Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales > Race Forum

Race Forum Everything and anything about the race scene.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:29 PM   #16
DaveM
www.davemackie.ca

DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW. DaveM has achieved FLOW.
I watched the feed off redbull's facebook page and it was ok although a few hangups. The beginning was all messed up though. I tuned in around 5:30 and Warner was talking about technical difficulties and calling the first of the men but we were actually watching the women come down. When the women were done it went to the men already in progress but the first 30 or so had already come down. I thought there would be more cameras though, nothing on the big tables at all. It wasn't really much different than the freecaster coverage.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
gweb
waiting...

gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW. gweb has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taprider View Post
is my computer out of date or is Red Bull TV jerky/stop actiony for everyone?
I only caught the end, but it worked pretty well on the iPad app, was a little pixelated on the apple tv.

Great to see Stevie back up in the top 10 after the crash at Val de Sole last year.

Last edited by gweb; 03-18-2012 at 05:23 PM.
gweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #18
Sethimus
www.mtbfreeride.tv

Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW. Sethimus has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

Personally I would rather watch courses that challenge their actual riding skills not their fitness.
so you say minaar's win today was all won on his fitness, and not on his skill? he made time after the second split, not in between...
Old 03-19-2012, 12:07 AM   #19
Bryan
bighitter who?

Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethimus View Post
so you say minaar's win today was all won on his fitness, and not on his skill? he made time after the second split, not in between...
no, I would say a few of skilled riders lost some precious seconds due to their fitness not being up to snuff or on par with Minaar. Had Minaar not been a strong pedaller he would have likely been down a few rungs on the ladder.

Minaar is a talented rider and his record would speaks for itself......

seems to me you're digging a little deep to try and create an argument.

I already stated my point, that it seems to give the some merit to the ones that are complaining that the course sucks, when one needs to run XC parts to get an edge on the course. We saw the same thing at the World Champs a few years ago. Were all the riders running dropper posts.......no, were all off them running semi-slick tires.....no, but the fact is some were and it seems to me, if you're running that kinda stuff it says the course is pretty flat for extended periods.

Your post did make me laugh though, so thanks for that......Minaar all fitness and not on his skill.....lol.

Last edited by Bryan; 03-19-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:30 AM   #20
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW.
I figure the guys who are gonna be on the box this year will be the ones who have stepped up their overall fitness to meet the pressure put on by Gwin's crazy season last year, he puts a lot of effort into training right (like a moto racer) and the results last year proved it. The other top players had to get serious over the winter to get anywhere near Gwin. Top five for the overall this year will be decided between, Minaar, Gwin, Hannah, Smith and Gee I think....great race today....
Old 03-19-2012, 12:48 AM   #21
Sparkplug

Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW. Sparkplug has achieved FLOW.
I just wish we didn't have to wait so long for the next WC race!!
Sparkplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #22
Bryan
bighitter who?

Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW. Bryan has achieved FLOW.
Did anyone see the interview where Peaty was looking for a 6" front rotor?

Nothing says DH like a 6" front rotor.....lol.

sidenote, I think the reason was because he found the 8" too grabby, but still.
Old 03-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #23
Bryan
bighitter who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethimus View Post
As a side note, Greg Minaar was second fastest in the pedally section.....just sayin. If and this is a BIG if, he was as fit as Gwin and posted the same time as Gwin in the pedally section....he would have lost....although that was never my point of my post. I really dont care who is super fit or not, I just dont want to see dropper posts on DH bikes. I dont even like seeing them on XC bikes...but thats me.

http://dirt.mpora.com/news/pietermar...me-tables.html
Old 03-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #24
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbud View Post
I figure the guys who are gonna be on the box this year will be the ones who have stepped up their overall fitness to meet the pressure put on by Gwin's crazy season last year, he puts a lot of effort into training right (like a moto racer) and the results last year proved it. The other top players had to get serious over the winter to get anywhere near Gwin. Top five for the overall this year will be decided between, Minaar, Gwin, Hannah, Smith and Gee I think....great race today....
You're leaving Hart, Hill an Brosnan out of that list? Brave man...

- Morgman
JCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:08 AM   #25
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW. bcbud has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
You're leaving Hart, Hill an Brosnan out of that list? Brave man...
Hart is a darkhorse at the moment, Brosnan is pretty tiny and has a tough time on anything too pedally, Hill IMO is not a contender this year maybe next year, but it seems to me he has lost some speed since his injury...
Old 03-19-2012, 09:04 AM   #26
JCL

JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW. JCL has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbud View Post
Hart is a darkhorse at the moment, Brosnan is pretty tiny and has a tough time on anything too pedally, Hill IMO is not a contender this year maybe next year, but it seems to me he has lost some speed since his injury...
LOL! Brosnan put a second into Steve Smith on the pedal section and even if he didn't he's the new Nico. Hill had one of the fastest top sections and was by far the fastest guy on flats.

- Morgman
Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #27
big-ted
tape-cutter

big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW. big-ted has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCL View Post
LOL! Brosnan put a second into Steve Smith on the pedal section and even if he didn't he's the new Nico. Hill had one of the fastest top sections and was by far the fastest guy on flats.
\end{Monster/Specialized Reacharound}

big-ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:32 AM   #28
JCL

It does look like it but I was just giving credit where it was due. Never seen anything like Brosnan though.

But the guy I wanna see win is Bryceland.

- Morgman
Old 03-20-2012, 04:00 AM   #29
FullMonty
I'm Surrey-ous.

FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW. FullMonty has achieved FLOW.
the guys I want to win one would be:

steve smith
brendog
blenki

they better get on it before brosnan is winning everything.
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: