Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > NBR - Not Biking Related > Snow

Snow Get all your E-Pow here...

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #406
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropsonde View Post
Hey is opening day going to be free?
What are we Crested Cutte? We have the only big ski area in the region we don't need a promo like that to get skiers.....

Old 11-13-2007, 05:47 AM   #407
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
There's a really useful Coast Mountain Observations thread over on telemarktips. Its remarkably light on dickswinging and heavy on substantive useful content like snow reports, weather and other observations etc.

http://www.telemarktalk.com/phpBB/vi...asc&highlight=

I encourage anyone interested to post over there and check it periodically.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:52 AM   #408
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
Elfin/Diamond Head area was alright today. skinnable from parking lot to Red heather and the same way back down. 45cms at Red Heather. 70 at 1540m on wind-exposed ridge on Round Mtn and 150 on lee-ward slope just off Round Mtn. Snow was pretty crappy windpack but hey - its still sliding around on snow.

One system coming into Squamish near Anvil Island - 50 to 70kmh gusts SW

Skinnable from Elfin parking lot

Little bit of snow built up already on Red Heather shelter

Clear skies on the way down

Old 11-15-2007, 12:17 PM   #409
bcbud

bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.bcbud has achieved FLOW.
http://www.atmos.washington.edu/cgi-....cgi?fronts-ir

mmmm Aluetian Low, more snow for us, should be a good opening....
Old 11-15-2007, 05:09 PM   #410
Cooper

Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.
Snow is here! Stoked for early opening too. I guess I better get my skis mounted today.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:51 PM   #411
gooch
Team JRA

gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.gooch has achieved FLOW.
looks to be about 5-6" in my backyard in alpine overnight
Old 11-17-2007, 10:46 PM   #412
bcbud

Not a bad opening day, my alarm did not wake me up so I didn't get to the lifts until 915, but the line was gone by then, heard it was almost to Zogs, there is okay coverage on most runs, lots of the big rocks are still poking out and some trees too. People were pretty gung ho though, saw people heading up Goats path and getting into lower VD trees, and hikers heading out to Harmony as well. Unfortunalty someone had hurt themselves good and had to be air lifted off the mountain. Remember kids its a long season you can't be too impatient for fresh turns.....
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 AM   #413
yea ok!

yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.yea ok! has achieved FLOW.
is the mtn open on mon/tues/wed?
Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 AM   #414
bcbud

yup
Old 11-19-2007, 02:23 AM   #415
heckler
Skookum

heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.heckler has achieved FLOW.
http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/wha...opening_111407

really? Looks like just the weekend to me.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:38 AM   #416
cameron
Evil DOC

cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!
so much fun today, hiked up to the peak, skied down the backside.

hike took about half an hour, not bad, feel bad for the poor guy who made the first trek up though.,

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@nsmb.com
send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School...and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.
EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:39 AM   #417
cameron
Evil DOC

cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!cameron has reached the snowline!
oh and watched them do some blasting up the peak, pretty cool.

do they drop the dynamite out of the heli, shoot 'em from cannon's, or put people on the ground (doubt this one cause there wasnt a long delay before it blew)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey@nsmb.com
send them a pic of you riding their DH RACE bike off the roof of Rochester School...and ask if the crack is really a manufacturing defect.
EVIL DOC FOR SALE!!
http://buysell.nsmb.com/showproduct.php?product=2155
PM ME!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:49 AM   #418
DUDEONABIKE

DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.DUDEONABIKE has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to DUDEONABIKE
today was sweet, Good snow especially for opening weekend. We hiked up peak and skied harmony at the end of the day, I also feel pretty bad for the first guy who made the trek up there
Old 11-19-2007, 04:17 AM   #419
Cooper

Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.Cooper has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUDEONABIKE View Post
today was sweet, Good snow especially for opening weekend. We hiked up peak and skied harmony at the end of the day, I also feel pretty bad for the first guy who made the trek up there
yeah, my group headed up harmony and it was great up there
Old 11-19-2007, 06:49 AM   #420
Mountain Dewd
the dewd abides

Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.Mountain Dewd has achieved FLOW.
any knowledgeable people have a guess at what the conditions will be like in early decemeber, like second week i guess.

whats the forecast looking like, what would be average for that time of year?
Closed Thread
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: