Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-25-2010, 10:05 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
The Yukon Article Begins...

We were in the Yukon in early summer and we've been working on the articles to go along with it ever since. The first installment is mine.

I hope you like it...
cam@nsmb.com is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Martn

Hey Cam,

nice write-up; I can't wait to read the other articles!

I discovered the Whitehorse trails and riding community three years ago, when I went working in the summer to pay for university. Since 2005, every summer brought me to a different place to work and ride, from Canmore AB to Whitehorse YT. I've been in Whitehorse for 2 summers and being from Quebec, the numerous days of driving and sleeping in the car are always rewarded when I unpack my bike and meet the Yukon friends.

I can't wait to go back in april, and hope that we'll have the weather that you had!

Martin
Old 02-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #3
V.I._WARRIOR

V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW. V.I._WARRIOR has achieved FLOW.
I've heard great things about the Yukon from some close friends. Can't wait for the next one!
V.I._WARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:31 PM   #4
connor
Freetarded

connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW.
yeah looks like a sweet place to ride, too bad it's sooo damn expensive to get up there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad
Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.
connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #5
DanB

DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW.
Man I loved this trip! I'd agree with Cam, definitely the best of 2009 and one of my favourites ever.

Last time I checked, flying with Air North isn't too pricey? I think Boreale have deals going with 'em too.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:30 PM   #6
connor
Freetarded

connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Man I loved this trip! I'd agree with Cam, definitely the best of 2009 and one of my favourites ever.

Last time I checked, flying with Air North isn't too pricey? I think Boreale have deals going with 'em too.
$500 each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad
Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.
connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #7
DanB

DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW. DanB has achieved FLOW.
it's worth it
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:35 PM   #8
redbeardrider

redbeardrider is a n00b; standing by
Talking I grew up in Whitehorse!

Whitehorse and all of the Yukon for that matter has some of the best, most picturesque riding I've ever had. I live more than 1400km away, and have for 12 years. But I still find my way up there pretty much every year.
If your up that way ask someone where the Grey Mountain trails are. Or driving an hour of so to Carcross and finding the Montana mountain trails, is a great option.
redbeardrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
apeshape
In the trees

apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW.
Great spot. Loved my trip up there last fall.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:39 PM   #10
dirty deeds
done dirt cheap

dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW. dirty deeds has achieved FLOW.
pictures of Cam's titties is no way to start any article.

I couldn't go on.
"Sad, but true. Oh, so true! (I couldn't have said it better myself). The newest craze in mountain biking (a sport that keeps reinventing itself --out of boredom?-- is called "Slopestyle" --doing flips on mountain bikes." -Monica Craver-
dirty deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 PM   #11
beer_girl

beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline! beer_girl has reached the snowline!
I can't wait to go back to the Yukon this summer. We're looking forward to the riding and staying at Boreale. Those guys are awesome!
beer_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:03 PM   #12
jpi
Growlergang

jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW.
Moar Growler!

Cool story, always wondered what the biking resembled up there
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #13
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
The closest I've come to the Yukon is through 6 bottles of the 'Yukon Red' - it's tastey and mosquito free.
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 11:41 PM   #14
apeshape
In the trees

apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW.
Yukon Ice Fog IPA FTW

And late summer/early fall = no bugs
Old 02-25-2010, 11:51 PM   #15
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty deeds View Post
pictures of Cam's titties is no way to start any article.

I couldn't go on.
It does look a little like I have man boobs in that photo. I swear it's something to do with northern light!
cam@nsmb.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: