Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales > Race Forum

Race Forum Everything and anything about the race scene.

Old 03-21-2012, 08:09 PM   #1
woodywoodbine

woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW.
Look At The Stats!

I've been inspired by the attempts over at the Dirt Magazine blog to look at afew of the stats and splits coming out of the first round of the World Cup and started up a little blog to combine watching the World Cup with geeking out with a load of stats and trying out some new types of data visualisation. Check out 'Look At The Stats!' here:

http://lookatthestats.blogspot.co.uk/

First post takes an in depth look at the split times for the Men. Let me know what you think!
woodywoodbine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #2
beeeom

beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW. beeeom has achieved FLOW.
ok

im a geek and this cool

bookmarked.
beeeom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:01 AM   #3
big-ted
tape-cutter

big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW.
http://www.rootsandrain.com already does this, and did so before DirtMag, just FYI...
big-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:18 AM   #4
Bryan
bighitter who?

Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by big-ted View Post
http://www.rootsandrain.com already does this, and did so before DirtMag, just FYI...
I posted a link to Rootsandrain last year and thought the site was pretty cool.

It'd be nice to see the BC Cup series share their results with them. Then people would have to get all pissy when searching for their results...lol.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:25 AM   #5
kperras

kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW. kperras has achieved FLOW.
Super cool! I loved the article. Shared it on Fb.
kperras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #6
woodywoodbine

woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW. woodywoodbine has achieved FLOW.
Cheers for the encouragement folks. Inspired me to keep doing it!

Fair hat tip to www.rootsandrain.com big-ted. That site is amazing for getting the raw stats but from what I can see there's not a lot of analysis of the stats, which is what I'm trying to do.
Old 03-22-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
big-ted
tape-cutter

big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

It'd be nice to see the BC Cup series share their results with them. Then people would have to get all pissy when searching for their results...lol.
I'm pretty sure it's on Seb's radar for this season, as he asked me to give him details of all the North American race series a couple of months ago. I'll remind him about it next time I speak to him.
big-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #8
woodywoodbine

New post up looking at the womens' race:
http://lookatthestats.blogspot.co.uk...artizburg.html
Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #9
woodywoodbine

Hello folks, I've been diving deeper into the splits to get some more in depth analysis of where it was won and lost at PMB. Turns out it probably wasn't the pedal section (unless your name is Steve Smith or Sam Hill)..

http://lookatthestats.blogspot.co.uk...it-really.html
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: