Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Bike Parks - Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Mt. Washington and beyond...

Bike Parks - Silver Star, Sun Peaks, Mt. Washington and beyond... Discuss your local lift access mtn. here

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 12 votes, 2.67 average. Display Modes

Old 01-17-2012, 03:31 AM   #482
sheffy

sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.
Exclamation Silverstar gets BC cup race

https://www.facebook.com/ssbcup?sk=wall
sheffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:35 AM   #483
Gnarly_X

Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.
The history of silver star part one

Part two

Last edited by Gnarly_X; 02-26-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Gnarly_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 02:06 PM   #484
mujo

mujo is a n00b; standing by
gnarly, thx for the link.
mujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:48 PM   #485
sheffy

sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.sheffy has achieved FLOW.
Matt Hunter bike camp (july 2-6)

http://summer.skisilverstar.com/s/my...th-matt-hunter
Old 03-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #486
allsportprotection14

allsportprotection14 is a n00b; standing by
Ride is a to sit on and control the movements....
allsportprotection14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #487
shane_s20
1 billion

shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by allsportprotection14 View Post
Ride is a to sit on and control the movements....
australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.
shane_s20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:41 PM   #488
mfreeman72
N+1.

mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.
Since I'll be in Kelowna for work this summer, I'm planning to extend the trip a few days to hit up Silver Star.

I've read the SS page on RV camping as I'll have our trailer; for those in the know, what are the RV facilities like? Are the spots easy to get into, etc? As I'll be flying solo with a fairly sizable trailer (33'), I'd like to avoid tighter spots.

As well, since there's limited RV camping, how fast does it fill up?
mfreeman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 11:43 PM   #489
sheffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreeman72 View Post
Since I'll be in Kelowna for work this summer, I'm planning to extend the trip a few days to hit up Silver Star.

I've read the SS page on RV camping as I'll have our trailer; for those in the know, what are the RV facilities like? Are the spots easy to get into, etc? As I'll be flying solo with a fairly sizable trailer (33'), I'd like to avoid tighter spots.

As well, since there's limited RV camping, how fast does it fill up?
The rv spots are big theres lots of room youll be fine ....ive never seen it full but maybe reserve just incase
Old 03-31-2012, 12:00 AM   #490
mfreeman72
N+1.

mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.mfreeman72 has achieved FLOW.
Thanks - a fair bit of space on either side, too? I've got those slide-out things...
And are they all back-in or are some pull-through?

Cheers.
mfreeman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:01 AM   #491
sheffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfreeman72 View Post
Thanks - a fair bit of space on either side, too? I've got those slide-out things...
And are they all back-in or are some pull-through?

Cheers.
They are back ins....Yup your good with slideouts
Old 03-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #492
sheffy

Exclamation 2012 SEASON

http://summer.skisilverstar.com/spec...-opening-dates
Old 04-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #493
sheffy

Air Apprentice 2012

Hell ya the boys are back

http://www.nsmb.com/5188-airprentice-2012
Old 04-27-2012, 06:35 PM   #494
sheffy

Silverstar blog

http://summer.skisilverstar.com/s/my...passes-on-sale
Old 04-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #495
sheffy

Exclamation Cams first update for 2012

Update April 17,2012

Spring has Sprung! I am on the road doing the annual Bike Shop tour. If you ever wondered how your local shop got fresh posters and maps every year that is me on the road every spring while the snow melts away on the Star. And is it ever melting this year! Thank you Mother Nature for kicking Old Man Winter out of here! With any luck this nice weather will keep up and we will not have to shovel any snow, allowing us to get to the dirt work ASAP.

As for the dirt works for this coming season this is part of the list we have planned in no particular order....

Challenger is to get a Face Lift. After the locals found out how fun it is to rip this trail at full speed it has become a little Chundered. It has also been a couple years since the original build and the fertile dirt of Silver Star is starting to allow the greenery to encroach the trail. We will be putting it back to its original glory with a few upgrades. And no, this does not mean all you racers can start scrubbing Challenger!!! Leave that for the advanced trails. We will be putting in a few speed rollers in to control speed and shed water, widen it in places and an overall smoothing for the entry level rider.

With the BC Cup coming back to Silver Star July 22 we will be giving Dag’s a bunch of love! Some of the corners are going to get opened up, the rubble racked and the trannies smoothed out, all so it can get punished once again for the race. We will also be adding a high speed, big air sender to the course, for a spectator friendly finish right into the Village. Rumor has it there will be a Biggest Whip contest on the Saturday night with this finish.

Walk the Line was a huge success last summer! It quickly became one of the most talked about trails so we are going to make it even better. With the exception of 2 loose jumps on this trail you could connect everything perfectly once you figured out the trail. The plan is to pull these 2 jumps into the standard of the rest of the trail making it top of bottom smoothness.

Upper Shazam is a lot of people’s favorite section of trail on Silver Star. However, for Trail crew it is our Nemesis! We will be going in there and pulling a few of the stumps that were left behind in the original build. So watch for us to make a few tweaks to the trail to increase the flow and change it up a bit.

We have all done it, and we have heard all you jumpers complain about it, so we are re-working that Middle section of Rock Star. It’s the spot where the jumps go fall line and we need to jam the breaks so we don’t blow our suspension on landing. So pay attention your first couple of rides and check out the rework before sending it. You will need to carry your speed now, but there will be multiple jumps with your typical SSBP style berm pulling you back into the 4 pack below paved (no we will not touch the 4 pack). This will be the theme of the year. Re-work all areas of the Park and let you rip into everything!

There are a few new trails or sections of trails in the works as well. One so trail is named Gnar. I will leave that one up to your imagination.

A new hiking only trail to the bottom is going to be created this spring. It will give the hikers their own trail to the bottom of Comet (no need to share with the MTB crowd any more).

Something new off the top of the mountain is also in the works, along with many more things coming to SSBP this summer. Stay posted as we start checking off the list.

Enjoy the spring riding and get those legs ready to rip Top to Bottom runs for our first bonus weekend June 23. And remember to get your season pass early this year! Early bird is staying at ONLY $309 (on until May 31st), with the regular season rate going to $389 starting June 1.

For any of you riders out there that feel the need to give back to the bike park we still have a few Volunteer positions open for this spring.

LaterCam
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: