Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Article Discussion

Article Discussion Discuss the latest articles here

Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
Sharon

Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW. Sharon has achieved FLOW.
Vholdr ContourHD mounting options

Lee sounds off about the VHoldr ContourHD's mounting options. Discuss ....
Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2009, 05:38 AM   #2
KenN
I'm with the pedalphiles

KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW.
"404 page not found" is a strange opening sentence?

Kn.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
KenN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:38 PM   #3
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
Works now
LeeLau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #4
KenN
I'm with the pedalphiles

KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW. KenN has achieved FLOW.
So, after trying the GoPro and the VHoldr, which is nicer for vid quality, ease of use, storage space, mounting options and whatever else you can think of?

Kn.

When many people suffer from a delusion, it is called religion.
KenN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenN View Post
So, after trying the GoPro and the VHoldr, which is nicer for vid quality, ease of use, storage space, mounting options and whatever else you can think of?

Kn.
On balance, I prefer the GoPro. It's good enough for web which is the main thing I do with my videos. Note emphasis on personal preference.

Winners

vid quality -> Vholdr hands down

ease of use -> Vholdr

storage space -> TIE (SD is still cheaper then microSD but GoPro can only take 2GB SD Cards = Vholdr can take up to 16GB microSD cards - therefor has higher storage capacity)

mounting options -> GoPro hands down

Last edited by LeeLau; 08-17-2009 at 03:32 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #6
Dean W
Injuries SUCK!!

Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW. Dean W has achieved FLOW.
Interesting findings Lee.

My only comment is that you need more panflute as your soundtrack
Dean W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:27 PM   #7
LeeLau
Trail Plug

I do have folder full of mullet music dean but I need more aggro riding to do it. I still DO NOT have the second dedicated test unit. Argh. Apparently still back-ordered
Old 08-06-2009, 06:44 PM   #8
pedalhound
Artist formerly known as mudpuppy

pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW. pedalhound has achieved FLOW.
Yeah I think if they could fix Vholders sheit mounting hardware they would have a winner...I love the chest mount on your go pro vids.
pedalhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:06 AM   #9
bogdan

bogdan is a n00b; standing by
I read your post on this and I have a question, I recently got this helmet cam and had the same jiggly mount issues until I realized something. When you slide the VHoldr into the mount it gets to a mid point where it kinda clicks ... which is what I thought was the end destination ... at that point it is quite jiggly ... but if you keep sliding it till the end of the camera body then the jiggles go away and it's sorta rammed in there and stays put.

This is something not really documented by the guys at VHoldr .. I only relized that after playing with it and trying to figure out a way to get the jiggles out.

If you've already done that then I'm wondering if you had some issues with your cam, cause once I figured that out I was really happy with results.

I've not used the open air mount very much ... I used the gogle strap mount and I was quite happy with that and I recently put the adhesive mount on my DH helmet and I really like the results.

http://bogdan75.pinkbike.com/channel/Bs-Videos/

these one where were taken before I fixed the issue ... I hope to get some more footage soon to see the difference.
bogdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:01 AM   #10
Chunk
Sexy beast

Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW. Chunk has achieved FLOW.
Hey lee, when I had the chance to play with a go pro, the clips felt like they had play in them too.

Use a plastic grocery bag to make the clips fit better. I had to fold it up a couple of times, but eventualy got a REALLY good, secure fit.

You might try the same trick for the Vholdr. I have never seen the camera myself, but it looks like the same trick will work. Plastic bags are so stretchy and thin, it will take up play while not interfering with clip
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 AM   #11
LeeLau
Trail Plug

Bogdan -thx. I will try that. I don't have the unit right now so I'll wait to get it back from Cam before reporting back.

Chunk - I actually didn't find any play in the spring clip of the GoPro. Am I right? Was that the spring clip that had play? I'll try shimming the Vholdr
Old 08-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #12
DirtAndFly

DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW. DirtAndFly has achieved FLOW.
thanks for the link to the mounting options. for some reason I can't find the article again but i found something not to long ago about how to mount any pov camera to make it more stable. thanks again for the link
DirtAndFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:55 PM   #13
LeeLau
Trail Plug

GoPro firmware upgrade so it can take bigger cards - http://www.goprocamera.com/fwupgrade.html

I tried the Vholdr mount trick you mentioned Bogdan and it didn't work. IT still has slop
Old 09-09-2009, 10:49 PM   #14
SEKTER13

SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW. SEKTER13 has achieved FLOW.
Does that flat mount or the camera itself have a tripod mount?
SEKTER13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:17 PM   #15
LeeLau
Trail Plug

THere's a flat mount that comes in-box with the GoPro. The tripod mount is a separate accessory
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: