Old 05-09-2014, 08:01 PM   #16
muddbunnies

muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret!
Lots of us are really happy with the Specialized line of women's saddles. Another really useful tip is use good chamois butter with antibacterial properties for ladies. Hoo Ha Ride Glade is a favourite but nearly impossible to find in Canada. Chamois ButHER is a similar product. One of our Ambassadors is compiling a bunch of information on this topic right now. Feel free to get your wife to PM me!
muddbunnies is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #17
FlipFantasia
sure, whatever

FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW. FlipFantasia has achieved FLOW.
my better half loves her chromag juniper saddle, I have nothing to add other than that.
FlipFantasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #18
morgman
probably on bottletop

morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW.
I have some of the Chamois Butter for ladies. Tried it out just cause. Turns out it smells of lavender, which turns me off bigtime. But I'm not a lady.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 PM   #19
syncro
sardonic bliss

Location: beyond the realm of the here and now in the what is and formerly what was
syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW. syncro has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgman View Post
Turns out it smells of lavender
lol
syncro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #20
tacklebox
red dragon

tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
The lavender box tradition comes full circle.
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:59 PM   #21
Heathen
A displaced Islander.

Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW. Heathen has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddbunnies View Post
Lots of us are really happy with the Specialized line of women's saddles. One of our Ambassadors is compiling a bunch of information on this topic right now. Feel free to get your wife to PM me!
When the info is all compiled could you please post it or link to it. My wife is looking for a better saddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 PM   #22
muddbunnies

muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret! muddbunnies has now reached the 7th secret!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen View Post
When the info is all compiled could you please post it or link to it. My wife is looking for a better saddle.
Absolutely!

If she is in the market for a saddle, look into the width of her sit bones. It seems to make quite a bit of difference and sit bones are not relative to the size of someone. A super slight lady can have wider sit bones. Specialized makes saddles with two different sizes. If you go into any Specialized LBS, they should be able to measure and fit her for a saddle (and possibly have demos).
muddbunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #23
sanrensho

sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW. sanrensho has achieved FLOW.
^^Just ask for the Assometer. Helpful for guys as well.
"The song of a bird...We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds..."-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk
sanrensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:27 AM   #24
jbv

jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW. jbv has achieved FLOW.
so true about the sitbone thing. i didn't give it any thought until i tried it and it's no wonder i like my one saddle and hate the other. turns out i need a wide one.

my lady has one solid ride on the Juniper and seems very happy with it. her old saddle was an anvil. i'm so glad she does otherwise it's a long and expensive trial and error with the other women saddles out there. i got a few good ideas here and they are all fairly similar with cutouts or shaped cupped areas but i read a lot of reviews and what makes one woman happy is miserable for another. width, shape of cupped area, width of nose all seem to make a big diff to each lady. go figure, they are equally as complicated in every other aspect, why not saddle selection!!!
jbv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 02:03 AM   #25
ceebee

ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW. ceebee has achieved FLOW.
Here's a way to try tons-o-saddles.

http://www.bcbikefit.com/bike-products/saddle-centre/
ceebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #26
XXX_er

XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW. XXX_er has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceebee View Post
Here's a way to try tons-o-saddles.

http://www.bcbikefit.com/bike-products/saddle-centre/
I didn't post anything in this thread cuz a bunch of guys giving advise on womens saddles seems way past silly but this^^ is a cool resource to know about for anyone who rides a bike
XXX_er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 03:58 PM   #27
GTDad

GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW. GTDad has achieved FLOW.
Im surprised no one recommending the any of the sell amp saddles. They are are hands down the best most "junk" friendly saddles out there for both men and women. Love mine. Also the tipped down nose is a sweet feature for us mtbers great for perching up front of climbs.
http://www.sellesmp.com/smp4bike/en/glider
GTDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: