Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Whistler Forum

Whistler Forum Bike Park and trails in Whistler

Old 12-29-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
aShogunNamedMarcus
swing sword like shogun

aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to aShogunNamedMarcus
2011 Whistler Wish List & Trail Naming?

As usual another season starts as another ends.

I figure this thread could be the voice of the people of what WBP needs and what the riders want. Also, if anyone remembers circa 2005 when WBP had a trail naming contesting, I think we should have something similar for shits n giggles.

One thing I'd like to see is some sort of speed trap. We see them everyday on the way up and the way home from Whistler, those little blinking radar "your speed is" signs. I think thats one photo radar picture we'd all love to have. Awesome idea? Damn rights. Do-able? Sure. Going to happen? Probably not.

Someone else can suggest trail names. I'd just shanghai a song title from a Clutch song.
aShogunNamedMarcus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2010, 02:22 PM   #2
tacklebox
red dragon

tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
10001110101 would be a pain in the ass for patrol to say over the radio.
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #3
aShogunNamedMarcus
swing sword like shogun

aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW. aShogunNamedMarcus has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
10001110101 would be a pain in the ass for patrol to say over the radio.
You could just say 1141...

But thats a totally different story.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
AmCan
Loving the ride

AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW. AmCan has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to AmCan
The speed trap is an awesome idea and I'd love to see it as well. However I'm doubtful that WBP would put it in as they'd probably see it as a gateway to big highspeed explosions as people try to pin it faster and faster.

That would be excellent if they put it somewhere near the bottom right after a fat high speed off camber turn so people at the bottom of the hill can see some bodies flying!

AmCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
walleater

walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW.
Put some grass seed down in the Bone Yard and maybe some Sun Flowers by the GLC Drops. The place looks like a deserted construction site.
walleater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #6
FlipFantasia
sure, whatever

FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleater View Post
Put some grass seed down in the Bone Yard and maybe some Sun Flowers by the GLC Drops. The place looks like a deserted construction site.
it was seeded and watered nearly every day this season, wolsky had that task, there's just very very little nutritional value in that soil and it's hard to get anything to grow....that and the birds really like the seed
FlipFantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #7
jefg

jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW. jefg has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
it was seeded and watered nearly every day this season, wolsky had that task, there's just very very little nutritional value in that soil and it's hard to get anything to grow....that and the birds really like the seed
Topsoil and hydroseeding? Expensive but it'd do the trick.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #8
walleater

walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW. walleater has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFantasia View Post
Ah, apologies if I'm discrediting anyone's work I've not been up for a couple of years.

Maybe just settle for some hanging vines on the last drop?
walleater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:59 AM   #9
aShogunNamedMarcus
swing sword like shogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo.at.sfu View Post
The speed trap is an awesome idea and I'd love to see it as well. However I'm doubtful that WBP would put it in as they'd probably see it as a gateway to big highspeed explosions as people try to pin it faster and faster.
Yes and no.

I initially had that speed trap idea after passing someone on the shale section of A-line. Sketchy and boneheaded place to pass but I was coooooking it and would've loved to have seen my speed.

Some might say we can get a cyclo-computer to check speeds but where's the fun in that?

Quote:
That would be excellent if they put it somewhere near the bottom right after a fat high speed off camber turn so people at the bottom of the hill can see some bodies flying!
They could have it in different positions throughout the season too. Under the lift where the rollers are just before CIU meets HOD wouldnt be too bad. Riders on the lift and rippers can check out the speed.

Another idea I had after seeing the Mega Train pix (havent seen the vids yet ) is on any given day, they can have a board at the lift line for when the next Mega Train is including time and which trail. Maybe even have a disclaimer about slower riders lining up at the back. Patrol could monitor the start, close off the train and then sweep after the caboose or even be the caboose so to speak. But I'm sure there's some added liability in that for the Park.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #10
King of Fasia
I'm Ron Burgundy?

King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aShogunNamedMarcus View Post
Yes and no.

I initially had that speed trap idea after passing someone on the shale section of A-line. Sketchy and boneheaded place to pass but I was coooooking it and would've loved to have seen my speed.
Were they fixing their bike on the side of the trail?

Shed head!

King of Fasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 05:06 AM   #11
Heavy Pedal
Moral Crusader.....

Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW. Heavy Pedal has achieved FLOW.
Speed trap on the downhill clearcut after the gondola offload. Headed to Blue Velvet and Freight Train.
Heavy Pedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 AM   #12
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW.
I'd be keen to see some sensors and loudspeakers on a few of the larger tables in the park. If you get both wheels on the DS a cheering applause sounds and if you case it it blasts FAIL! back to Crank it Up pussy.

- Morgman
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
semaj
I ONLY RIDE PARK

semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW. semaj has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
FAIL! back to Crank it Up pussy.
semaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 10:18 PM   #14
wheeldrop
Kreayshawn is the bomb

wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW. wheeldrop has achieved FLOW.
Hey you want to make CIU hard try it on a Kids Norco b line with a three inch fork and 24 inch wheels .It was hard and fun cause the rear brake pads were punched.
I like feeling under gunned.
We need prices to drop at Whis,perhaps a Daily shuttle to get riders to park there suv's. Pile into a School bus that i have just needs some brakes . I am going to get it road worthy or use it for a run in ramp for my proposed dirt compound.
wheeldrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:23 AM   #15
aShogunNamedMarcus
swing sword like shogun

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Fasia View Post
Were they fixing their bike on the side of the trail?
Negative Ghostrider. The pattern was full.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: