Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 08-12-2014, 08:38 PM   #16
Oldfart

Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kperras View Post
Depends. If subjected to heat, they could skrink due to moisture loss. Theoretical answer of course.
I thought about that too after I posted that maybe the rubber bits dry out. I would guess it is just an assembly issue though.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:27 AM   #17
PUNKY
Ginger Hacks

PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW.
How many Canuck Bucks does a Pike go for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarklewis View Post
ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.
PUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:44 AM   #18
C.Lee
Pepper Mint!

C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUNKY View Post
How many Canuck Bucks does a Pike go for?
9 grizzly paws
Old 08-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #19
PUNKY
Ginger Hacks

PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW. PUNKY has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lee View Post
9 grizzly paws
Hmm, so the 36 FLOAT RC2 will likely decimate gall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarklewis View Post
ummm, as your doctor i recommend against riding with a scaphoid fracture.
PUNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 01:14 AM   #20
Bryce
Registered Abuser

Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
crazy

so if that's what happened, did air "equalize" right out of the air spring, effectively creating a second positive air spring inside the fork that worked with the actual positive air spring to totally overwhelm the negative air spring? that's kinda what it felt like was happening
Exactly. Had the same problem on the Rev when I let the air seals go too long without service/regreasing.
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 06:13 AM   #21
King of Fasia
I'm Ron Burgundy?

King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW.
I just noticed my Pike 150mm RCT Solo Air is sitting 10-15mm into its travel unweighted. It's sitting roughly at the 20% sag measurement on the stanchion. Haven't serviced it yet this season with 10 months of riding on it. Tried adjusting air pressure to recommended weight at 78 psi (as it was a little high) and its still sitting lower in its travel. Any ideas as to what would be causing this?

Shed head!

King of Fasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #22
boomforeal
cycling based lifeform

boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW. boomforeal has achieved FLOW.
when trying to figure out my problem, i found a number of posts talking about just what you are seeing KOF

eg: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...problemsadvice

google is your friend
Old 08-21-2014, 04:41 PM   #23
King of Fasia
I'm Ron Burgundy?

King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW. King of Fasia has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomforeal View Post
when trying to figure out my problem, i found a number of posts talking about just what you are seeing KOF

eg: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/to...problemsadvice

google is your friend
Yeah I read that last night after I posted. Just wanted to see if anyone on the board has experienced this problem. Gonna try the high psi-cycle-pull on the wheel thing today to see if it works.

Shed head!

Old 08-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #24
Jerry-Rig

Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW. Jerry-Rig has achieved FLOW.
Happened on my Lyrik and a friends. Both ending up getting a solo air kit. Dave at Bicyclehub got us sorted out pretty quickly.
Old 08-21-2014, 08:21 PM   #25
awesterner

awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW. awesterner has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Fasia View Post
Yeah I read that last night after I posted. Just wanted to see if anyone on the board has experienced this problem. Gonna try the high psi-cycle-pull on the wheel thing today to see if it works.
That method should work for you, I've seen it done on a friends fork. Air migrating to the neg chamber perhaps?
awesterner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 05:58 AM   #26
King of Fasia
I'm Ron Burgundy?

Success, pumped to 150 psi, compressed 6-8 times, reefed on stem and tire and pfffft, back to full extension. Worked like a charm

Shed head!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:59 PM   #27
Uncle Duke
pick and shovel

Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW. Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.
My pike is still running smooooooth.. This thread was starting to worry me... At least there seems to be an ez fix...
Uncle Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: