Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Gear

Gear Gear-related discussions

Old 03-20-2012, 06:47 AM   #31
C.Lee
Pepper Mint!

C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW.
I had a look at both racks.

Yakima felt fairly sturdy but also fairly bulky compared to thule.
I was told thule rack locks are easy to break through with flat head screw driver.

Still sitting between the two.... I guess I have to commit and go for one

Old 03-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #32
morgman
probably on bottletop

morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW. morgman has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
Just out of curiosity, did anyone try using this rack with a road bike? I'm doing ride to conquer cancer this year from Vancouver to Seattle, training with buddies requires driving to meet up point. For now the road bike goes in the trunk with front wheel off (easy).
They work for various wheel sizes as the front of the rack has a sliding piece.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #33
heckler13

heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW. heckler13 has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Lee View Post
I had a look at both racks.

Yakima felt fairly sturdy but also fairly bulky compared to thule.
I was told thule rack locks are easy to break through with flat head screw driver.

Still sitting between the two.... I guess I have to commit and go for one
love your sig. are you the one who had a clip of the lady dancing at the club a while back?
heckler13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #34
jetta_mike
I heart bewbs

jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW. jetta_mike has achieved FLOW.
I have a Sidearm collecting dust in my garage. Any takers?
jetta_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:15 PM   #35
Mike E

Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW. Mike E has achieved FLOW.
Yes

Pm me

Thanks Mike
Mike E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #36
Stone Cold
person of interest

Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW. Stone Cold has achieved FLOW.
Can't thank you enough! The experience wtih Hagen's of Blaine was terrific,overall I saved over $100. The icing on the cake was when the agent at the border just let me through with a verbal declaration of the bike rack, I didn't have to pay tax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoredad View Post
Stone Cold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:10 AM   #37
C.Lee
Pepper Mint!

C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
Can't thank you enough! The experience wtih Hagen's of Blaine was terrific,overall I saved over $100. The icing on the cake was when the agent at the border just let me through with a verbal declaration of the bike rack, I didn't have to pay tax.
yeah, i havent paid anything when crossing and i declare everything.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: