Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 04-26-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
2010 Transition Covert Review

It's fitting that our North West correspondent - Ed Snyder - would rock out on the new Covert. His take on the bike has me itching to try one out.

Peruse his impressions and some nice shots here...
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
Da Peach
tro lo lo lo

Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.Da Peach has achieved FLOW.
Want.
Da Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:09 PM   #3
dirtylittletour
kootenay dirt dealer

dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.dirtylittletour has achieved FLOW.
Getting a tr450 and a covert for the stable this year, stoked! Some good tips to consider in there especially the bar height/ brake lever clearance thing. did you ever notice your 2.4 tires hitting the back of your seat tube? an old gripe Ive heard about earlier versions of this bike, but sounds like you didnt have this problem.
One thing to pass along from this end, regarding the 36talas R fork, flipping your bike upside down after every ride is a tip I found buried in the fox owners manual. Keeps the fork's lower seal lubed for the next ride. Bit of a pain, well not really Im just forgetful when all Im thinking about post ride is a beer, but have been doing it with the talas since last year, and lots of friends with 40's who are doing it now. Keeps the fork smooth as egg shells, and way less seal replacements, since the lower foam ring seal wont dry out and crack.
Thx for the solid review
dirtylittletour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:28 PM   #4
JezzaE

JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.JezzaE has achieved FLOW.
Just bought an 08/09 Covert with the Pike 454 on the front. Not quite the 160mm I was hoping for, but they ride sweet. I quite like the industrial look of this model. But to be honest I do love the new look more, haha. Will thrash this for a year or two and then look into the new one. God I love Transition bikes. Totally doing a drive by the office and saying hey!
JezzaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 06:55 PM   #5
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to rewoga
Good article - great looking bike!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtylittletour View Post
One thing to pass along from this end, regarding the 36talas R fork, flipping your bike upside down after every ride is a tip I found buried in the fox owners manual. Keeps the fork's lower seal lubed for the next ride. Bit of a pain, well not really Im just forgetful when all Im thinking about post ride is a beer, but have been doing it with the talas since last year, and lots of friends with 40's who are doing it now. Keeps the fork smooth as egg shells, and way less seal replacements, since the lower foam ring seal wont dry out and crack.
Thx for the solid review
Thx for the solid tip!

I write interesting stories with mediocre quality photo's about things I do and crazy shit that happens!

http://www.citizenclass.ca
rewoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 10:08 PM   #6
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
I'm a big fan of Transition, but this is not my favourite looking bike that they offer - something about the reverse slope to the top tube reminds me of something you would find on a cruiser. Not my cup of tea... Having never ridden one I can't say how it would or could impact performance - but I would think that standover height is negatively impacted - and that thing you noticed about the brake levers hitting the frame is probably partly to blame on the inverted curve of the top tube...
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
rdeleon

rdeleon is a n00b; standing by
Talking Transition Covert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylMac View Post
I'm a big fan of Transition, but this is not my favourite looking bike that they offer - something about the reverse slope to the top tube reminds me of something you would find on a cruiser. Not my cup of tea... Having never ridden one I can't say how it would or could impact performance - but I would think that standover height is negatively impacted - and that thing you noticed about the brake levers hitting the frame is probably partly to blame on the inverted curve of the top tube...

I own 2010 Covert and I am proud to say it is a do it all bike, rigid frame yet plush..... best bike I've ridden.... not to mention by far best bang for the buck! If your in the market for a do it all AMERICAN MADE bike... it doesn't get better
rdeleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: