Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales

Ride Planning and Tales Plan your rides and talk about them

Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
seannyl

seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.
Looking for People to ride with

Hello kids,

Me: I'm 28, dude, live downtown and used to be a pretty dedicated biker, but took a 5-year brake. Now I've picked up a new bike (Entourage) and am getting back into the saddle. My favorite trails are almost all on the sunshine coast, but I'll ride most anything.

What I'm looking for: People who enjoy riding and are chill people. 420 friendly, no ego, no snobbery. I'm looking people in similar skill level/mindset:

you like flow
When you ride whistler you'd be happy looping freight train-dirt merch-a-line and not much else
You don't mind walking up hills (or driving, I have no wheels though)
You're not in epic shape (while I like to go fast, I can't hammer non-stop my whole way down a mountain)
You like drops, but don't feel like you have to hit 30x30 gappers

Basicaly: I can ride, the bc place stair gap is peanuts, but I'm not looking to star in any films, I just want to have fun and not get hurt.

I'd really love some other chill people who like to ride, urban, shore, whistler, coast... I'm down.

Let me know if you're looking for someone like me

-Atari
seannyl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2012, 09:49 PM   #2
Lady Gravity
meow?

Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.
i'd suggest joining one of the meetup groups for mountainbiking:

http://www.meetup.com/find/?keywords...tButton=Search
Lady Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #3
seannyl

seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.seannyl has achieved FLOW.
That's a fine suggestion!
seannyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
bigd

bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.bigd has achieved FLOW.
I like this group better. http://www.meetup.com/The-Art-Of-Lov...ents/56556282/
bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #5
Heathen
A displaced Islander.

Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.Heathen has achieved FLOW.
If you looking for 420 friendly I sugest PMing Gangsterbitch and Wheelydrop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the flying moose View Post
fines are useless. there needs to be more punches to the throat.
Heathen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
cgh

cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.cgh has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gravity View Post
i'd suggest joining one of the meetup groups for mountainbiking:

http://www.meetup.com/find/?keywords...tButton=Search
How do these groups compare to NSRide? I've never joined any riding group, but now thanks to kids and injuries (not to me), I am without riding partners. NSRide charges $55 for a membership - is it worth it? Or are those Meetup groups pretty good?
cgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:20 AM   #7
Lady Gravity
meow?

Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgh View Post
How do these groups compare to NSRide? I've never joined any riding group, but now thanks to kids and injuries (not to me), I am without riding partners. NSRide charges $55 for a membership - is it worth it? Or are those Meetup groups pretty good?
i have no idea how it compares to ns ride, but for one thing these groups are free. i've only joined the this one so far http://www.meetup.com/vancouver-mtb/, and they seem to be more xc/am oriented and based in the tri-cities. their rides seem to be on a fairly regular basis.

there are other groups more based on the shore that do more shuttling and dh style rides. this one seems to be based out of JH http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Moun...-Shore-Nation/

i'd say give it a shot and see how it goes
Lady Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 07:29 AM   #8
angusk

angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.angusk has achieved FLOW.
I joined NS Ride and rode with them lots in 2011.

I really enjoyed the rides. I don't really have any friends that ride, and the group was fun, showed me awesome trails, and pushed my riding skills. Definitely worth the $50. I could go on about how much more riding I did because of NS Ride last summer. The after work weekdays rides are awesome.

Thats said, they're probably not 420 friendly on rides. They take their insurance/organization seriously.
angusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
King Spenny
burnin' gas, haulin' ass

King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.King Spenny has achieved FLOW.
Ns ride will even take you down trails that aren't supposed to exist
King Spenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:53 AM   #10
Brian316

Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.Brian316 has achieved FLOW.
The meet up groups are free as stated but a few things to consider about NSRide.
- all volunteer run club
- 30+ first aid trained leaders, each carries a first aid kit on all rides
- club insurance
- land permits for areas the club rides
- XC, AM and DH rides
- 40+ weekly organized rides (Tue/Thurs) in spring/summer season, many different ride level groups from beginner to advanced to choose from
- 10 out of town rides (Sat/Sun)
- off season night rides and weekend rides in fall/winter
- 2 leaders per ride group
- annual Cumberland trip based out of Riding Fool Hostel
- trail maintenance (TAP) last year included Ridge Runner and Bottle Top, this year is Empress and the Bypass
- Different Bikes shop discount at all locations
- Seymour's Pub discount

After contacting King Spenny we have concluded the illegal trail issue most likely stemmed from a non club ride where someone was wearing a club jersey. In no way would a club ride have been on the trail he mentioned and it also occurred a few years ago.

As stated previously the club isn't 420 friendly on the rides.
Brian316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Savemejebus

Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.Savemejebus has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seannyl View Post
Hello kids,

Me: I'm 28, dude, live downtown and used to be a pretty dedicated biker, but took a 5-year brake. Now I've picked up a new bike (Entourage) and am getting back into the saddle. My favorite trails are almost all on the sunshine coast, but I'll ride most anything.

What I'm looking for: People who enjoy riding and are chill people. 420 friendly, no ego, no snobbery. I'm looking people in similar skill level/mindset:

you like flow
When you ride whistler you'd be happy looping freight train-dirt merch-a-line and not much else
You don't mind walking up hills (or driving, I have no wheels though)
You're not in epic shape (while I like to go fast, I can't hammer non-stop my whole way down a mountain)
You like drops, but don't feel like you have to hit 30x30 gappers

Basicaly: I can ride, the bc place stair gap is peanuts, but I'm not looking to star in any films, I just want to have fun and not get hurt.

I'd really love some other chill people who like to ride, urban, shore, whistler, coast... I'm down.

Let me know if you're looking for someone like me

-Atari
hey dude, I'm in the same boat as you, got out of biking for years and want to get back in. Just moved to the shore and am looking for peeps to ride with. My skill level is prob a bit lower than yours but would definatly be up for some riding (mostly dh)I've been wanting to check out the shore trails on Fromme.
Savemejebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: