Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 04-02-2003, 02:46 PM   #31
How
Pretender

How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW. How has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
ive been impressed with the stifness of my Profile SS cranks but i wouldnt buy another pair if i didnt get a deal or something since they are NOT cheap. they unscrew and become loose cuz there is no pinch bolt on bolt or somethin. i just know they do. I dunno, I liked the FSA Xtreme Drive 3 Pc Chromos. They were nice. I woulda kept those if i could go back.
Yeah, mine do that too, just throw some light loctite on the bitchen' bolts and you'll be set, I bet X-Drives do the same thing, they don't have a pinch bolt.

Disobey
How is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2003, 05:58 AM   #32
Flow
cyclist

Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by HEYPIP

i talked at length with a couple of sram engineers about freeride rear derailleurs. i suggested a 12-34 6 speed setup with a super fat chain. they said it wouldn't shift as crisp and i countered that bikes with 8-10" of travel don't shift worth shit anyway. at least with the wider sprocket spacing of 6 speed, the chain won't jump sprockets from vibration and mystery shift when you're climbing a skinny. i also suggested using an 800lb spring in the rear derailleur to increase chain tension. ha ha ha

DUDE I WANT THAT!!! As you might know I broke my foot due to a chain failure, so i'm not trusting mtb chains much more....i would buy a oversized chain gear setup in a second! Pip you should make one yourself and ill prototype it
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 03:59 PM   #33
HEYPIP

HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback HEYPIP is at the 6th switchback
Quote:
Originally posted by Flow
DUDE I WANT THAT!!! As you might know I broke my foot due to a chain failure, so i'm not trusting mtb chains much more....i would buy a oversized chain gear setup in a second! Pip you should make one yourself and ill prototype it
dude,

front me the cool million for tooling and i'll even put your name on it. making chains ain't cheap. the bug is in sram's ear. that's about as far as i can go.

pip
Old 04-04-2003, 05:00 PM   #34
Flow
cyclist

Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW. Flow has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally posted by HEYPIP
dude,

front me the cool million for tooling and i'll even put your name on it. making chains ain't cheap. the bug is in sram's ear. that's about as far as i can go.

pip
If I win the lotto super 7 then its a done deal
Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 11:30 PM   #35
nick1111

nick1111 is a n00b; standing by
Send a message via AIM to nick1111
Pip, can you/did you take any pictures? I wanna see this Triple8! Is it standard or inverted? Any changes coming up to the Shiver or Monster? I am guessing Shiver will see MX cartridges in 04?
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: