Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Trail News/Maintenance

Trail News/Maintenance Trail building info, issues, and discussions

Old 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM   #1
morgman
probably on bottletop

morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW.
Evening Trail Maintenance Time! Wednesday, August 8th at 6pm on Bottletop.

Bottletop is just about perfect this time of year. All the greenery is at its lushest, and the work that Daniel Lui and Darryl Marlatt did with Different Bikes and NS Ride for TAP 2011 really made a difference.

However, that crew has moved on to Empress Bypass for the 2012 season and Bottletop has reached its usual summer condition: the final traverse is littered with pebbles and baby heads, with a thin track winding through it.

We hatched a plan to rake out this section while the trail is in its summer prime. We figure we'll need a couple hours with a small crew, and at the very least, myself, Daniel Lui, and Mark Wood will be there. Anybody is welcome to come lend a hand.

Meeting time is 6pm on the trail, Wednesday August 8th. The section we are working on is very close to the bottom of the trail, so it makes the most sense to meet there. Mark will be driving tools and other necessary supplies to the bottom of the trail at Twin Bridges and we will walk up from there. If you'd just like to stop by on your ride that evening to sling a few rocks, feel free!

If you have any questions, post away or shoot me an email at morgant@nsmb.com. Thanks!

Old 08-08-2012, 05:38 AM   #2
morgman
probably on bottletop

morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW.
Free trail karma tomorrow evening!
Old 08-09-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
Woodro

Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW. Woodro has achieved FLOW.
Fantastic what work was accomplished in only a couple of hours with 8 people. You won't even recognize the lower third of Bottletop.
Great work Morgan & Dan for leading the project. Thank you to Morgan (the other Morgan!), Ian, Alec & Lindsay for coming out and working hard.
Thank you to Okanagan Springs for your inspiration!
Woodro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 09:21 PM   #4
pipeline

pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW. pipeline has achieved FLOW.
Thanks to all who helped. I know I will be appreciating your work on my next time down.
pipeline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: