Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 07-22-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
Bentleysuper8

Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW.
The Collective RUINED EVERYTHING!

I just the got new Kranked DVD in the mail today and all my fears have come to life. The Collective video "Seasons" has ruined every other mountain bike DVD.

The new Kranked DVD doesn't even come close. The music is kind of weak and either everything was shot on HDV, which really breaks down with fast action video, or the DVD compression they used really blows. The transitions between segments are sort of lame and the DVD navigation and menu structure is just lazy. No chapter markers in the main video so if you like a particular section you have to scan through the whole thing. Shame really because the riders work so hard.

Either way I'm disappointed. I've watched the Seasons video probably 20 times or more. I probably won't watch the Kranked DVD again. It just seems to lack soul.

My 2 cents. Flame away.
Bentleysuper8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
roy

roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW.
bung it in the post, i'll have a watch of it Have to say i mostly liked the last kranked film so was looking forward to this one.

You are right about the editing, some of that was a little sloppy at times - there is the bit where one of the riders is in the car before getting hit with a missile (what was that about anyway?) and the sound cuts out as he's talking then cuts back to the last half a word, pisses me off every time i watch it.
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 10:45 PM   #3
biggles604

biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW. biggles604 has achieved FLOW.
The Coastal crew segment at the end of the new kranked is one of the best riding segments in any film ever though.
biggles604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:01 PM   #4
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
I think Seasons is the best biking video ever made but I still enjoyed the last NWD - and I don't usually like the disorder franchise... I thought the Kranked vids peaked at #3 'Ride Against the Machine' and was slowly but surely turned off of them by each of the 2 subsequent films... What number are they at now anyway?
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
crazyconor
meh

crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW. crazyconor has achieved FLOW.
I have always been an NSX man myself, but Seasons still never fails to amaze me
Old 07-22-2009, 11:14 PM   #6
JdanS
Immoderator

JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW.
My fav for editing, music, riding and the spirit of the sport has to CKD.

I will always support Digger and buy every NSX he puts out but for me the peak is CKD.

I stopped buying Kranked after III. The Collective series is way better but still doesn't get me stoked like CKD does.

I really like Fresh by those BR guys too.
Old 07-22-2009, 11:17 PM   #7
DarylMac
Born again Grom

DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW. DarylMac has achieved FLOW.
Ride to the Hills was my favourite back in the day - why is it so hard to find these days?
DarylMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 11:34 PM   #8
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles604 View Post
The Coastal crew segment at the end of the new kranked is one of the best riding segments in any film ever though.
I'm glad to hear that. I thought the same thing when I saw it but I figured I was biased because Curtis and Dylan ride for us.
cam@nsmb.com is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 02:51 AM   #9
Ship-it-fed-ex
Tricks are for Kids

Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW. Ship-it-fed-ex has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Ship-it-fed-ex
I havent seen the video but what ive heard the only cool part of the movie is the end like you guys are saying..Never been a fan of kranked but just oppinion...
Ship-it-fed-ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:11 AM   #10
syncro
sardonic bliss

Location: beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleysuper8 View Post
I just the got new Kranked DVD in the mail today and all my fears have come to life. The Collective video "Seasons" has ruined every other mountain bike DVD.

The new Kranked DVD doesn't even come close. The music is kind of weak and either everything was shot on HDV, which really breaks down with fast action video, or the DVD compression they used really blows. The transitions between segments are sort of lame and the DVD navigation and menu structure is just lazy. No chapter markers in the main video so if you like a particular section you have to scan through the whole thing. Shame really because the riders work so hard.

Either way I'm disappointed. I've watched the Seasons video probably 20 times or more. I probably won't watch the Kranked DVD again. It just seems to lack soul.

My 2 cents. Flame away.
maybe if you pedaled more you'd like it?
syncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 03:57 AM   #11
Bentleysuper8

Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW. Bentleysuper8 has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by synchro View Post
maybe if you pedaled more you'd like it?
I'm taking the pedals off my bike tomorrow.
Bentleysuper8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:04 AM   #12
syncro
sardonic bliss

Location: beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentleysuper8 View Post
I'm taking the pedals off my bike tomorrow.
syncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 AM   #13
sleeper
Yeehaw.

sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW. sleeper has achieved FLOW.
Back in the Saddle 2 was better.
sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:19 AM   #14
K-Loops Rider
braaaap

K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW. K-Loops Rider has achieved FLOW.
I bought Kranked 6 and I was super dissapointed, bad music and only a few good parts (Boyko, Romaniuk). Then I saw Kranked 7 and it was the same thing, Romaniuk and Stubz/Curtis were the only parts I really liked. I will not be buying this one after what I have previously seen. Kind of a shame to hear its so bad after the teaser looked so good.
K-Loops Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 04:21 AM   #15
Shrew
i love jarrett moore

Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW. Shrew has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to Shrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggles604 View Post
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: