Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Whistler Forum

Whistler Forum Bike Park and trails in Whistler

Old 10-28-2016, 06:33 AM   #16
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW. heckler has achieved FLOW.
60.42 billion TWD (1.9B USD). Drop in the bucket.

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities...als?s=9921:TAI
heckler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2016, 07:02 AM   #17
ReductiMat
Reductive Materialist

ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by heckler View Post
60.42 billion TWD (1.9B USD). Drop in the bucket.

https://markets.ft.com/data/equities...als?s=9921:TAI
Exactly why I think it's gonna be Schwinn or Huffy.
ReductiMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #18
inshane
nsmb legend

inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW. inshane has achieved FLOW.
Does whistler buy a set number of bikes for the season and just keep the fleet they have going till the end of the year?
It would be interesting to know how many bikes they buy at the start, how many they go threw and how many of each individual components they go threw in a season. I bet it would be pretty substantial.

I've noticed that local shops in and around my area have very few dh bikes or non at all.
Times are changing I guess but my close friends and myself only ride downhill bikes.
I've thought about getting an enduro style all mountain bike one day aswell tho. I'd like to start investigating a different style of riding.
inshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 10:26 PM   #19
Duncan
My name is not nousefora

Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW. Duncan has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Dozer View Post
I'm also curious to know how many DH bikes are sold on an annual basis. There really aren't that many regions in the world that cater to DH riding. DH bikes are really only suitable for lift/shuttle access.
Not true ... If DH was restricted solely to places with lift access, how do you explain the large number of top world-class DH riders from the UK, Australia, South Africa and South America - and virtually zero from Canada (esp with the sad passing of Stevie Smith). Back in the day, the sight of riders pushing DH bikes up Mount Fromme was the norm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walleater View Post
I'm originally from a fairly flat part of England, yet it sounds like DH bikes are still fairly popular. Push up a hill for five minutes or so, turn around and then pin it down a trail. Session session session.... Ironically my riding skillz were way better when I lived in the UK from sessioning stuff on a big bike Vs riding the much longer trails around here. There's something to be said for knowing every pebble on a trail and absolutely pinning it. Worked well for Peaty, hart, Bryceland, the Athertons etc.

Last edited by Duncan; 12-23-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:12 AM   #20
whitehonky
Whitehonky

whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW. whitehonky has achieved FLOW.
A voice of reasonable authority told me it's GT.
whitehonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 08:23 AM   #21
ReductiMat
Reductive Materialist

ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehonky View Post
A voice of reasonable authority told me it's GT.
Wow. If I had to have guessed, that'd be on the bottom of my list.

Do they do kids bikes? (I guess they will now...)
ReductiMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: