Go Back   North Shore Mountain Biking Forums > The Shore

The Shore All Shore, all the time

Old 09-13-2006, 07:41 AM   #1
axisofevelknievel

axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW.
Boarder Patrol (Squamish) Question

Hey

I haven't done Boarder Patrol yet in Squamish, but I'm thinking of checking it out the next time I'm riding there. Is it best to ride up Mashiter and then double back on BP, or is it an alternate to climbing up Mashiter?
axisofevelknievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 05:18 PM   #2
Squampton
straight outta

Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW.
thats the easiest way, it isn't very far up the road. You could do a loop around alice lake first i suppose
Squampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 06:49 PM   #3
jpi
Growlergang

jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW.
It's pretty short. Has some technical climbing on it. The downhill sections are short as well, but there is one interesting steep section with a pretty tight corner in it.
Have you ever ridden Larvacide? That's a fun line, has a nice slick rock section on it.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:59 AM   #4
slimdog

slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to slimdog
Did it for the first time this year. jpi is right it has some fun rock sections but its old and just has no flow to it. I will never hit it up again.
slimdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
axisofevelknievel

axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW. axisofevelknievel has achieved FLOW.
A combo I was interested in checking out would be something along the lines of Boarder Patrol, climb back up to Mike's Loop to Entrails to Icy Hole to Donut or Around The Rock. I've ridden a fair amount of trails in the area but not most of the ones I just listed, so I thought it could be a good loop to check out some new (to me) trails. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.
axisofevelknievel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 04:41 PM   #6
jpi
Growlergang

jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW. jpi has achieved FLOW.
I heard there was some new building going on in the Entrails area...could be worth investigating.
Here's one of my favorite rides in that area: Park at the end of Perth, head up Mashiter to Value Added (it's near Entrails). When you finish Value Added, you hit a 'T' intersection. Go right. This takes you to another T, again go right. Normally this trail spits you onto Jacks, but there is a left off of this trail, take it. A short hike a bike up gets you to the top of Larvacide. Ride Larvacide down to the road. Take a left at the road. The road ends abruptly, but there's a nice little section of trail at the dead end that takes you back to the access road. Ride the access road back toward Perth.
Still hungry? Head back up for a lap of Gouranga, or even better, Highway to Hell which has some sick stunts.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
Zedbra
Beer Shop Steward

Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW. Zedbra has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpi
I heard there was some new building going on in the Entrails area...could be worth investigating.
Here's one of my favorite rides in that area: Park at the end of Perth, head up Mashiter to Value Added (it's near Entrails). When you finish Value Added, you hit a 'T' intersection. Go right. This takes you to another T, again go right. Normally this trail spits you onto Jacks, but there is a left off of this trail, take it. A short hike a bike up gets you to the top of Larvacide. Ride Larvacide down to the road. Take a left at the road. The road ends abruptly, but there's a nice little section of trail at the dead end that takes you back to the access road. Ride the access road back toward Perth.
Still hungry? Head back up for a lap of Gouranga, or even better, Highway to Hell which has some sick stunts.
I haven't ridden any of these - we need to get out sometime

Zedbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:08 PM   #8
jpi
Growlergang

Hell yeah. I did a huge mission last summer on foot exploring that area, so I'm pretty familiar with it. You'd like Value Added..nice trail. I also started a new trial up in that area, it's about 75% done...should be a good'er
Old 09-14-2006, 10:07 PM   #9
slimdog

slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW. slimdog has achieved FLOW.
Send a message via MSN to slimdog
Ya Added value to Larvacide one of my new fav lines. Did it last week. I have seen one trail being built up there. It has a nice run in to a gap jump. Not sure if thats yours jpi. I did talk to a french dude who was buffing it up though.
slimdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:16 PM   #10
jpi
Growlergang

Is that gap jump up by Value Added / Entrails? Or more in the Larvacide area? I saw a guy come out of the woods near entrails, but had no idea where he was building...do tell...pm if possible!

**edit If you get to the top of Larvacide, go right to the top, where that steep rock ride is. Look to your immediate left, there's a trail I started there.
Old 09-15-2006, 03:53 AM   #11
Crouching Squirrel
Mastication Junkie

Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpi
Is that gap jump up by Value Added / Entrails? Or more in the Larvacide area?
I think it's on Icy Hole of death... close to the bottom of it... at least that's what I heard... if you walk up that trail right at the bottom of jacks (on your right) and go towards icy hole, i think it's just over that stream bed...
Crouching Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 03:55 AM   #12
Crouching Squirrel
Mastication Junkie

Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW. Crouching Squirrel has achieved FLOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpi
**edit If you get to the top of Larvacide, go right to the top, where that steep rock ride is. Look to your immediate left, there's a trail I started there.
sick... that's a good place to start... must be a tonne of options for the descent... what type of trail are you making it?
Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 PM   #13
jpi
Growlergang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crouching Squirrel
sick... that's a good place to start... must be a tonne of options for the descent... what type of trail are you making it?
The trail parallels larvacide for a bit, then heads off to the left. Where larvacide follows the fall line straight to the road, my trail continues to ease off to the left and parallel the road for some time, making it a fair bit longer than larvacide. I used to come out of larvacide and think "why doesn't this trail utilize all that terrain" as I rode along the road looking up into the forest.
I think I'm going to go up there tomorrow and do some work if you are interested in helping. Just reply here.

As for type of trail, It'll be a freeride run. There's a spot for a decent step up, lots of drop potential, a long ass rock face (it's really sick) and I want to throw in some nice jumps.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:56 AM   #14
Squampton
straight outta

Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW. Squampton has achieved FLOW.
dont forget timmy hoes, although it probaly could use some work these days
Squampton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 05:24 PM   #15
Crouching Squirrel
Mastication Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squampton
dont forget timmy hoes, although it probaly could use some work these days
yeah, last i saw of it (last year) the jumps were hurting... they get rocked by the sun... haven't checked it out this year though
Sponsored Links

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: