Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales

Ride Planning and Tales Plan your rides and talk about them

Old 04-30-2011, 12:04 AM   #1
SixZeroSixOne

SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.SixZeroSixOne has achieved FLOW.
Christina Crest Trail

I'm putting together a list of must-do's for this summers vacation.

So far I've got 7 Summits, Keystone Standard Basin, The Wakefield trail and possibly Martha Creek. I've been able to find decent trail beta on these from Angry Lee's website and others but I've not been able to find much info on Christina Crest.

Anyone done it? Is it in the same caliber as the others one my list? I'm looking for views and epic-ness rather than outright gnnarrr as I'll potentially be riding by myself

Also, looking for something of a similar vein around the Fernie area if there is anything...
SixZeroSixOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2011, 05:49 AM   #2
butler

butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.butler has achieved FLOW.
http://bb.nsmb.com/album.php?albumid=269

i want to ride that aswell,i dont think i will take salmon with me though as i think it might be bear bate. i did the first 3 on your list and regret not doing martha creek last summer.
butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 08:15 PM   #3
duga
Mountaineer Biker

duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.duga has achieved FLOW.
It's easier than the Seven Summits, though much less developed. I've ridden it twice. The first time I exited via the Vertical Smile, which is just a quad track now. The second time (see link above), I exited along the Italy Creek basin. Some moto guys built a moto-track and it's fresh loam and a lot of fun. This latter option is much more worth it, IMO.

When you reach the summit with the rock cairn, stay to your left (ie. west) and look for the new route around the scree route. I never found this, but the guys at Wild Ways said it was there. I would check in with this bike shop prior to attempting this trail. They would have a good idea of when the snow is all melted as well. I've only ridden this trail in late summer.

Any other questions, just fire away. Cheers!

PS. That smoked salmon was worth bringing, not to mention the beer! I didn't see any bears, but with all of the ripe blueberries up there, I'm sure they weren't far.

www.fvmba.com
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: