Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Trail Conditions

Trail Conditions Post the latest trail conditions

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #76
jefg

jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.jefg has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigH View Post
Ya, was planning to go up Mid Grasslands to get to the Potato Patch but took the wrong trail out of the Cowboy camp. Oh well, made it a 4 lake tour instead of the usual 3. The decent to Spruce was fun.

We did that on Sunday, made for a good extra bit to the ride, and a nice swim to cool down partway through.

First time in the Chilcotins and I'll be coming back for sure!

Old 08-15-2012, 06:32 PM   #77
flowhog

flowhog is a n00b; standing by
Can anyone recommend a weekend warrior chilcotin mission - with no shuttling? I'd arrive in Bralorne by ~ 8am, ride all day, camp, then ride all day Sunday, return to Pemberton before dark.

I'm thinking perhaps a Windy Pass out back via Gun Creek (or exit on B and F?) for day 1 and a Cinnabar lap on Sunday...or Bralorne trails on Sunday.

Do you have any other suggestions for rides - and a strategic camping spot?

Thanks!
Old 08-17-2012, 10:56 PM   #78
climberbkr

climberbkr is a n00b; standing by
Weekend Rides

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowhog View Post
Can anyone recommend a weekend warrior chilcotin mission - with no shuttling? I'd arrive in Bralorne by ~ 8am, ride all day, camp, then ride all day Sunday, return to Pemberton before dark.

I'm thinking perhaps a Windy Pass out back via Gun Creek (or exit on B and F?) for day 1 and a Cinnabar lap on Sunday...or Bralorne trails on Sunday.

Do you have any other suggestions for rides - and a strategic camping spot?

Thanks!
This depends upon how fast you ride. If your not familiar with the area I'd suggest riding from Tyaughton Lake over Windy Pass through to Trigger lake. Next day walk up Deer Pass and back out through Spruce and Gun creek. If you don't make it much past Spruce lake on your way to Trigger camp at Spruce. Explore the area the next day. You won't have enough time to complete the ride otherwise. Or bring lights. The trails main trails are so easy to follow.

I've ridden there so many times over the years its all kind of the same. For the uninitiated the riding can be way harder than what your used to. But you can't go wrong with the day loop of riding up to Windy pass, Spruce and back out Gun to the Tyaughton Lake. Misty mountain off of mudlakes offers some nice rides as well as Paradise Valley. That trail goes on for a while but you have to double back so its less interesting.

Best of luck.
Old 08-18-2012, 12:08 AM   #79
Ayup

Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.Ayup has achieved FLOW.
Don't suppose anyone found some Spy sunglasses on double track in/out of Taylor last Monday?
Old 08-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #80
Joe Dick
JVLC

Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.Joe Dick has achieved FLOW.
a couple trees down near dear pass / trigger lake, should be cleared soon. Grant creek saw some power tools this week if any one has plans for that. still a bit rugged at the head of the valley but getting better.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #81
Mordax

Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.Mordax has achieved FLOW.
Question - Some friends and I are considering a Werner Lake drop in a few weeks, but we have some reservations over how the weather will be that late in September.

Has anyone done that trip that late in the year?
Old 09-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #82
Skogland

Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.Skogland has achieved FLOW.
Weather will likely be good.. but have a back up plan ready. Our late Sept. WArner drop got cancelled last year due to low ceiling.. Good luck!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:34 AM   #83
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.
100% chance of weather...
Old 09-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #84
AussieDreamZ
WoooHooo!!!

AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.AussieDreamZ has achieved FLOW.
I always try and keep my trips to the Chilcotins to early September (hoping for good weather) and we were not disappointed again this year! Just spectacular

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone ~ Neale Donald Walsch
Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #85
fluxone

fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.
hey

I am headed up to Goldbridge for my third time this summer - I will be doing the Taylor Cabin up to Camel pass on Sunday on my own - but my friend who has a toddler will be coming also - so I was wondering if anyone has any shorter rides recommended for this area for some saturday afternoon fun which can be done in under a few hours.

I have done the Powerline Trail from Bralorne to Goldbridge and the Kingdom/Lost Lake loops which are really fun but short - only about 1 hour for either

let me know what else to look for - thanks!
Old 09-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #86
CraigH
Tear it all out!

CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxone View Post
... so I was wondering if anyone has any shorter rides recommended for this area for some saturday afternoon fun which can be done in under a few hours.
In Bralorne check out Sunshine Mountain, trail name is Alpahgetti. (sorry about the huge map)

Near Gun Lake check out Zolapolooza (sp?).

Last edited by CraigH; 09-14-2012 at 12:30 AM. Reason: (sorry about the huge map)
Old 09-14-2012, 02:09 AM   #87
Gary Harder

Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.Gary Harder has achieved FLOW.
Bunch of friends and I will be hoping for good weather although it's really getting late.
Two day ride out after float plane drop off.
Last year we went this weekend and it snowed big time and a windstorm really laid the boots to the trails.
wish us luck.
I am sure Duga will tell what transpired in the end.
g
Old 09-14-2012, 02:24 AM   #88
fluxone

fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.fluxone has achieved FLOW.
Craig H - what map is that from?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:05 AM   #89
CraigH
Tear it all out!

CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.CraigH has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxone View Post
Craig H - what map is that from?
Their website:
http://bridgerivertrails.wordpress.com/
Old 09-15-2012, 10:50 PM   #90
patm
Patm

patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.patm has achieved FLOW.
Some more Shulaps action....

http://patmulrooney.blogspot.ca/2012...-traverse.html
Closed Thread
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: