Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Whistler Forum

Whistler Forum Bike Park and trails in Whistler

Old 03-19-2012, 01:56 PM   #1
Diablo

Diablo is a n00b; standing by
Visiting Whistler and Sun Peaks in August

Hi Guys!
We with the friend plan to arrive from Russia to ride in Whistler and a maybe Sun Peaks in August.
Will spend 20 days in Canada, 10 days in Whistler and maybe 10 days in SP.
I saw many variants on booking.com for stay, but all variants very expensive...
Maybe you can point good variants for live, it is not far from mountain? It seems to me, you as living more close, know all best places there ))

And if you van advise a better plase the Sun Peaks, let us know about it

Thank you very much )
Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
snowdan

snowdan is a n00b; standing by
see more of BC

10 days in whistler is sweet... If you have a vehicle, you should add in some shuttles in pemberton and squamish.
I'd recommend 4 days in kamloops/sun peaks, 3 at silverstar and 3 on the north shore.

If you just want chairlift access, I've done the circle trip from Whistler to sun peaks, silverstar, kicking horse, panorama and fernie (2 days at each) in 11 days but it's about 3500kms of driving.

I think they're all worth visiting with very different riding experiences at each.
snowdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
Gnarly_X

Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.
Sun Peaks probably has some good deals to stay on the resort and get a bike park pass as a combo deal. Check out their website.

If you're in BC and you're coming all that way, maybe consider hitting Silver Star resort. It's about 2 hours drive south, maybe a little more. A three resort visit to BC will blow your mind. The travelling isn't much more downtime and you'll be doing that overnight outside of riding time anyway.

Sun Peaks is more rough, haggard, natural, and steep. Old school natural singletrack DH riding. Silver Star has a lot more smooth groomed fast trails with jumps and drops, and amazingly well build berms. More "fun" type of riding than Sun Peaks. Silver Star also has accommodation and bike park pass deals. Open til late Fri and weds night this year too, for more riding.

Sun Peaks has more amenities in the village, at Silver Star you have to be a bit more self sufficient. Mountain High pizza at Sun Peaks ftw.

Silver Star

Sun Peaks
Gnarly_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #4
Diablo

Thanks guys!
I think to remain for 5 days in SP and 5 days in SS...
But we without the car, and the camping won't help us... We search for room or house for live and can you know, how it is possible to reach from Vancouver to Whistler, form Whistler to SP and from SP to SS?
And about prises, 1250$\10 days in Whistler for 2 people it's normal?) Without food...
All hotels which I have found stand approximately like 1250-1300$
Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #5
Gnarly_X

Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW. Gnarly_X has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
Thanks guys!
I think to remain for 5 days in SP and 5 days in SS...
But we without the car, and the camping won't help us... We search for room or house for live and can you know, how it is possible to reach from Vancouver to Whistler, form Whistler to SP and from SP to SS?
And about prises, 1250$\10 days in Whistler for 2 people it's normal?) Without food...
All hotels which I have found stand approximately like 1250-1300$
Dude, it's North America. With bikes and gear and people you are going to require the use of an automobile. It's the law.
Old 03-20-2012, 08:24 AM   #6
Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarly_X View Post
Dude, it's North America. With bikes and gear and people you are going to require the use of an automobile. It's the law.
))) i can rent a automobile, but we are need only 3 transfers... rent for all 20 days and use it only 3 times, it's not fair.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #7
Gnarly_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo View Post
))) i can rent a automobile, but we are need only 3 transfers... rent for all 20 days and use it only 3 times, it's not fair.
Ok here's a solution to your logistical nightmare......

Rent vehicle one way from Whistler to Kamloops (might have to do the rental from Vancouver for that leg).

Hook up with bro at Mostly Mental Shuttles

pay him to take you to Sun Peaks (located way out of town) with a shitheap of grocery and beverage.

Once finished at Sun Peaks, get shuttle bro to drive you to Silver Star, may cost you $ but cheaper than car rental and you support the local mountain biking industry.

Once finished at Silver Star get a local taxi company with a big van or suchlike to take you into town, book a one way rental back to Vancouver.

The one way car rentals may cost you more money but overall you'll spend less than 20 days with a rental car.

Fly home.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: