Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales > Lycra forum

Lycra forum Road/XC/Epic

Old 04-05-2012, 09:54 PM   #1
Oldfart

Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.
New bike for the old man.

Old 04-05-2012, 10:43 PM   #2
sanrensho

sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.
Scott goes to Craigslist?

Curious to hear how the new frame and bike compares to the Scott.
"The song of a bird...We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds..."-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk
sanrensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #3
patrolskid

patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.patrolskid has achieved FLOW.
wow
patrolskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:45 AM   #4
Oldfart

Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.Oldfart has achieved FLOW.
A guy where I park the bike downtown asked if I would consider selling the Scott. So I did. Too small for me. The Giant is a quicker handing bike. Similarly stiff. Not more than 40 k on it so far so I'll tell you more later.
Old 04-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #5
petepeterson

petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.petepeterson has achieved FLOW.
nice just less spacerssss
petepeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
sanrensho

sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.sanrensho has achieved FLOW.
Are the wheels swapped out? The catalog seems to list the C50s as stock.
"The song of a bird...We used to ask Ennesson to do bird calls. He could do them. How he could do them, and when he perished, along with him went all those birds..."-Return from the Stars, Stanislaw Lem

"We just walk around, and sometimes we go out and dance, and then we listen to the environment."-Ralf Hutter, Kraftwerk
sanrensho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #7
Onegear
Here and Now

Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.Onegear has achieved FLOW.
I love the rear triangle design, and the rabobank is really pimpin'. Nice one, cheers.
Onegear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #8
pocobob

pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.pocobob has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to pocobob
Sweet! They had one on display at the bike show... it had to be tied down so it wouldn't float away :p
pocobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
morgman
probably on bottletop

morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.morgman has achieved FLOW.
That looks great. I'm all for spacers if that's what your fit necessitates.
Old 04-06-2012, 11:44 PM   #10
Ninja
Hey, who farted?

Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.Ninja has achieved FLOW.
Nice bike.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:45 AM   #11
hooli
this space for rent

hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.hooli has achieved FLOW.
nice ride. the guy who taped the bars needs a slap tho.
Old 04-07-2012, 04:32 PM   #12
old_school_n00b
Mighty Riders

old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgman View Post
That looks great. I'm all for spacers if that's what your fit necessitates.
Looks to be under the Luciano-spec 4cm maximum!
old_school_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #13
old_school_n00b
Mighty Riders

old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.old_school_n00b has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooli View Post
nice ride. the guy who taped the bars needs a slap tho.
Leaving off the little piece is PRO.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:18 PM   #14
Oldfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_school_n00b View Post
Leaving off the little piece is PRO.
Indeed. Caring about what it looks like versus not having a lump is Pro. Besides that tape will go once I have the fit sorted out. Np point caring about bar tape until I have the lever position set where I want it and that is a process that takes quite a few rides for me. And I love the fact that the bars are round. I despise the flat top bars. I find them uncomfortable.

I have just dropped the stem 1cm. I like the look of a slammed stem but I can't do that much drop for long. Rode from Whistler to the motocross track and back yesterday. It's very good at speed in high winds. I always get suckered going North. 40 kph ave speed going out, not so fast upon the return.

The bike is stock. It's the Defy Advanced SL Rabo version. I wanted the regular one but Giant did not bring any in to Canada. I think this is the only Small that they brought in too. The Defy has the tall head tube which I wanted for fit reasons.

15.5 pounds on the Steed scale. With my Zipp wheels it will be illegal.
Old 04-08-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
old_school_n00b
Mighty Riders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldfart View Post
Indeed. Caring about what it looks like versus not having a lump is Pro. Besides that tape will go once I have the fit sorted out. Np point caring about bar tape until I have the lever position set where I want it and that is a process that takes quite a few rides for me.
Exactly. PRO. The little piece has zero functional usage other than to slow up a fresh tape install for an apres-course James Huang bike check photoshoot.

Quote:
The Defy has the tall head tube which I wanted for fit reasons.
You, and everyone else in the entire world.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: