coach is James Wilson (bikejames.com) and i've been following Wilson's mountain bike strength training program. I'm having good results with it and clearly it's working Gwin too.
shore_flea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
big-ted
tape-cutter

big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.big-ted has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shore_flea View Post
On a 2 degrees of separation note, Gwin's strength coach is James Wilson (bikejames.com)
No longer true.

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/sho...&postcount=171
big-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 12:50 AM   #4
Wayne P
resident dirtbag

Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.
James Wilson has some really wacky ideas that make no sense (ie: you can make more power using flat pedals hahahaha), so I'm not surprised that Gwin's speed has greatly increased since separating from him.

Of course part of his speed I'm betting is that he A) is a moto racer, and B) is being training by two of the best moto trainers in the sport.
Wayne P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 AM   #5
Sparkplug

Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.
Yay for Steve Smith - 5th overall and had to miss the last race! That must be the best finish for a Canadian in some time!!
Sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 AM   #6
connor
Freetarded

connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkplug View Post
Yay for Steve Smith - 5th overall and had to miss the last race! That must be the best finish for a Canadian in some time!!
probably ever.. at least for the Men.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad
Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.
connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 AM   #7
FullMonty
I'm Surrey-ous.

FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne P View Post
James Wilson has some really wacky ideas that make no sense (ie: you can make more power using flat pedals hahahaha), so I'm not surprised that Gwin's speed has greatly increased since separating from him.

Of course part of his speed I'm betting is that he A) is a moto racer, and B) is being training by two of the best moto trainers in the sport.
where do all the bmxers and moto dudes that can't quite make it go? MTB of course!

as for the using flat pedals thing, bikejames probably drank a bit too much POSE kool-aid. good idea for running, retarded for cycling.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:21 PM   #8
Wayne P
resident dirtbag

Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.Wayne P has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMonty View Post
where do all the bmxers and moto dudes that can't quite make it go? MTB of course!

as for the using flat pedals thing, bikejames probably drank a bit too much POSE kool-aid. good idea for running, retarded for cycling.
I almost bought into his program, then I read his slant on the flat pedal thing, suggesting even road cyclists would be faster riding flats.
Wayne P is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: