Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 10-08-2009, 05:23 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Shrew's In Love

With his Specialized SX!

Check out his tweaks to make it fit like his favourite slippers.

Check it...
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2009, 05:59 AM   #2
partswhore

partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.partswhore has achieved FLOW.
31 lbs? Scale shot or its propaganda!
partswhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:48 AM   #3
connor
Freetarded

connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.connor has achieved FLOW.
Spawnzored rider loves everything about sponsored parts?

carry on..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad
Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.
connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.
is it just me, or is that bike really small?
heckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:22 AM   #5
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler View Post
Part of the redesign was that they bike had to be really versatile. They super low sloping top tube allows riders to do tricks like turn downs (at least I think that is the trick), something that most mountain bikes can't because of the location of the top tube. Think BMX frame.

This bike is built for biker cross and slopestyle... it is not an SX Trail.

Edit: You rule Shrew... once I get back to the Island... ride some bikes!
Dan

Last edited by the Master Plan Dan; 10-08-2009 at 07:24 AM. Reason: Forgot to tell Shrew he rules....
the Master Plan Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:22 AM   #6
Shrew
i love jarrett moore

Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler View Post
It's a shorter top tube but with the slacker head angle feels longer then it looks. With what feels to be a super low bb, and with the headangle this bike definitely likes to be ridden on the fast aggressive side of things.
Old 10-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #7
Shrew
i love jarrett moore

Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.Shrew has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by connor View Post
Spawnzored rider loves everything about sponsored parts?

carry on..
What's there to complain about when all there actually is are awesome parts?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #8
Ed von Schleck
the german dude

Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.Ed von Schleck has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via ICQ to Ed von Schleck Send a message via MSN to Ed von Schleck Send a message via Skype™ to Ed von Schleck
Interesting to read about your tire choice. I used to have a pair of Larsens but didn't quite like them due to the tall center knobs and, in comparison, small side knobs. The Crossmark sounds like what I'd be looking for, although I absolutely love my Continental tires.

By the way - awesome What's Next-segment, especially the Mt. Washington part. Absolutely mind-blowing!
Ed von Schleck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #10
Banshee Brown
Chris Brown

Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.Banshee Brown has achieved FLOW.
That bike would pin just about anything, nice ride.
Banshee Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
bzerk
thinking of freight train

bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.bzerk has achieved FLOW.
26" version of the gromhit. I like.
bzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #12
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
How do you apply the shrink wrap to the brake/shifter lines?
The former mechanic/shop manager at Marty's did that for all of my bikes years ago when he was experimenting with the process - I'm not sure exactly how it's done but it really does clean it up nicely. I was surprised when I moved over here and no shops were doing it. I had a braided steel brakeline that he added shrink wrap to to protect the frame where it would rub at the headtube.
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #13
FullMonty
I'm Surrey-ous.

FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.FullMonty has achieved FLOW.
you can do the same thing with electrical tape.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:49 AM   #14
BigHitX

BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.BigHitX has achieved FLOW.
Made me chuckle to see all the thanks at the end and seeing the pic of his face peering through the TLD helm with no mention...
BigHitX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 AM   #15
kperras

kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.kperras has achieved FLOW.
I've ridden that bike at the local jumps and pump track. It rips both so well! I was amazed at how easily I could take it through the jumps.....amazing bike. The 31 felt pretty legit as well.
kperras is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: