Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 02-16-2017, 02:42 AM   #316
Taz123

Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW. Taz123 has achieved FLOW.
The key for us was an old ski-pole wedged and zip-tied to the seatpost/rear triangle. Running beside him and holding onto the pole and then letting go longer and longer.

Combine this with the ride-with-them concept and you should be on your way. Peer pressure with friends of theirs that is a bit older and already rides a bike can help.

Good luck
Taz123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2017, 05:47 PM   #317
DanLees

DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW.
My 2 kids are getting there with their riding.
A few pics of my eldest's first Lift accessed ride last year in Tignes...

That's Mont Blanc in the background.

This is my youngest last summer at my local trail centre.

This arrived this week for my eldest, just need the trails to dry out a bit!
I'll see how my youngest sizes up on it, if he can ride it, I'll get another before the riding season starts in earnest.
DanLees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:58 PM   #318
Mic

Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW.
Hey DanLees, which trail centre? I plan on visiting as many as possible in two weeks time this coming season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigal123 View Post
Where are those jumps Mic?
In a small town in Germany called Attendorn.
Mic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:12 PM   #319
Feral
Your suck goes to 11..

Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenN View Post
If anyone has some experience/advice on getting their kid to make the transition to pedal bike from run bike, I'd sure like to hear it. My guy just turned 5 and he still prefers his run bike - and it's getting way too small for him!

Trouble is, he's so fast on the run bike he can keep up to friends on the pedal bikes, so no real incentive to make the jump.
I took the pedals off of my son's pedal bike, he used it as his run bike for a while to get used to it. Then I started re-introducing the pedals. It was a little tough as he couldn't figure out which direction to spin the pedals at first (Spawn Fuji with a proper freehub in the back), but combined with me giving him a push to start, eventually he started with just his feet on his pedals and then started actually pedaling. Now I'm trying to teach him that he doesn't have to pedal at 100% the entire time. As with all things involving children, patience is key.
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:16 PM   #320
wigal123

wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW. wigal123 has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mic View Post
Hey DanLees, which trail centre? I plan on visiting as many as possible in two weeks time this coming season.

In a small town in Germany called Attendorn.
damn it, I was just about to say that the town, the church in particular looks way too European
wigal123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #321
DanLees

DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW. DanLees has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Pics of Jacob (Green bike/kit) are actually above Val D'Isere in the French Alps.

Pic of Dylan (Red kit/bike) are at Sherwood Pines in Nottinghamshire, England.
DanLees is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: