Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 03-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #1
Matt D
A.V. Nerd

Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW. Matt D has achieved FLOW.
Raceface Official Press Release

The final press release from Craig Pollack, former Race Face CEO and managing partner was just released.

"The reasons for the receivership are complex but basically the company recently got offside on its borrowing base with the bank."

Check out the news here...
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-2011, 05:15 PM   #2
Sideshow
Yeeehaaa!

Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW. Sideshow has achieved FLOW.
So sad.

Contact me at: cory@c4ridertraining.com

I am not so good at returning PM's as some have noticed.

c4race.com
Sideshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:19 PM   #3
hypa
Erhmagerhd!

hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW. hypa has achieved FLOW.
It's a bad time to owe money.
Sad news, but let's hope that a positive outcome will follow.
hypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
Oldfart

Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW. Oldfart has achieved FLOW.
Whether you like their stuff or not, it is a sad outcome. I find it hard to imagine that some entity won't pick it up. The name is instantly recognized in the bike world and in a good way.
Old 03-17-2011, 05:59 PM   #5
M@ikel

M@ikel is a n00b; standing by
M@ikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #6
Mic
The Diaper Diaries

Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW. Mic has achieved FLOW.
I really, really hope that a company that is decent and "honest" to the sport will pick it up again, so that nothing like the Schwinn fiasco will happen.
Old 03-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #7
xy9ine

xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW. xy9ine has achieved FLOW.
seen at the taipei bike show *sheds tear*:

xy9ine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:40 PM   #8
dorse
bluesky blackdeath

dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW. dorse has achieved FLOW.
dorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
EdanM

Race Face

Brodie, Syncros, Bridgestone, Off Road Toad,... Race Face.

If you're reading this and feel a strong pang of nostalgia (as I do), you too are lamenting the loss of a company whose vintage dates back to when mountain biking was still new; before suspension bikes existed (no disrespect to off-road/pro-flex); before mavic built wheels (and still made cranks!); when dia-compe 987 cantis were hi-end, and one could still buy a hand-built Sovereign from Paul Brodie (I still kick myself for passing up that opportunity, and I would likely still own it today). We have watched as the small and genuinely innovative builders and pioneers of our sport have been swallowed up by cost margins and mega-corporations. It makes me sad -and a little sick- when this kind of thing happens, and yes, I understand market demand, cost efficiencies, trends in the sport, etc... but I can't help but feel like a part of my youth died last week.

Syncros too was an amazing little company designing, testing and building some extraordinary components, and yet when they were bought out, their quality went into the toilet, and they became an industry joke. Even since Ritchey bought the brand, there is so little left of the original spirit of the brand that Syncros as a name really ought to be buried.

I genuinely hope that RF emerges from this whole mess and regains it's original stature as a leader in not only manufacturing components, but equally, supporting and promoting the sport and its athletes, from big names to local races.

What does give me hope is seeing the likes of Chris King/Cielo, IF, Mariposa, Sycip Cycles, Sweetpea and a host of other custom builders going strong and producing truly excellent frames and components -at a cost, a high cost. At the end of the day, it is the consumer who drives these changes: we buy components and bikes to suit the flavour of the month/season/year and requirements change with time. We also LOVE a deal, so if we can buy it cheaper...

Whatever the reason for the end of RF, be it mis-management, greed, poor planning, or just the whims of the market and a crap economy, I for one hope that the little one-off guys continue to thrive and keep building us bikes and gear that we will have a decade from now.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
dudski
bikes yo

dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW. dudski has achieved FLOW.
That is one sad photo right there...when I was a nine year old drawing dream bikes, I always made sure they were all spec'd with Turbine LP's.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:57 PM   #11
Bryce
Registered Abuser

Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW. Bryce has achieved FLOW.
thanks Neetesh, that really puts it all in perspective
Bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: