Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Whistler Forum

Whistler Forum Bike Park and trails in Whistler

Old 05-16-2010, 01:49 AM   #1
JdanS
Immoderator

JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW.
Opening Day was AWESOME!

Trails were perfect, weather was perfect, Tippie rallying the crowd to go to Schley's yard sale was perfect (well it was typical Tippie anyway.

The only downside were the epic lineups stretching all way to the ally beside the Pan Pacific. (30 minute waiting time)

The trails were so good I was momentarily outraged when I saw a braking bump but I got over it.

It's buffed, it's primo, IT'S ON!

Old 05-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #2
ReductiMat
Reductive Materialist

ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW. ReductiMat has achieved FLOW.
I've never been in a line up that long with such a happy disposition ever.

F@cking amazing time.
ReductiMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:20 AM   #3
Stuminator
Thread Killer.

Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW.
Midweek FTW for me. Teh line-ups are crazy!
Stuminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 02:34 AM   #4
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW.
that was the largest line up I have ever seen in my 10 years riding this beast, way to go WB, they must have been shocked, the lifty said they were expecting 800 people, and 2000 show up, never seen the corral infront of the longhorn, pretty good 3 runs in 3 hours, trails are like virgins still.....
Old 05-16-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
m@tt

m@tt is a n00b; standing by
such a good day, that was the first time iv riden the park here, still buzzing. line ups were big but not really a problem. looking foward to tomorrow already!
m@tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:48 AM   #6
Aeropusher
I am Sidebite!

Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW.
Was such an awesome day....stoked to be back at whistler
Aeropusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:22 AM   #7
rewoga
I am Molech!!!!

rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW. rewoga has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via Yahoo to rewoga
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeropusher View Post
Was such an awesome day....stoked to be back at whistler
[jealous]

but srsly - whay haven't you guys ever told me that poumont is so much fun! Hit all the big gaps except the one over that little gully - freakin STOKED!! Roller Coaster was sweet too!

[still jealous - whis would have been awesome today too!]

I write interesting stories with mediocre quality photo's about things I do and crazy shit that happens!

http://www.citizenclass.ca
rewoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 05:09 AM   #8
mrraulduke

mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW. mrraulduke has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to mrraulduke
poo-mont isn't really that fun ... you just liked it today ..
Old 05-16-2010, 05:32 AM   #9
Finestone

Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW. Finestone has achieved FLOW.
Not just hype

I told you it was going to be good! I'm not going to lie to you, ever. I vow to be honest with all Bike Park reports because I never want to see them go the way of "packed powder" or "variable visibility". If it is good, I will tell you, if it is muddy, I will tell you, if it is dusty, yep, I will tell you. We were certainly surprised by the banger attendance and I personally was stoked that the vibe was so upbeat - thanks for keeping it so cool.

Big thanks go out to the Trail Crew for getting everything so buffed and ready. The Patrol Crew came in late in the week and banged in all that rebar, built road crossings, wrestled bears (not even kidding on this one!) and had everything ready early enough for a staff ride on Friday. The Airdome got its facelift with the help of some crucial volunteers (thanks Andrew) and we cracked it open 1/2 an hour early for the first session of the summer.

I am proud to have such solid staff working in the Park. These people are professionals at what they do and could probably fetch a bigger pay cheque somewhere else but chose to do this for the love of the ride. Thanks to all the Bike Park staff who made this quality start possible and thanks to all of the riders who came out for the day.

Cheers,
B-ri

www.brianfinestone.com
Finestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 06:23 AM   #10
Feral
Your suck goes to 11..

Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW. Feral has achieved FLOW.
I can't stand lines so I hit the valley trails today. Sat at Black's Pub with the better half and puppy and watched the line barely move, then I spent the afternoon (and all day yesterday) riding the super quiet valley trails. If it rains tomorrow maybe I'll hit the park
Feral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:28 AM   #11
Straw
Jon

Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW.
Variable visiblity means it's pea soup out there.

Glad the vibe was good, I think everyone's happy to ride. I'll be riding the valley mostly this year, with the occasional Air Dome ride I think.

Have fun everyone!

1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34
Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:34 AM   #12
Straw
Jon

Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW. Straw has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JdanS View Post
The trails were so good I was momentarily outraged when I saw a braking bump but I got over it.
!
Phew!

1-1-2-3-5-8-13-21-34
Straw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:51 AM   #13
TrailNinja
living the dream.

TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW. TrailNinja has achieved FLOW.
I was amazed wandering down at 8:45am to get my gear and bike to see at least 30 people lined up waiting for the lift to start turning.
Old 05-16-2010, 11:29 AM   #14
ERregular

ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW. ERregular has achieved FLOW.
Awesome day. Big lineups, sure. But an awesome day.
ERregular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
JdanS
Immoderator

JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW. JdanS has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Straw View Post
Phew!
I couldn't resist
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: