Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > Ride Planning and Tales

Ride Planning and Tales Plan your rides and talk about them

Old 11-12-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
LeeLau
Trail Plug

LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW. LeeLau has achieved FLOW.
Getting used to rain again in Vancouver

Brian, Maya, Sharon, Dieter, Ed, Chris and me headed out to the hinterlands to find trails that could be ridden in the wet but also would be fun in the wet. It was time for some people to remember to take their tires down in pressure from Whistler 50 psi tire pressure and recall what fun it can be to bounce down roots and rolls.

With us was Dave the Aussie who has a year here and so far has volunteered more effort at trail days then he has ridden! We felt he was deserving to be shown natural slip and slide.

Apologies for the pictures in advance. I'm still trying to figure out how to use a 50mm 1.8 portrait lens to shoot low-light shots in the woods. I suck at that so far.

It was dry when we started - the only sound in the forest was Waltzing Matilda

After a bit of a climb on a babyhead - choked road, we dropped very quickly into a trail. On the first ramp, Chris decided to try a bar-spin

Brian decided that he should just keep it simple and air out the chunder

Chris on some nameless rooty section - I like the light

Dave on roots, to downhill rock to small drop then tight turn section

It started raining a bit on the way down our 2nd lap and climb up - Ed looks a bit muddy

Despite my assurances that it's so easy a wallaby that's as drunk as a welder's dog could do it, Dave decides not to do the A-frame.

As we get lower, the trees change to deciduous; their fallen leaves adding to the glossy sheen of moss-covered coastal rainforest cedar log rides. This is not Canberra singletrack but Dave is not deterred

Brian is so selfish he won't widen this logride so that beginners can have a go too

Last edited by LeeLau; 11-12-2007 at 05:35 AM.
LeeLau is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2007, 08:13 AM   #2
shirk

shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW. shirk has achieved FLOW.

Hey stinkyrider7 how do you feel about more climbing?

Mr. Lau know hows to ride roots and loam.

It was classic Shore rain, fog and old school trails.
Old 11-13-2007, 04:25 AM   #3
swinefeaster
handlebar biter

swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW. swinefeaster has achieved FLOW.
where is this? fromme?
swinefeaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:35 AM   #4
Straya
Rubber Chicken Lover

Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW.
Strewth, Crikey and Stone the Crows, Lee you are more Ockker than I am. Been a long time since I've heard some of the Aussie slang that you came out with.

Seriously though that was a top day and a big thanks to all the guys and gals that took me out, I had a great time.

Here is a pic of Canberra singletrack if anyone is interested, the dust isn't that bad if you have the right gear

Lastly, Lee having had a look at your riding style, you are a 'loose unit' (another Aussieism for you)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hazmat2.jpg‎ (108.9 KB, 260 views)
Old 11-13-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
connor
Freetarded

connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW. connor has achieved FLOW.
I know where you were. It is fun..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbad
Nothing sums up my life's achievements like my stuffed corpse, suplexing a cougar.
connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
the Master Plan Dan
Dude-Brah-Dude

the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW. the Master Plan Dan has achieved FLOW.
Thumbs up

Looks kind of like Ontario without the evergreens. Noice pictures...

A few of us hit Cypress on Saturday and Sunday and it was so dark at the top of Cypress with the fog.

If you stay dry the riding is really cool.

The wind yesterday hampered the ride on Seymour with Summers and I almost being struck by a falling tree.

Pretty sketch out there when the weather is that bad. We cleared a few dead falls and a tone of branches off the trails.

Good times... just got to find a way to keep the swelling down in my hand... Summers how you feeling?

When the sun came out after though... the forest was amazing.

Cheers!

Last edited by the Master Plan Dan; 11-13-2007 at 08:08 PM.
the Master Plan Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:00 PM   #7
chris2

chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW. chris2 has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeLau View Post

On the first ramp, Chris decided to try a bar-spin

actually was going for a no hander lander
chris2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:26 AM   #8
Straya
Rubber Chicken Lover

Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW. Straya has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris2 View Post
actually was going for a no hander lander
My hit prediction is that you got that massive bruse on your foot by kicking your handlebar whilst you were jumping over them.

Hows it going?
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: