Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 05-04-2009, 07:36 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
The People of Knolly Bikes - Part II added

Anthill Films has done a cool series of vids about Knolly and the folks behind the bikes.

Click here for part one...

Click here for part two...
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2009, 04:22 PM   #2
pedalhound
Artist formerly known as mudpuppy

pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.pedalhound has achieved FLOW.
Very cool...the group I ride with has a bunch of Knolly's and they are amazing bikes...
pedalhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:43 PM   #3
apeshape
In the trees

apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.
Nice vid. Should be an interesting series.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:04 PM   #4
darkside

darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.darkside has achieved FLOW.
This is totally the direction that advertising in our industry is going imho. All the web vids from Santa Cruz, Yeti, Trek to name a few isn't just for the hell of it. Webvids work! The amount of kids that surf these pages and other sites and watch over and over vids about company riders, bikes, what a company is doing, it's a fantastic selling opportunity for any company. Get the public stoked on your product, regularly. You can express more with the use of a vid than a double page spread in a mag, and I reckon that people want to see more than a photo in a mag.
Good to see Knolly are upping the anti for there brand.
darkside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
PUNKY
Ginger Hacks

PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.PUNKY has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside View Post
This is totally the direction that advertising in our industry is going imho. All the web vids from Santa Cruz, Yeti, Trek to name a few isn't just for the hell of it. Webvids work! The amount of kids that surf these pages and other sites and watch over and over vids about company riders, bikes, what a company is doing, it's a fantastic selling opportunity for any company. Get the public stoked on your product, regularly. You can express more with the use of a vid than a double page spread in a mag, and I reckon that people want to see more than a photo in a mag.
Good to see Knolly are upping the anti for there brand.
this

the industry should be viewing videos as a marketing tool. Companies should be hiring a filmer, and making "team" videos, and releasing the films free online.

Chances are if the clump team puts out some high def gnar bar slopestyley-jump jamish video, all the kids are going to want bass and whatever else they make in rainbow colours like their favorite riders shredded on in the flick.

What makes more sense from a marketing stand point to sell a rider, or to sell a bike brand? Last I checked a movie went for somewhere under 40 bux, whereas a bike went for 4000+

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarklewis View Post
ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.
PUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 06:57 PM   #6
apeshape
In the trees

apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.apeshape has achieved FLOW.
I agree. These kinds of vids do way more for the industry than conventional print ads, events and trade show booths which are all part of the old way of doing business. Across the board action sports brands are still in the stone ages when it comes to marketing with the obvious exception of skateboarding. The problem is that cycling is part of a larger older industry which has some very conventional approaches to marketing their products. Skateboarding grew out of younger guerrilla movement and as such discovered how to be incredibly efficient with getting their materials in front of potential customers. I think this video and the other piece that anthill ripped up for Richie are far more akin to the skateboard industry approach of rider/company specific films. In this case, its also an extremely well polished film that ties in nicely with the characteristically high standards Noel puts into his bikes. So great job again Knolly people.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #7
Dokk

Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.Dokk has achieved FLOW.
Nice vid. Keep up the good work.
Dokk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 07:36 AM   #8
Cooper

Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.
love the video, always thought highly of the brand. May look into a frame of my own from them one day.
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 04:57 PM   #9
Timmigrant

Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.Timmigrant has achieved FLOW.
Excellent video, I really enjoyed watching that!

My Super Interesting Website

-
Timmigrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 06:51 PM   #10
Sethimus
www.mtbfreeride.tv

Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.Sethimus has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_perm View Post
the industry should be viewing videos as a marketing tool. Companies should be hiring a filmer, and making "team" videos, and releasing the films free online.
this is already in the works --> www.mtbfreeride.tv

expect english content later this year...
Old 05-07-2009, 03:10 AM   #11
SpecialC

Does anyone know the name of the song towards the end?
Old 06-18-2009, 04:07 AM   #12
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
Click here for part two - just added...
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:57 PM   #13
Dude
Finding my baseball

Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.Dude has achieved FLOW.
When do we find out about the "Name the Knolly" winner?
Old 06-18-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
Couch_Surfer

Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.Couch_Surfer has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
When do we find out about the "Name the Knolly" winner?
E-mail them and find out. I'm sure Noel, Chris or Bryan would be happy to talk about it.

Although you've already lost. My submission "HugeEPenis" is bound to take it.
Old 06-18-2009, 09:37 PM   #15
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.rewoga has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to rewoga
What trail was that? Looked killer!

I write interesting stories with mediocre quality photo's about things I do and crazy shit that happens!

http://www.citizenclass.ca
rewoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: