Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore > Whistler Forum

Whistler Forum Bike Park and trails in Whistler

Old 06-26-2008, 08:51 PM   #1
gotham
Dropping to flat.

gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW. gotham has achieved FLOW.
Garbanzo open! Gondola fixed! WBP to kickass this weekend...

From www.whistlerbike.com

June 25, 2008

Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz clicked her heels together and said those iconic words, "There's no place like home." Dorothy lived in Kansas and although I have never been there I felt that same sentiment this week when I got home from holidays. I came home a few days before returning to work to climb and conquer Mount Laundry and to spend a few days as a guest in the Bike Park riding deep under cover so no one would recognize me and ask me work related questions bursting my holiday bubble. Holidays are fun but the punishment of opening your in-box on your first day back makes the memories fade fast. It seems the more fun you had, the larger the pile is that you have to wade through when you get back. I can imagine the sympathy I'm garnering is limited at best as you read this thinking "dude, your job is better than most people's vacations".

I was stoked to return and see all the work that went down while I was away. The Trail Crew and Patrol have been working hard to get us all up into Garbanzo for this week and we will be throwing open the door on Friday for your riding pleasure. Everything in the zone is open and pretty much good to go but riders should still take it easy up there because some of the trails have only seen limited maintenance prior to opening.

In the lower park "Double Vision" is now nicely ridden in and offers a really fun poppy course with all manner of berms, tables and step up / downs. Nice vision Pro and nice handy work Marty! The dual slalom track is being put together this week and will be a welcome addition and the icing on the cake to that ever changing real estate that is the lower mountain. Marty also gave some love to the final stunt in the Bone Yard so we can now crack the "Underpass" and get some people in the air to impress the tourists at the bottom as well as the patrons on the GLC Patio. Dirt Merchant's new section will be put into the mix this week now that it has had a chance to dry out, making a sweet thing even sweeter.

The Airdome retro-fit is also progressing quite nicely with the new roll-in and jumps all finished and being ridden hard by each day's batch of ramp riders. The big tables are the next phase and the first one is already 90% finished and was the focus of a good session last night. The second ramp in the line is being started today and should near completion for the weekend. The next item up for construction is the observation platform and drop which will get stared once we tackle the task of moving the foam pit a few feet. Once all these additions are complete there will be so much more to see and do in the Airdome and enough progression to keep you coming back for more! Oh, how could I forget, the new Kona Cowan DJ rental bikes are being built as I write this and will be available for rent at the Airdome this weekend.

With the weather report calling for full-on summer conditions this weekend I'm sure it will go off in the park but with tolerable lineups now that Garbanzo is open and the Gondola will be spinning for the summer.

See you in the lineup
gotham is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #2
Dropsonde

Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW. Dropsonde has achieved FLOW.
what was broken on the gondola?
Dropsonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #3
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Yeeeehaaawwww!

Unfortunately I will be enjoying everything Kamloops has to offer, but rest assured that next Sunday I will be there...

Great work guys!

Dan
Old 06-26-2008, 10:40 PM   #4
bowen rocks
boysen berry

bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW. bowen rocks has achieved FLOW.
Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssss!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 PM   #5
Cooper

Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW. Cooper has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropsonde View Post
what was broken on the gondola?
they were just replacing the cables and stuff.

Ok, since I was injured for the second half of last season, can anyone tell me where I can find the new trails up on garbo?? I was teased with gossip all last summer and now I can finally ride these new trails. So anyone wanna give me some clues??
Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #6
J.Stubb
Team RAD

J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW. J.Stubb has achieved FLOW.
Where is this Double-Vision trail ??
J.Stubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:14 AM   #7
patrolskid

patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW. patrolskid has achieved FLOW.
double vision = biker X

gondola = routine yearly maintenance

blue velvet = starts in the area of the tree fort
patrolskid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
shane_s20
1 billion

shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW. shane_s20 has achieved FLOW.
fuck the trails i want to know where this tree fort is!
australia was actually founded by criminals and its original purpose was for england to send over its criminals so the brits wouldnt have to deal with them in England, minding this was over 100 yrs ago.
shane_s20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:06 AM   #9
Carbuncle
is not cool.

Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW. Carbuncle has achieved FLOW.
So the new trail in Garbo is going to be open then? I wonder when the rumored-and-glimpsed-from-the-lift Ninja Cougar will open? Whatever, three days up there next weekend and it's going to be sick!
Carbuncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 01:38 AM   #10
Stuminator
Thread Killer.

Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW. Stuminator has achieved FLOW.
Ya know, I see all kinds of peeps here geeked up about the Garbo, but when I go there I hardly see anyone up top. Seems most of the riders like the bottom half of WBP.
Stuminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 02:11 AM   #11
juan

juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW. juan has achieved FLOW.
Exactly, This board probably comprises 5% of the bike park patrons.
Garbonzo is a big area that not a lot of people feel comfortable riding. The few times I get to Whistler each year I spend most of my time up top in the Garbo Zone and see only a handful of people.
It is mountain biking up thar!
juan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:15 AM   #12
Aeropusher
I am Sidebite!

Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW. Aeropusher has achieved FLOW.
ohboyohboyohboy!!!!!!!

oh wait....there's still a month till I'm there
Old 06-27-2008, 05:39 AM   #13
Lady Gravity
meow?

Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW. Lady Gravity has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan View Post
Exactly, This board probably comprises 5% of the bike park patrons.
Garbonzo is a big area that not a lot of people feel comfortable riding. The few times I get to Whistler each year I spend most of my time up top in the Garbo Zone and see only a handful of people.
It is mountain biking up thar!
garbanzo is the best thing that ever happened to whistler. i love it up there, sure hope they put something nice in to replace no joke.
Lady Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:16 AM   #14
thom9719
Traitor

thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW. thom9719 has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to thom9719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuncle View Post
So the new trail in Garbo is going to be open then? I wonder when the rumored-and-glimpsed-from-the-lift Ninja Cougar will open? Whatever, three days up there next weekend and it's going to be sick!
The rumor is not until after crankworx.

Kyle,
Old 06-27-2008, 07:24 AM   #15
backalleybandit
sunset photog

backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW. backalleybandit has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to backalleybandit
Yay! thanks WBP crew. see you up there sunday, monday!!
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: