Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 06-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #1
craw

craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.
Troy Lee CP5900 Chest Protector

So this thing is technically a roost protector. But it's light, super modular and can be worn very minimal.

I especially like that the front piece is actually three triangles so it can be run quite streamlined.

The shoulder pieces are optional and there are two levels of Leatt integration possible: one where the brace fits into the slot, the other where the slot is removed, making running the protector under a jersey more feasible.

Anyone ever tried one of these in real life? Like most significant protection it seems like a lot until you need it.

How many people are still running some type of roost/Dainese/pressure suit?

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/f19...tested-237278/

Old 06-14-2012, 04:35 AM   #2
Max Rockatansky...
Road Warrior

Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.
I like mine. It is really just a chest protector though. Get a kidney belt with it if you want more of a dainese like coverage. It is the lowest profile i have come across. Fits great.

Leatt fits pretty good on top of it. It sits a bit higher so with my moto helmet is reduces the range of motion a bit.
Max Rockatansky... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
craw

craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.craw has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Rockatansky... View Post
I like mine. It is really just a chest protector though. Get a kidney belt with it if you want more of a dainese like coverage. It is the lowest profile i have come across. Fits great.

Leatt fits pretty good on top of it. It sits a bit higher so with my moto helmet is reduces the range of motion a bit.
I'm not particularly looking for a Dainese-style fit. What I want is for it to be light, streamlined, not limit mobility and offer over some protection against major impact to the upper body.

So you run it with your Leatt fitting into the rear of the back plate like so? Could you run it like this with the jersey over the protector?

Or do you take that overlapping piece off the back plate, wear the protector under your jersey, with the Leatt loose on top like so?
Old 06-14-2012, 04:57 AM   #4
Max Rockatansky...
Road Warrior

Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.Max Rockatansky... has achieved FLOW.
under jersey with the leatt over top. the one i got did not have have the shoulders or the extra lock piece to hold the leatt down.
Max Rockatansky... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:39 AM   #5
norona

norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.norona has achieved FLOW.
I love mine but also this is nice for mtb'r who want lighter...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
norona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:50 AM   #6
Jimmy-James
is a real piece a ****

Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.Jimmy-James has achieved FLOW.
What do those actually protect you from? other than sticks n thinks poking your chest.
Jimmy-James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:13 AM   #7
Bryan
bighitter who?

Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.Bryan has achieved FLOW.
umm the ground when you land on it....
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 07:34 AM   #8
Bushman
time will tell

Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.Bushman has achieved FLOW.
thats nice...def more than roost gear. I like the shoulder cups too.I would wear one at the park or on a moto fersure.
Bushman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
craw

Quote:
Originally Posted by norona View Post
I love mine but also this is nice for mtb'r who want lighter...

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
As a tall person with the knowledge that TLD stuff tends to fit small I can safely say that this suit (or any other for that matter) will almost certainly not fit. Looks nice though.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #10
gotham
Dropping to flat.

gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.gotham has achieved FLOW.
I bought the TLD suit a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. I ride with an EVOC backpack for the extra back protetion as this doesn't have a hard plastic spine like most upper body armour. It is light and keeps cool. Very easy to wash as well.
gotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 04:54 PM   #11
craw

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham View Post
I bought the TLD suit a few weeks ago and I'm really happy with it. I ride with an EVOC backpack for the extra back protetion as this doesn't have a hard plastic spine like most upper body armour. It is light and keeps cool. Very easy to wash as well.
So you're running a TLD suit AND an EVOC spinal protector pack? Which TLD suit? Are you running a neck brace?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: