Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 10-15-2010, 05:34 AM   #16
C.Lee
Pepper Mint!

C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Session88FR View Post
I remember reading the original article when Mike first got the Boxxers and he mentioned sore hands. This is something I've experienced with my Boxxers to the point where I had to stop riding for a while. I tried everything to prevent this, do we know if Mike ever resolved the issue of sore hands and was it related to the fork or the cockpit set-up?

Would anyone that's ridden a Fox 40 AND a Boxxer 2010 say that the Fox 40 has better small bump compliance? I don't want to start a Fox / RockShox debate, it's just a question for anyone who's ridden both, what they would recommend as the best fork for small bump compliance at speed? I ride a lot in the Alps (Morzine / Les Gets etc) and the brake bumps are horrific there, my Totems felt pretty good over them, but the Boxxers fed back sooo much vibration my hands were shot for a good few months. Desperate to find the right fork. I'm not a DH racer, just enjoy freeriding and some DH but must have excellent small bump compliance to avoid destroying my hands again!

Thanks!

my '10 totem solo air didnt feel too great over braking bumps at whistler. I think I just need to learn to tune the fork better

Old 10-16-2010, 07:17 PM   #17
Session88FR
Session88FR

Session88FR is a n00b; standing by
Interesting, my Totems (coil) felt pretty good but I wound out all of the low and high speed compression so there was no compression, then put about 2 clicks of high speed and 1 click of low speed... super plush, not good for braking, loads of dive, but for the brake bumps it was pretty plush with pretty quick rebound. boxxers just feel terrible in comparison, really harsh. My totems are 2009 model, my Boxxers are 2010.
Session88FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 10:58 PM   #18
C.Lee
Pepper Mint!

C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW. C.Lee has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Session88FR View Post
Interesting, my Totems (coil) felt pretty good but I wound out all of the low and high speed compression so there was no compression, then put about 2 clicks of high speed and 1 click of low speed... super plush, not good for braking, loads of dive, but for the brake bumps it was pretty plush with pretty quick rebound. boxxers just feel terrible in comparison, really harsh. My totems are 2009 model, my Boxxers are 2010.
I don't really fiddle around much with those settings so I'm pretty newb at it, I just did what rs guide told me to do to start. 4-4-6 or something
Old 10-17-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
Session88FR
Session88FR

Session88FR is a n00b; standing by
Actually, rode recently at a Forest of Dean in Wales (UK) and even with compression virtually off, over small but regular bumps and high speed the Totems starting kicking back quite a bit. Guys on Fox forks seemed smooth as.... It's almost as if the RockShox can't respond fast enough to soak up the small hits at speed and just end up skipping over them, transmitting a lot of feedback through the bars.
Session88FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: