Old 03-24-2012, 06:58 AM   #31
tacklebox
chillin the most
 
tacklebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 1998
Posts: 16,642
Rep Power: 21474849
tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Orange View Post
lol...if you guys had to deal with half the shit I deal with on a daily basis your heads would probably explode.
Lol asia
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #32
walleater
Registered User
 
walleater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a donkey sanctuary.
Posts: 3,590
Rep Power: 7885584
walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.
I've thankfully not had to do it for a while, but when riding over the Second Narrows Bridge, I'd like to slam the people who ride the 'wrong' way with a jousting stick and then throw them over the side. Especially the fake roadies. Just because you are wearing a 'Banesto' or whatever tight top with your nipples protruding through doesn't mean you are Pedro Delgado (Jeez I'm old....). If you are that much of a supreme athlete, just cycle those extra few meters and go the 'right' fucking way! Yes I know you can legally ride in whichever direction you like but that doesn't mean that people riding against the flow of traffic shouldn't be shot in the face.
__________________
Quote:
treezz
wow you are a ass
walleater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:19 AM   #33
dynasplit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 786
Rep Power: 8209845
dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.dynasplit has achieved FLOW.
I almost was run over by a dog on my commute this morning...true story!
dynasplit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #34
onepunch
Registered User
 
onepunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Van city
Posts: 3,772
Rep Power: 21474847
onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleater View Post
I've thankfully not had to do it for a while, but when riding over the Second Narrows Bridge, I'd like to slam the people who ride the 'wrong' way with a jousting stick and then throw them over the side. Especially the fake roadies. Just because you are wearing a 'Banesto' or whatever tight top with your nipples protruding through doesn't mean you are Pedro Delgado (Jeez I'm old....). If you are that much of a supreme athlete, just cycle those extra few meters and go the 'right' fucking way! Yes I know you can legally ride in whichever direction you like but that doesn't mean that people riding against the flow of traffic shouldn't be shot in the face.
It is narrow. We all have to deal with it.
Phht! Anoying other cyclists, gettin all in your important way.
__________________
WTF, Over?
onepunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 04:57 PM   #35
walleater
Registered User
 
walleater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: in a donkey sanctuary.
Posts: 3,590
Rep Power: 7885584
walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.walleater has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepunch View Post
It is narrow.
Yep, so it makes a shit load of sense for everyone to ride in the same direction! If I ever have to ride over there again, I'm going to copy a certain person on here and slap my 780mm bars on my commuter.
__________________
Quote:
treezz
wow you are a ass
walleater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
Uncle Duke
pick and shovel
 
Uncle Duke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 8,154
Rep Power: 21474848
Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.Uncle Duke has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shirk View Post
You too dumb to flip the switch off?
made me laff..
Uncle Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 05:16 PM   #37
onepunch
Registered User
 
onepunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Van city
Posts: 3,772
Rep Power: 21474847
onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.onepunch has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by walleater View Post
Yep, so it makes a shit load of sense for everyone to ride in the same direction! If I ever have to ride over there again, I'm going to copy a certain person on here and slap my 780mm bars on my commuter.
What do you do with faster/slower riders? It does not matter which way you go, you get held up there, or hold some one up. Period. And because you know it is leagal to ride either way on eihter side, you should not expect much when crossing it. Fu$k sakes it is only about 800M from end to end. We all get stopped more by cars in plenty of other spots.
__________________
WTF, Over?

Last edited by onepunch; 03-25-2012 at 05:36 PM.
onepunch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:16 AM   #38
tungsten
Registered User
 
tungsten's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Hastings Sunrise, where people bring machetes to house parties!
Posts: 3,730
Rep Power: 6329963
tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.tungsten has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Orange View Post
I love how the price of someones car seems to proportionately reflect how much of the road this person thinks they deserve. .
Welcome to Vancouver.
__________________
Go the Putin!
tungsten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 05:23 PM   #39
lycra_wearer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 323
Rep Power: 123943
lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.lycra_wearer has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by onepunch View Post
What do you do with faster/slower riders?
i'll add to this rant... this is to the fawking a$$hole on the large blue e-bike with green bags (I'm sure that he doesn't hang out in this forum, but this is the thread, so i'll continue typing as if he'll read this).. you know who you are! last week, crossing the 2nd narrows in the morning, going south, at least you were riding in the direction of traffic, BUT when you caught up to the two slower moving riders, you had no f'ing reason to start hitting your damn horn. WTF do you think you are, and WTF did you think they were going to do? Yes, you did get under the skin of the woman in front of you, enough that she stopped and tried to let you around, but your monstrosity of an e-bike (pedal, b!tch) would not fit around, so instead of the three of us riding across the bridge, instead we were all standing there while you tried to squeeze through, finally realizing that you couldn't, she started pedaling again and we made it across. I know you heard me, unless you were wearing earbuds under your helmet. I know you heard me all the way up the bridge, down the other side, and then as I rode next to you over towards the docks before you finally sped up enough and got on the streets. You heard me, but seemed to have no interest in stopping to talk. Hopefully one day, you'll be behind me over the bridge, I'll trackstand every other pedal stroke.. If you're in that much of a hurry, then HTFU and ride the bridgedeck. see if the cacophony of horns behind you bother you as much as yours bothered that woman riding her bike...
lycra_wearer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:02 AM   #40
bmor
Hello my name is
 
bmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: down by the river
Posts: 1,317
Rep Power: 300977
bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.bmor has achieved FLOW.
vent

Yesterday I got cut off 3 times on my 2 hr round trip. Strange day. Woman passes me in the bike lane then immediately turns right into a car dealership on Lougheed. I skid to a halt, start giving her what for, but she's oblivious, windows up, radio on. Coming home on East Esplanade, I'm heading west. Eastbound driver goes to turn up St. Georges, is halfway into the oncoming lane before she stops and acknowledges my presence.
Be very careful out there.
P.S. I went the wrong way over the bridge 'cause I'm headed to Bby yo.

Last edited by bmor; 03-28-2012 at 04:11 AM.
bmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:48 PM   #41
clarkee
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 12 speed heaven
Posts: 478
Rep Power: 2026639
clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.clarkee has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycra_wearer View Post
i'll add to this rant... this is to the fawking a$$hole on the large blue e-bike with green bags (I'm sure that he doesn't hang out in this forum, but this is the thread, so i'll continue typing as if he'll read this).. you know who you are! last week, crossing the 2nd narrows in the morning, going south, at least you were riding in the direction of traffic, BUT when you caught up to the two slower moving riders, you had no f'ing reason to start hitting your damn horn. WTF do you think you are, and WTF did you think they were going to do? Yes, you did get under the skin of the woman in front of you, enough that she stopped and tried to let you around, but your monstrosity of an e-bike (pedal, b!tch) would not fit around, so instead of the three of us riding across the bridge, instead we were all standing there while you tried to squeeze through, finally realizing that you couldn't, she started pedaling again and we made it across. I know you heard me, unless you were wearing earbuds under your helmet. I know you heard me all the way up the bridge, down the other side, and then as I rode next to you over towards the docks before you finally sped up enough and got on the streets. You heard me, but seemed to have no interest in stopping to talk. Hopefully one day, you'll be behind me over the bridge, I'll trackstand every other pedal stroke.. If you're in that much of a hurry, then HTFU and ride the bridgedeck. see if the cacophony of horns behind you bother you as much as yours bothered that woman riding her bike...
Electric bikes - TRAVESTY I have no idea why but they make me mad
clarkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:01 AM   #42
Fast Orange
pinko
 
Fast Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tianjin
Posts: 12,938
Rep Power: 21474850
Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tungsten View Post
Welcome to Vancouver.
Sorry but no,

Until you have experienced traffic in some wild asian countries you have no idea what bad driving actually is.
The occasional clueless or selfish motorist you guys run into is the norm over here, in Vancouver they are the exceptions.

I visited Vancouver a couple years ago and it was a commuter's paradise. People are considerate to each other and cars actually give cyclists the right of way. Be thankful for what you have.
__________________
www.natooke.com
Fast Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:30 AM   #43
tacklebox
chillin the most
 
tacklebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 1998
Posts: 16,642
Rep Power: 21474849
tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Orange View Post
Sorry but no,

Until you have experienced traffic in some wild asian countries you have no idea what bad driving actually is.
The occasional clueless or selfish motorist you guys run into is the norm over here, in Vancouver they are the exceptions.

I visited Vancouver a couple years ago and it was a commuter's paradise. People are considerate to each other and cars actually give cyclists the right of way. Be thankful for what you have.
Seriously,why do you live in that shithole?
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:09 AM   #44
Fast Orange
pinko
 
Fast Orange's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Tianjin
Posts: 12,938
Rep Power: 21474850
Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.Fast Orange has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hard Tack View Post
Seriously,why do you live in that shithole?
Because I love a challenge.

And don't call my home a shithole. Back to ranting about commuting....
__________________
www.natooke.com

Last edited by Fast Orange; 03-29-2012 at 04:11 AM.
Fast Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 05:19 AM   #45
tacklebox
chillin the most
 
tacklebox's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: 1998
Posts: 16,642
Rep Power: 21474849
tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Orange View Post
Because I love a challenge.

And don't call my home a shithole. Back to ranting about commuting....
Well it sure sounds like one.
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Sponsored Links

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SPD's 4 Commuting? Heathen Commuting 68 01-09-2013 12:44 AM
I need cheap, not ugly SPD commuting shoes. Straw Gear 14 06-07-2010 06:54 AM
Trail capable commuting bikes? danielb Gear 23 06-29-2008 11:13 PM
Attn: Bio-Pace, re- Commuting Adam West NBR - Not Biking Related 36 05-22-2006 04:29 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 04:56 AM.