Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 01-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #1
cam@nsmb.com
administurbator

cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW. cam@nsmb.com has achieved FLOW.
The Sun Sets on Family Guy - A Postmortem

Dan Gronross put together a fitting tribute to one of the sweetest lines on the Shore.

RIP Family Guy

Shed a tear for Family Guy and post your stories and photos below. And feel free to send some props to the builders as well.
cam@nsmb.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2009, 07:23 AM   #2
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
The builders like beer. Leave at On Top to show appreciation. Nice writeup Dan

Last edited by LeeLau; 01-26-2009 at 07:37 AM.
LeeLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #3
oldfartts

oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW. oldfartts has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to oldfartts
Thanks for building such a awesome trail. To bad we had so much snow I really wanted to say goodbye to the Family Guy .It will live on in photos and in my mind.Man those were the days
oldfartts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:51 AM   #4
clarklewis
done

clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW. clarklewis has achieved FLOW.
airing into the second rock face was one of my favorite moves on the shore, especially after the nice kicker was built (? last yr or yr before). you could pretty much pin it down most of the trail, there were few spots that didn't flow well. when i was just learning to ride, i remember eating shit hard the first time i tried the little rock drop just before the not-dog-friendly creek bridge. we rode it last fall for the last time just before the snow came, and i'm glad we did, because it was covered in snow since. great memories...
clarklewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #5
Hack On Wheels
Team Ewok

Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW. Hack On Wheels has achieved FLOW.

"Outta me way!"

It's sad, so many good times were had on that trail. Many thanks to the builder!
Old 01-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #6
apeshape
In the trees

apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW. apeshape has achieved FLOW.
RIP Family Guy.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #7
shorelocal
Safe don't pay good

shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW. shorelocal has achieved FLOW.
I'll always remember FG as the trail that broke my hip, but there were so many more good rips down this trail that the one bad one won't leave a bitter taste.
Old 01-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #8
skimtb1

skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW. skimtb1 has achieved FLOW.
booo-urns!

that trail was a riot

skimtb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:15 PM   #9
Rat
I like the way you roll

Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW. Rat has achieved FLOW.
the article states they plan to develop all the way from the 1200 meter mark down. I believe that is not the case as 1200 meters is the top of black mountain.
Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #10
Sharon

Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
the article states they plan to develop all the way from the 1200 meter mark down. I believe that is not the case as 1200 meters is the top of black mountain.
how did that slip through the OCP!
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 09:44 PM   #11
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat View Post
Yeah that is where they are going to put this huge house. Man I wish I could afford to live in a place like that.

Yeah sorry, it should have read feet, not meters! So used to metric!

Dan
Old 01-26-2009, 11:26 PM   #12
Fluid
Belt Bras FTW

Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW. Fluid has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skimtb1 View Post
booo-urns!

that trail was a riot

I am so glad that I finally got up the guts to ride the opening rockface this past summer - my exit wasn't the most graceful but I sure surprised the heck outta my riding buddies when I just went for it!
I think all 3 of us were expecting me to stop at the top like I usually did, but something just felt different that day and I decided to just roll through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtse View Post
you can always make more money but you can never make more time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefer
I think it's called work for a reason. Or else they probably would have called it fun-time at the fun factory.
Fluid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:29 AM   #13
IFO
Cove STD goodness...Yummy

IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW. IFO has achieved FLOW.
i knew this was coming but now that its here..

its still a hard pill to swallow.. and it will only get harder to accept when summer returns, and we all realize Family guy isnt a option anymore..

IFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #14
djb
Live from Atomic Alley

djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW. djb has achieved FLOW.
I loved Family Guy. So much fun fast flow. I advocate for cross fall line lines like that, just a great rip. and for that... RIP.
djb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #15
Bryce
Registered Abuser

Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW.
it looks like the opening rock will get blasted out for the road. But if it stays, we should put a small permanent memorial up there. Didn't someone suggest this already?
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: