Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 07-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #16
darcraver

darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.darcraver has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirk View Post
The problem with this never ending "debate" about flow trail/dumbing down the Shore is that it doesn't have to be an either or situation. To me it seems that the grumpy vocal minority keep framing it as a situation where it's all going to be flow/dumb trails. The reality is a mix.

Why are you guys so against a mix of trail styles?
Agreed. I rode Executioner and Dreamweaver last night. Great mix of trails right there.
darcraver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2014, 10:07 PM   #17
Mordax

Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubprof View Post
the first comment is pretty bang-on too. ... the lowest common denominator.
I liked this part:
Quote:
"That was when it struck me why primitive trails are not as popular as I think that they should be. They are not instantaneously gratifying. Often they can't be ridden the first time without coming off the bike for a good distance, unless you are practiced in riding those sorts of trails."
I feel the same way about challenging skinnies going the way of the dodo. Falling off a skinny the first time I tried it just made it even more of a personal challenge to clean it on later attempts (or dare I say, session it until I got it).

Last edited by Mordax; 07-16-2014 at 10:09 PM.
Mordax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 08:15 AM   #18
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.JCL has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepunch View Post
^^^^^ i feel like there is so much i dont know about the trails here. I bet i only have exposure to 30% of the goods. partly because i ride sea to sky and valley a fair bit. the good part is i have much to discover.
Ummm... IMO most of the illegal stuff on the Shore is still more shit kicked than the legal stuff up the S2S.

- Morgman
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: