Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 02-04-2010, 06:28 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Wade's Wisdom Winner - Selected

Wade chose three great stories as finalists. The winner gets the prize posted below and one of our long sleeve bamboo tees. Pretty sick prizing. Thanks to Wade, Oakley and Bell for stepping up.

Check Wade's three favourite stories (with photos) here...

cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2010, 03:22 PM   #2
jahosafats

jahosafats is a n00b; standing by
Good one Wade. Couple notes on Billy's story: great adventure on the 7 Summits buddy! It's more enjoyable to take the Adrenaline Adventures shuttle to the north trailhead as 20 k of highway is not good mountain biking in my opinion. Or, ride north and then south on the 7 Summits. And whatever you do, don't ride down the Old Glory trail (unless you have to) to the highway as it's an old horse pack trail and badly eroded. Take the recently buffed Plewman trail if you need to bail early or are looking for a shorter option. I’ll say hi to the bears for ya.
jahosafats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #3
treorwg

treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW. treorwg has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahosafats View Post
And whatever you do, don't ride down the Old Glory trail (unless you have to).
^ ^ This ^ ^

I had to bail out on the Old Glory trail this summer, and I haven't spent that much time walking my bike down a mountain in, well, ever. Most of the trail surface is 8 to 12 inch boulders.

If you have any jam left by that point, but don't want to ride the whole thing, then Keep going to the ski hill and ride out there.
treorwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:53 PM   #4
redrum

redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW.
All these stories bring different memories and experiences to mind. They're great! But if I had to pick one I'd definitely be all over Billy's 7 Summits story, totally epic! The fact he did it solo and STILL managed to capture some great shots and survive is hilarious.
redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 06:00 PM   #5
duga
Mountaineer Biker

duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW. duga has achieved FLOW.
Plewman Trail is wicked fun!

www.fvmba.com
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Bryce
Registered Abuser

Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW.
Billy is friend of mine and he rides a lot but I was pretty surprised to hear about the shuttle-less 7 summits ride in jeans. I'm glad he submitted the story
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 10:54 PM   #7
michie

michie is a n00b; standing by
I'm all over Scott's story... and not just because we're good friends and we ride together. Scott thinks about nothing but mountains, bikes, and mountain biking.

In addition to his "all mountains ride" last year, he rode every day in June for a (and I quote) "stupidly epic north shore 30 days back-to-back ride until your legs give out challenge"... which he succeeded - and most of these days were spent pedaling all the way to Seventh Secret on Fromme.

He also often talks about the ride-til-it's-too-dark-to-ride ride... but he's the only one with lights.

I really hope Scott wins... but I think his buddy Ian deserves a helmet, too.

~mich
michie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:19 AM   #8
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michie View Post
I'm all over Scott's story... and not just because we're good friends and we ride together. Scott thinks about nothing but mountains, bikes, and mountain biking.

In addition to his "all mountains ride" last year, he rode every day in June for a (and I quote) "stupidly epic north shore 30 days back-to-back ride until your legs give out challenge"... which he succeeded - and most of these days were spent pedaling all the way to Seventh Secret on Fromme.

He also often talks about the ride-til-it's-too-dark-to-ride ride... but he's the only one with lights.

I really hope Scott wins... but I think his buddy Ian deserves a helmet, too.

~mich
Does Scott ride an SX Trail? I rode with a guy on Fromme right around this past New Years with a guy that I swear fits the description you've provided - All bikes all the time, and seemed like a good guy too! This 'All mountains' day seems like something I've heard before and I'm stoked on the idea and hope to try something like that this summer!
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:38 AM   #9
scotter
PACS Detective

scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW. scotter has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarylMac View Post
Does Scott ride an SX Trail? I rode with a guy on Fromme right around this past New Years with a guy that I swear fits the description you've provided - All bikes all the time, and seemed like a good guy too! This 'All mountains' day seems like something I've heard before and I'm stoked on the idea and hope to try something like that this summer!
Yeah, that was me. We had a great rip down Crinkum Crankum and if I recall, you broke your derailleur hanger. I remember being stoked that I got to use my fancy new Alien tool.

That was a great rip, man. PM me if you're ever looking for someone to shred with. I usually hit both days of the weekend and whatever the daylight allows during the week.
Old 02-05-2010, 05:11 AM   #10
TylerDurden

TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW. TylerDurden has achieved FLOW.
Was thinking about the last thing Wade said bout catchin your own on a big ride. Made me think about bike trip in BC backcountry with a rod & reel. Anyone done a bike & fish trip before in BC?
Old 02-05-2010, 06:18 AM   #11
mattbc

mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW. mattbc has achieved FLOW.
Big up for Billy's ride! I've done Seven Summits. I grew up riding Rossland back in the early 90's. I know his bear fears. I have actually hit 2 bears, by accident, on separate occations. Coming across bears is not a good feeling out in the middle of no-where.
The no shuttle thing is not the impressive part, its doing the whole Seven Summits without a chamios. In the blazin sun! Dude, sweaty nutz soup. Give this man a prize.

Last edited by mattbc; 02-05-2010 at 08:43 AM.
mattbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:44 PM   #12
redrum

redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW. redrum has achieved FLOW.
Consmackulations Rooty! Will you guide us on that trail this season? (but we're NOT wearing denim)
redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:08 PM   #13
BillyFnJackson

BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW. BillyFnJackson has achieved FLOW.
Well, I figured that this was as good of a reason as any to finally sign up for an account.

I'd like to thank Cam, Wade, and the good people at Bell and Oakley for this awesome contest and rad prizes! I'm SO stoked about the helmet and goggles!

I'd also like to thank the usual suspects for teaching me how to raise my seat: Summers, Bryce, Vic, Larz and Woolly. And finally, I'd like to thank my Mom and Dad for all their support over the years *sniff*... lolz.

Summers, we're doing it in a Canadian Tuxedo this year ;D
BillyFnJackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 06:42 PM   #14
Woodro

Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW.
^good story! You got me inspired to hit 7 summits this year. I've tried to rally the troops the last cpl seasons but everyone backs out. I'll go it alone if I have to but I'm doing it this year!
Woodro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:29 PM   #15
LordEndo

LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW. LordEndo has achieved FLOW.
I enjoyed all the stories immensely. This is the way to spend a self employed friday morning!! From a purely entertaining standpoint, I gotta say Billy's story is the best. That dude has some excellent stoke, love the final pic of him at the subway.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: