Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Trail News/Maintenance

Trail News/Maintenance Trail building info, issues, and discussions

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 PM   #91
Skogland

Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW. Skogland has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeridefreddy View Post
News flash, some riders out there are self righteous enough that they go through the trouble of throwing debris on new lines in the name of trail preservation. To those stupid hassholes don't ask yourself why your being to beaten to a pulp when you get caught. You know why.

Saturday morning someone took the trouble of putting as huge stump at the bottom of the new snake loam line near the bottom of Shore Play( by the out of commission rock face) and threw debris on a few extra lines. They were clear Friday night for the night ride, we rode Saturday and the lines were blocked. This caused a few riders to crash and sustain injuries which could have been serious.

I'm personally looking out for these clowns. There is no right or wrong way to ride a trail. Ride the lines you like and leave the other ones alone. Don't sabotage and put anyones safety at risk, doing so can put other riders in harms way. So ask yourself before you go play trail God, "are my actions worth a spinal injury, broken leg or busted head"?
You're as clueless as they come. That's no trail nazi, but the origial trail builder trying to control a bunch of hack's poor riding choices.
Skogland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #92
Sharon

Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeridefreddy View Post

I'm personally looking out for these clowns. There is no right or wrong way to ride a trail. Ride the lines you like and leave the other ones alone. Don't sabotage and put anyones safety at risk, doing so can put other riders in harms way.

I hope you find them. I'm sure they're looking for you too.

Spoken like a true leach who has never done a bit of maintenance.

Don't braid. Its lazy doesn't help anyone.

You should also never assume there are no hazards on a trail, what if it was a natural blow down?
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 PM   #93
mr_fungle
eurotrash in canucklestan

mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW. mr_fungle has achieved FLOW.
lol - Freddy got Fingered!

mr_fungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #94
Tmack

Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW.
I am all for the original trail builder sabotaging new lines to discourage riding on them. I do feel that the obstacle used for said discouraging should be at the beginning of the line, not the end. I say this only because there have been a few times when I was riding a trail for the first time and unknowingly rode an illegal part only to find myself stuck in a pile of logs etc.
Tmack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #95
tacklebox
red dragon

tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
Devils advocate here....how is one to know if they're riding on the original line,a squid line or a re-routed line?

I've never ridden this trail,so I have no idea what this particular location looks like,but he says its beside a decommissioned line.

How is one to know whether the builder did it or not?

Further more,closures need be VERY obvious.Don't think you're putting out a good message by blocking braids where they can't be seen from above,if that is the case here....that's as poor form as cutting an unwanted or unauthorized line.
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 02:57 AM   #96
Tmack

Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW. Tmack has achieved FLOW.
^exactly my point
Tmack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:48 AM   #97
Tom P
Harvester of Loam

Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
Further more,closures need be VERY obvious.Don't think you're putting out a good message by blocking braids where they can't be seen from above,if that is the case here....that's as poor form as cutting an unwanted or unauthorized line.
yep. We block braids with a group of 3-4 guys. We drag something onto the braid big enough that 3 or 4 guys can barely move it, so it's very likely to stay put, and then we bury the braid in more smaller debris, and then plant ferns to blend the braid back into the forest... it is very obvious that that line is gone when we are done. People soon forget the braid once their brain no longer sees where it was.

branches or logs that 1 guy is throwing on the trail will be small enough that 2 Braid Lovers can easily move it out of the way on their next rip down.

*disclaimer: In this thread I am assuming the 'braid blocker' is also the builder/maintainer/protector of the original line, and the Braid Lovers are clueless re: trail etiquette.

Comox Valley Mountain Biking - www.cvmtb.com

Last edited by Tom P; 03-31-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: engrish
Tom P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 04:55 AM   #98
tacklebox
red dragon

tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW. tacklebox has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom P View Post
yep. We block braids with a group of 3-4 guys. We drag something onto the braid big enough that 3 or 4 guys can barely move it, so it's very likely to stay put, and then we bury the braid in more smaller debris, and then plant ferns to blend the braid back into the forest... it is very obvious that that line is gone when we are done. People soon forget the braid once their brain no longer sees where it was.

branches or logs that 1 guy is throwing on the trail will be small enough that 2 Braid Lovers can easily move it out of the way on their next rip down.

*disclaimer: In this thread I am assuming the 'braid blocker' is also the builder/maintainer/protector of the original line,
..see thats doing it right
Quote:
and the Braid Lovers are clueless re: trail etiquette.
Like i said,it gets a little grey.....how are you supposed to know if it's a legit line or not (remember,he posted that the line beside it had been de-ac'd)?
tacklebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 05:10 AM   #99
Tom P
Harvester of Loam

Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW. Tom P has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymoron View Post
..see thats doing it right

Like i said,it gets a little grey.....how are you supposed to know if it's a legit line or not (remember,he posted that the line beside it had been de-ac'd)?
Yah there are subtle braids out there, where both line options are reasonable lines depending on how fast riders are hitting the line/corner etc, and then there's the braids cause by short cutting, where one line is a well located, uneroded switchback/line and the 'braid' is a eroding fall-line, blown-out gutter of a trail that is there because it is faster and shorter, and typically requires little cornering skill.

I'm thinking of the latter situation, where the 'braid' is fairly obvious as a unsustainable line choice.

Old 03-31-2011, 05:16 AM   #100
Tom P
Harvester of Loam

That being said, I have blocked off the my original line when a braid has formed because the original line was not in the right spot.

To me the issue isnt the braid, it's this guys attitude that he can ride whereever the fuck he wants on the trail. It's all about him maximizing his fun. He is a big part of why mountain bikes are given such a hard time on the shore imo.

Old 07-15-2012, 03:04 AM   #101
TieMyShoe

TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW. TieMyShoe has achieved FLOW.
I already left my rant in another thread... to sum it up, damaged bike, damaged me..

TieMyShoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:36 AM   #102
dawnchairy

dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW. dawnchairy has achieved FLOW.
Probably not the work of the Trail Nazi, but some friends were riding down Crown along the edge of Musqueam park below Marine and hit fishing line at head and leg height. Luckily they got away with only a cut leg.
Old 08-23-2012, 04:52 AM   #103
Stuminator
Thread Killer.

Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnchairy View Post
Probably not the work of the Trail Nazi, but some friends were riding down Crown along the edge of Musqueam park below Marine and hit fishing line at head and leg height. Luckily they got away with only a cut leg.
Don't the assholes who put that up realize someone could get killed riding into fishing line? Basically, it amounts to attempted murder.
Stuminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: