Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 11-06-2008, 08:22 PM   #61
Knight-Rider
Team Shuttlewhore

Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW. Knight-Rider has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveM View Post

He produces a clip of a mountain biker riding his mountain bike in the mountains. It's what some of us having been waiting for.

I couldn't agree more
Knight-Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2008, 08:56 PM   #62
ESHER SHORE
Building and 'biking

ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW. ESHER SHORE has achieved FLOW.
the stunt-laden extreme movies may appeal to the kiddies, but if you think about...its us older guys who earn the $$$ that actually buy the expensive bikes and do this kind of riding, and who the "industry" should really be targeting with movies

Richie's video makes me want to go and ride and I'd be happy hitting up the trails he is moving through

all the kids in our area buy cheap dirt jump bikes and ride in jeans and dept. store t-shirts and a skateboard helmet, but the industry is targeting them with all the movies. makes no sense?

http://hampsteadbandit.blogspot.com/
ESHER SHORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:27 PM   #63
Mic
The Diaper Diaries

Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESHER SHORE View Post
the stunt-laden extreme movies may appeal to the kiddies, but if you think about...its us older guys who earn the $$$ that actually buy the expensive bikes and do this kind of riding, and who the "industry" should really be targeting with movies

Richie's video makes me want to go and ride and I'd be happy hitting up the trails he is moving through

all the kids in our area buy cheap dirt jump bikes and ride in jeans and dept. store t-shirts and a skateboard helmet, but the industry is targeting them with all the movies. makes no sense?
In a perverse way it does make sense. When I started skateboarding, a lot of stuff was out of reach (~1989) - today it is not for me, even if the sport and lifestyle have drastically changed, I still run around in skateshoes, etc.

Nowadays you can buy the style - and who knows what is in the pipeline of the marketing gurus? Even the now-teenagers will be able buyers one day.

And the DJ scene is kinda like the BMX scene, just with more media circus going on.

Last edited by Mic; 11-06-2008 at 10:30 PM.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 10:56 PM   #64
roy

roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolskid View Post
richard is a fine young man as well as a talented mountain biker . i wish him well in this endeavour .

he has represented himself as a consummate professional throughout his career and now he is moving into a different phase . much like an actor who is comfortable in front of the camera , richard now has a desire to be behind the camera as well .
richard????? who are you? his mom!!!!!!
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 PM   #65
roy

roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW. roy has achieved FLOW.
oh! and as most have you have said awesome video, nice to see some good old fashioned mountain biking again rather than the crankworx video game combo moves.
roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 11:40 PM   #66
pedalhound
Artist formerly known as mudpuppy

pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW.
That's my kind of video....I loved it, now I want a full movie like that...no DJ's...triple backflip supermans or that shit...give me riding in the mountains...fast, flowy and fun...that's what this sport is about to me. I could care less about who did what trick....
pedalhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:39 AM   #67
motorp

motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW. motorp has achieved FLOW.
As much as I respect what the "kids" do in Slopestyle, I'm with all of you on this one. Richie shows us reality that most of us can relate to even if we can't ride everything the "old master" can ride or huck. Richie is timeless...
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #68
partswhore

partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW. partswhore has achieved FLOW.
Sick riding, awesome trails, totally in line with what I want to see in a mountainbike flick. Props +1 to Richie.

Side note: He seems to be doing allright $$$ wise with the Tundra in the movie and his Cayenne...
partswhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 01:51 AM   #69
Sharon

Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW.
Great vid! Most of that stuff is too scary for me to ride, I recognized a couple of trails up north of Whistler.

Yup, that's riding.
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:03 AM   #70
Jerry-Rig

Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESHER SHORE View Post
good thing mtb'ing isn't about slopestyle

give it another couple seasons and the "focus" will have shifted
by the posts on this thread, it may be sooner. Bring back the mountains !
Jerry-Rig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #71
King of Fasia
I'm Ron Burgundy?

King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW.
There is room for all styles of riding and videos. Films like Disorder have their place to show us what can be done (trick and stuntwise) on a bike. But there is also a place for videos (which I feel is growing) like this and the movies that the Collective have put out over the last few years. Honestly those videos are what gets me going more as I'm not a tricker. Seeing a sweet line and a cool trail get me going more than a no-foot can (although they are cool to see). I really like this style of video and want to see more on the shelves.

Shed head!

King of Fasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:54 AM   #72
M.A.X
http://www.flowcamps.ca/

M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW. M.A.X has achieved FLOW.
Thumbs up

Loved the video!!

That is what freeride is all about - flowy, smooth lines through beautiful wilderness.

Definitely a fresh look at the true spirit of the sport. I'm really tired of seeing films where they just set up a camera at the base of a pile of dirt and film guys throwing trick variations off it. Sure it's impressive, but it completely misses the whole point of free riding and mountain biking in general. And watching SS/DJ is just absolutely boring once you get over the shock factor. Smooth, fast riding on natural terrain is the soul of freeriding, and this video captures it very well.

I find in all the recent movies, the best segments are still of Simmons, Shandro, Schley, etc - that's the riding that makes me want to get up and go rip. The dj sequences on the other hand I just feel like fast forwarding through. Riding is about trails, not the 0.2 seconds of 'trick' off a stunt.
M.A.X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 08:29 AM   #73
Tom P
Harvester of Loam

Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW.
sweet riding and awesome trails. will have to check out those trails one day.

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 05:57 PM   #74
Carbuncle
is not cool.

Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW.
First, I like freecaster less and less the more I use it. Too choppy...

Second, nice vid from Richie. It made me think of how much the old vids got me stoked to ride, while all the new vids do is make me go "Wow, I can't believe someone was stupid enough to try that!" And I'm really, really fucking sick of dirt jumps in videos. Tail whip this, bitches, I want to see some mountains and forest in my movies!

Third, I vote for a vid with Richie, Wade, Tippie, Jerry, Shandro and any other old-school riders ripping some sweet trails that people actually ride, I need more stoke like this vid provided for the wet winter months!

Last edited by Carbuncle; 11-15-2008 at 08:10 AM.
Carbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2008, 06:14 PM   #75
JasonM...
drunk and on drugs

JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW. JasonM... has achieved FLOW.
great riding, and those trails looked fucking amazing. Crazy building.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowles View Post
I like how he casually dropped the "I'm famous" bomb.
LMM, if I ever see you at Whistler, make sure Schne is close by to take a picture of me punching you in the balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowles View Post
i dont post anymore unless its a lmm thread
such a tool
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jasonfrodomacfarlane/sets/
JasonM... is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: